How did it go?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    How did it go?
    Less awkward than this, hopefully:

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Haha love that picture! No not at all like that. Strangely comfortable and downright fun. We spent most of it watching a myriad of NFL games at a sports bar while downing beers and nachos. Amazingly, she's as much of a pathetic Chiefs fan as I am. We were more interested in the Dallas game anyway. Perfectly informal. Then I went and did some grocery shopping with her so we got to share a bit of the types of stupid things we buy at grocery and that was the night. By the time I got home I got the follow-on texts from her of how much of a great time she had and how she looks forward to it again soon.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    I think I kinda sorta went on a date tonight, wtf?
    Way to go bubba!

Some women like to lead, you know. I point this out since doesn't sound like you asked for the date.

On that note: I'm apparently in a long exit relationship. First time I heard that term. Must be another way of saying rebound. Whatever, with the labels.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well I officially asked her but she's the one who sidled up to the bar before all of this for us to first meet. So I made the call to hook up later for drinks and football on the actual "date" later that weekend. Unfortunately she is wicked busy (2 jobs) and I have my daughter every other weekend so follow up has been hard since to schedule but we're working on it.

Sorry about the long exit, gosh. First I've heard that as well. Maybe it should be more like a "to hell with that".

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Relationship Thread

I wish I had a nuke to bomb this zone known as the friend zone. And don't get pissy with me if I don't accept your friendship, I have plenty of those.

I seriously am just gonna give up.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

Sorry about the long exit, gosh. First I've heard that as well. Maybe it should be more like a "to hell with that".
    No no, I should have been clearer. It's been labeled an exit relationship by folks outside looking in, not the two of us. Everyone has a fuckin opinion. Bah.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Ah ok, well "to hell with those people" idiots. I'm sure I'll get the same.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The boyfriend and I have now been together for over a year. We're talking marriage. Next month we're planning on having our parents meet. I never thought I'd be in this place, but this relationship is the one thing in my life that doesn't cause me anxiety. I'm so happy and so is he. Yay for honesty and communication. Also, yay for previous therapy. Both of us worked hard to get to places where we could actually be in a healthy relationship with ourselves and each other.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Our third night out and second time meeting up to watch football. She's asking why I haven't got off my lazy ass and officially divorced yet. God im so dumb. But she has put a new fire under me to get that shit handled.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

Our third night out and second time meeting up to watch football. She's asking why I haven't got off my lazy ass and officially divorced yet. God im so dumb. But she has put a new fire under me to get that shit handled.
    Errr, you're not the only one moving slow. Gonna get through the end of the year and refocus on work and getting this transaction done. No more sitting around.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Let's ship each other a bottle of bubbly when we both get those damn things signed and done. Thanks for letting me know, I thought I've been such a heel for dragging mine out. OK, I still feel that way but it feels good to know I'm not the only one.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

Deal. But I like good bubbly. Not that cheap ass cold duck.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Let's ship each other a bottle of bubbly when we both get those damn things signed and done. Thanks for letting me know, I thought I've been such a heel for dragging mine out. OK, I still feel that way but it feels good to know I'm not the only one.
    I avoided it for a YEAR.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Dumped (with the sensitivity of a text message)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

you're coming across as not available?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Apparently I am, as my extended separation without a divorce was the issue. I even had started in on the paperwork in an effort to preserve this. Oh well.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

Continue with the divorce, so that this won't be an issue in the future? Then text her when your divorce is final.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Got meself two cubs, and bad one and a good one. This cougar thing aint bad

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Fuck the friendzone. Fuck it hard.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Relationship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post

That is what I've been saying.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    you're coming across as not available?
    Dam women you are smart!
    @sentient02970
    I'm sorry that didn't work out. Call it the world's shortest exit relationship and get that divorce. That is what you want right?

For me, for the most part, I've worked out most of my "why did my marriage fail" issues and am moving on to working on my fear of intimacy issues. I didn't know I was such a head case. I thought I was pretty normal, but really that was just avoidance. I'm devoting the rest of my life to tackling it and relationships (all kinds not just romantic) with honesty and forthrightness. Going to try and avoid "turtling".
    Last edited by Dra508; 01-06-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    It's been hell this week, a girl I've liked for years has split with her now ex, and wants to be single for a while which I can respect, although I know she's gonna go straight for a friend of mine who she declared her love for once a few months ago. Trouble is I've fallen back into the slippery slope of really liking her again, and knowing that nothing is gonna happen kills me. She keeps wanting to hang out and it's SO friendzone territory, I've had nobody to talk to about this, I want to get over this shit and carry on with life.
    Last edited by Jord; 01-06-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    2013 is looking up for ol' Liz Lemon!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    It's been hell this week, a girl I've liked for years has split with her now ex, and wants to be single for a while which I can respect, although I know she's gonna go straight for a friend of mine who she declared her love for once a few months ago. Trouble is I've fallen back into the slippery slope of really liking her again, and knowing that nothing is gonna happen kills me. She keeps wanting to hang out and it's SO friendzone territory, I've had nobody to talk to about this, I want to get over this shit and carry on with life.
    Without trying to be a massive arsehole, you guys need to stop lamenting the 'friend zoned' status and really step back and adjust your thinking. Even the phrase friend zoned is gross. Everybody can sympathise with unrequited feelings, how you deal with it makes the world of difference.

SHE'S NOT PUTTING YOU IN THE 'FRIEND ZONE', YOU ARE!!!

1: have feelings for a woman that aren't reciprocated

2: a) remain friends - this does not mean be friends with the hope that she eventually falls for you, be honest with yourself, it means friends. If you can't then

b) sever ties - seems harsh, but infinitely better for both of you than

c) friend zone yourself - spiral into bitterness, join okcupid as a 'nice guy', and end up on huffpost being laughed at by aggroculture...

P.s. I'd originally written part of this in the random stupidity thread, it was unintentionally very fucking rude for which I'm sorry (no excuse but it's 5am, really hot and I've been drinking). Didn't mean to equate you with those weirdos. I don't mean to sound condescending either, objectively it's easy to reason this shit out, in your situation emotions can cloud it out...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Dating sucks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Honestly, it's just as shitty being the person who puts you in the friend zone if it's making you upset. You'll come across as lacking backbone towards them and they'll feel as though they're walking on eggshells when interacting with you (this is simply what I've observed from friends who've been in said situation repeatedly). Pretty terrible for your self-esteem.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Friend zone guys are frequently creeps with hidden agendas and entitlement issues, don't let yourself become one of them. Be a man, take charge, and ask her out on a date. If she has no interest move on, because the other option -disingenuously pretending to be her friend- is bollocks.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Seriously, fuck "nice guy" syndrome. There's more to a relationship than getting your dick wet.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Friend zone guys are frequently creeps with hidden agendas and entitlement issues, don't let yourself become one of them. Be a man, take charge, and ask her out on a date. If she has no interest move on, because the other option -disingenuously pretending to be her friend- is bollocks.
    It's a shame Nice Guys of OKC got taken down