Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: The Relationship Thread

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eos View Post
    Buh.
    I have gotten myself into a romantic pickle the likes of which I personally have never seen. It started back in January when my ex confessed that he still had feelings for me. I've spent a long time being single (longer than I care to admit), and this guy is the only ex-boyfriend that I've considered getting back with, so when he told me how he felt, I offered him another chance (after mulling the idea over for a few weeks. That's probably the first red flag). Anyway, he and I talk it over and decide that we should wait and see how things go. He's no longer in town, so in order to gauge how this is going to work, I have to wait until he comes back for a visit because I agreed that we should meet in person to determine if getting back together is a good idea. I was good with this until the Universe went and fucked it all up. Not long after I make the decision to try to get back with my ex, one of the trainers at work set his sights on me (side note: this guy is not my immediate supervisor, and workplace relationships aren't frowned upon as long as HR is made aware). The last week or so has been a nonstop flirtfest between me and him complete with witty banter, him saying stupid stuff and making me mad and then making me laugh so I'll stop being mad at him. So yeah, having the pants charmed off of me (figuratively speaking, of course) on a daily basis for about a week has left me very confused. Do I try to make things work with the ex (who is only now putting in an effort to communicate; for a while I was the one initiating contact), or do I choose the new guy who gives me a lot of attention and hardly ever takes his eyes off me when we're not flirting?

*EDIT*
    Why is johnbron tagged in this thread?
    I say go for it. No point waiting on a "maybe" from your ex.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Agreed. For one thing, there's a reason exes are exes.
    That being said, the girl I was seeing who went back to her ex is still with him after a month. Poop. I'm half-heartedly back on the interwebs dating thing, but not putting much effort into it. Also, friend's birthday coming up this weekend, I'm gonna see if I can pull some bird when we're out at the bar.

And johnbron should be tagged in EVERY THREAD.
    Last edited by Fixer808; 03-03-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wish I didn't fall in love with girls I don't really know. I've been helping a girl through facebook with her depression for a while, and she's the only person I've ever talked to that really seems to feel how I feel. Funny coincidence though is she actually doesn't live far from me. I've tried to motivate her to get out more, and possibly hang out with me since we both are people who are constantly isolated, but she shies away a lot.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I wish I didn't fall in love with girls I don't really know. I've been helping a girl through facebook with her depression for a while, and she's the only person I've ever talked to that really seems to feel how I feel. Funny coincidence though is she actually doesn't live far from me. I've tried to motivate her to get out more, and possibly hang out with me since we both are people who are constantly isolated, but she shies away a lot.
    whatever you do, don't pull a jehuty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    I say go for it. No point waiting on a "maybe" from your ex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Agreed. For one thing, there's a reason exes are exes.
    That being said, the girl I was seeing who went back to her ex is still with him after a month. Poop. I'm half-heartedly back on the interwebs dating thing, but not putting much effort into it. Also, friend's birthday coming up this weekend, I'm gonna see if I can pull some bird when we're out at the bar.

And johnbron should be tagged in EVERY THREAD.
    Thanks, guys. Charming, sexy, older male coworker it is.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    whatever you do, don't pull a jehuty.
    I definitely won't. I'd off myself before I did anything that ridiculous.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Charming, sexy, older male coworker it is.

I have to admit, your last post was a bit tl;dr for me. But this sounds delicious.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    EOS, this really does seem like a no-brainer from an outsider's perspective. There's a cute guy there right this very moment flirting with you, and you're digging it? Why the hell not?!

Sounds like you've already come to the same conclusion...just reinforcing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just so you guys know: It worked out perfectly. We've been together for three weeks or so now (just met all her friends yesterday and they seem really cool). In retrospect the only thing she didn't like about it was that it was at her work because it was a bit embarassing for her.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jehuty View Post
    Just so you guys know: It worked out perfectly. We've been together for three weeks or so now (just met all her friends yesterday and they seem really cool). In retrospect the only thing she didn't like about it was that it was at her work because it was a bit embarassing for her.
    Sorry dude, but just because it worked out doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Good to hear, Machiavelli.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    She's the one that's embarrassed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I have to admit, your last post was a bit tl;dr for me. But this sounds delicious.
    I've never really been that attracted to men who are considerably older than myself (the silver fox in question is 13 years my senior. I'm 28.), but flirting with him has really changed my mind. I really hope it goes further than just flirtation.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I've never really been that attracted to men who are considerably older than myself (the silver fox in question is 13 years my senior. I'm 28.), but flirting with him has really changed my mind. I really hope it goes further than just flirtation.
    Buttsecks and orgasming inside said butt?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Congrats. Took a lot of courage on your end, nice to see that putting yourself out there paid off. Personally I don't think you did anything wrong. The worst thing that could have happened is she call you a creep and ask you never to speak to her again, which you were obviously prepared for, and did it anyway - that takes stones my friend. No risk, no reward. Just goes to show you have to trust your instincts instead of listen to a bunch of lonely people on the internet who think they know better yet don't have a clue as to how to keep a relationship functioning on their own end. Everyone's an expert, eh? Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Buttsecks and orgasming inside said butt?
    Yeah, no. (ten characters)

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Sorry dude, but just because it worked out doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.
    Wait...so stalking women in a psychotic fashion isn't the way to go? God dammit. I've been lied to me my whole life.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Yeah, no. (ten characters)
    Why the fuck not?

/cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Meeting the silver fox after I get out of work tomorrow to swap numbers and arrange a coffee date for the weekend.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    The Freddie Mercury picture elevates your post from rad to epic. <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    The Freddie Mercury picture elevates your post from rad to epic. <3
    What can I say? It expresses my feelings perfectly. I've been sitting here with an enormous grin on my face since I left work this afternoon.

EDIT:
    This picture probably would have sufficed as well.
    Last edited by Eos; 03-06-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My girlfriend emerged from the bathroom last night looking very grave and said, "I dropped my sock in the toilet."

I've been snickering about it ever since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Having coffee with the silver fox (who's looking suspiciously less silver these last few days ) in the morning. I can't sleep, I'm so excited.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    My girlfriend emerged from the bathroom last night looking very grave and said, "I dropped my sock in the toilet."
    Unsexiest seduction ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Having coffee with the silver fox (who's looking suspiciously less silver these last few days ) in the morning. I can't sleep, I'm so excited.
    Update: Met him for coffee this morning just expecting to have our Starbucks and chat; wound up spending my entire morning with him. I'll shut up now, I feel like I'm being annoying.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Starbucks was a mistake.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Remember, ladies, it's Steak & BJ Day today!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Starbucks was a mistake.
    PLAYWITHFIRE AND CONAN THE BARBARIAN everybody! The two overly-bitter/misanthropic Starbucks employees on the board.

That said, YAAAY MELISSUH. YAAAY.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well my breakup from a month ago just keeps getting nastier, she was just speaking shit to me wherever the chance occurred and generally being unpleasant, so I removed her from all network stuff (Twitter, FB, skype etc.)
    Now I've just received a very venomous text message, what a charmer.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Attachment 64

^ Us getting married on the slopes of Heavenly, California, during a totally awesome white-out.

Totally awesome powder day, best skiing personal bests we've had in years.

Thanks, Dave Navarro and Jimmy Page for bringing us together! :-)
    Last edited by allegro; 03-16-2012 at 09:12 AM.