Page 74 of 108 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 3234

Thread: The Relationship Thread

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    My final divorce hearing which was supposed to happen last Friday didn't happen because the opposing lawyer was stuck in another court on the other side of the state. It got rescheduled to the day before Thanksgiving. I will be giving many thanks if this thing finally finishes then.
    My divorce was finalized a few days after Thanksgiving. Divorce can be a drag so make sure you celebrate once it is official.

I want to go on one legitimate date before the end of the year. Is that too much to ask for?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    My divorce was finalized a few days after Thanksgiving. Divorce can be a drag so make sure you celebrate once it is official.

I want to go on one legitimate date before the end of the year. Is that too much to ask for?
    I can't remember when my divorce prove-up happened. I was the Petitioner, I'm a paralegal so I prepared my all own divorce papers, and one of my bosses filed and did the prove-up for free, but I can't remember WHEN for the life of me. I think I have a mental block, lol. Except that it was almost 20 years ago, that's all I remember. Oh, and dickhead wasn't there because he was Respondent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No question, divorce can be an honorable, sacred thing, if done consciously and with open heart. Respect to all who do so.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractal04 View Post
    No question, divorce can be an honorable, sacred thing, if done consciously and with open heart. Respect to all who do so.
    That requires two respectable people who are mature adults. There's a reason why there are so many really wealthy divorce lawyers. (Hint: immature stupid vindictive clients)
    Last edited by allegro; 11-03-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I was fortunate that my divorce defaulted. I knew that it would go into default because I knew that my ex wouldn't read the papers and it would be too late for him to respond. It was quick and clean. Afterwards, he found out what he didn't respond to and threatened to sue me. Didn't take him seriously and it never happened.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The divorce of my first marriage in 1999 was pretty amicable. All she took was my Led Zeppelin CDs. I was OK with this: I bought the remasters.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Late Friday night, I said some hurtful things to my fwb so it was to my surprise that he wanted to hang out with me last night. We ended up hot tubbing it and it was the most magical night for me. He said some absolutely beautiful things to me and I am so overwhelmed with emotion now. What he told me was truly unexpected. I liked him before but now I think I have feelings for him. I don't know what is going on here but I am happy to feel this way. I've earned it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my computer does not like those links but I assume the pics are wonderful. Congrats!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    my computer does not like those links but I assume the pics are wonderful. Congrats!
    seems like our photographer's website is down.

here's a link to look at ALL OF THE PICTURES

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    My partner is really bad at taking care of her own health.
    She's been sick on and off for a month; last year she was sick for months. But she won't call in sick, she insists on doing a ton of work, waking up early to get stuff done, and...she stays sick.
    It's very frustrating: I feel it's some kind of martyr thing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    She's been sick on and off for a month; last year she was sick for months. But she won't call in sick, she insists on doing a ton of work, waking up early to get stuff done, and...she stays sick.
    that's definitely something that she needs to figure out how to get past, because if you're partners, she has a responsibility to be healthy not only for herself, but for you. and if she can't take some simple steps to get healthy, it's unfair to both of you.
    if you encourage her to take a couple days to recuperate, does she flat-out refuse? maybe offer to take a day off with her (if you can) so you can help take care of her?
    i know that when my wife has to take a sick day, she has a much easier time getting back to health if i'm around just to be with her, even if she insists on taking care of herself.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Isn't she the only one who's currently employed? And you have a baby to support? In this country, it's hard to take sick days unless you have CANCER. And if it's a virus or allergies or whatever, you often can't just put your life on hold for sick recovery days (and it won't help, anyway). If she's been sick for months, that sounds like a chronic condition like allergies or a sinus infection. She should definitely see a doctor (if she hasn't already) but, really, this isn't martyrdom, this is the typical life of an American mom.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-21-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    In academia cancelling classes is not a problem if the prof is sick (or away, giving a lecture somewhere else). Re-scheduling meetings with students is also not a problem. I am at home, so available to take care of her. She has seen the doctor, who says it's a sinus infection, but that she's generally healthy. I assume it is also chronic fatigue. I am no doctor but I am certain that lots of sleep and rest will help: I will do my best to insist on it this coming week - which is a vacation week.

This is not normal: health should be the priority, if that goes everything else is compromised too. We can't afford to sacrifice health to "the job."
    Last edited by aggroculture; 11-21-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I had chronic sinus infections for most of my life, they are a bitch to get rid of and rest doesn't seem to do shit - something I suspect she already knows. If she's been diagnosed as otherwise healthy, this is just a chronic condition she knows she'll have to battle? Talk nicely with her about it, tell her you're concerned, but this isn't martyrdom, I've been her.

By the way, an old friend of mine has suffered from chronic sinus infections, on and off, for more than 40 years, and was told that there is a surgery that can correct some people's problems.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-21-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Sometimes I think that I should start collecting cats. Forever Alone and breaking negative gender stereotypes for the win!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I liked him before but now I think I have feelings for him. I don't know what is going on here but I am happy to feel this way. I've earned it.
    Eh, never mind. I think I was manic when I thought this.
    @The_Prowler I represent Forever Alone.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tomorrow is 26 weeks since I've had sex. I must be giving off some serious PLEASE FUCK ME vibes because I have a few guys asking me out right now, after maybe going on one or two dates a month the last few months.

One of the guys is older than my dad... It's weird but hot.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Our daughter is 3 months and 11 days old now!

She looks a lot like her daddy but I'm sure her mummy's looks - @Right Where it Belongs - will come through more as she gets older.

One of our favourite recent pics of Jolie:

Last edited by Ryan; 11-21-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ^^^^ S'cute

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Eh, never mind. I think I was manic when I thought this.
    @The_Prowler I represent Forever Alone.
    *All the hugs*
    "All of them?", you might ask...

Yes, all of them.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    It must be snowing in hell because I'm FINALLY DIVORCED!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Omg CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Woo hooo!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I join the chorus of congrats, man. Onward and upward!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Congratulations. Here is to the rest of your life.

My divorce date was November 22. Cheers.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I hate the fact that I'm pushing 30 and yet I still act like a painfully awkward and shy ten year old when I try to talk to pretty girls. Oh, sure, I'm a little better at gigs because I'm "in my element" and doing something that makes me comfortable and happy, but I will still eventually say or do something irreparably stupid if I'm allowed to talk to a girl for more than a few short minutes. I'm apparently no better on dating sites...

Being socially awkward sucks

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    I hate the fact that I'm pushing 30 and yet I still act like a painfully awkward and shy ten year old when I try to talk to pretty girls. Oh, sure, I'm a little better at gigs because I'm "in my element" and doing something that makes me comfortable and happy, but I will still eventually say or do something irreparably stupid if I'm allowed to talk to a girl for more than a few short minutes. I'm apparently no better on dating sites...

Being socially awkward sucks
    Don't worry, I'm the same way. Inept with attractive women. I'M INEPT.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I think having female friends over the years has me helped so much in that regard. Hey, women are human too!
    But yes, I too get all tongue-tied when dealing with a hot woman. And I'm pushing 40. I hope it never ends, ha!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I think I've just decided to accept that rejection will happen and be braver.

Y'know, in hypothetical land since I'm in a relationship and not actually taking any real risks. Heh.

There is one chick I will totally maybe ineptly ask out if I'm ever single. Pretty positive I'll get shut down. BUT I'LL TRY.