Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Metallica

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Justice was a great album due to the song writing/guitars on it. It doesn’t sound very good but I’d take that over something like the black album. The kick drums sound cool with a subwoofer if you’re into that sound. Never bothered me personally that you can’t hear the Newsted much, and honestly didn’t really know it was a thing until maybe 10 years ago (Internet, and what not).

It has to be my ears that ive never heard much bass in many metal bands, outside of something obvious like Tool and Iron Maiden or Cliff’s Anesthesia. Even more particularly bands with two guitarists where mids and high are just generally more audible.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Had no idea he relapsed, that sucks. Good luck big guy.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Damn, best of luck to him, that really sucks.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    metallicaxx.com

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    metallicaxx.com
    I am guessing it’s for S&M 2

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    I am guessing it’s for S&M 2
    That's my guess as well. XX would be the roman numeral for 20 and it's been 20 years since the first S&M, so maybe it has something to do with celebrating the anniversary of the first one, as well? Someone on Facebook mentioned the possibility of it being a Black Album deluxe box set in the vein of the Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and ...And Justice for All. The Black background and grey text seem to support this theory (not to mention it's the next album in line in the discography for the deluxe reissue treatment), but I don't know what "XX" has to do with the black album, as that was released in 1991 (28 years ago).

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Remember when Alice In Chains cancelled their tour with Metallica because Layne was on drugs and James made a big joke at Laynes expense and talked shit all the time about what a bunch of losers AIC and specifically Layne were because they have to cancel tours because of drugs.....Oh the irony

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That's my guess as well. XX would be the roman numeral for 20 and it's been 20 years since the first S&M, so maybe it has something to do with celebrating the anniversary of the first one, as well? Someone on Facebook mentioned the possibility of it being a Black Album deluxe box set in the vein of the Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and ...And Justice for All. The Black background and grey text seem to support this theory (not to mention it's the next album in line in the discography for the deluxe reissue treatment), but I don't know what "XX" has to do with the black album, as that was released in 1991 (28 years ago).
    I'm guessing we're going to at least get a home release for S&M 2: audio, video, etc. I'm holding my breath for some sort of deluxe package, but with the original show(s) and the new one(s). Some sort of all-encompassing release with the 4 shows would be excellent.

Cunning Stunts...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Remember when Alice In Chains cancelled their tour with Metallica because Layne was on drugs and James made a big joke at Laynes expense and talked shit all the time about what a bunch of losers AIC and specifically Layne were because they have to cancel tours because of drugs.....Oh the irony

but...weren't Metallica in the audience for their Unplugged? "Friends don't let friends cut their hair" and all that? what's the timeline on these two events?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    https://www.theprp.com/2019/10/07/ne...umors-heat-up/

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It turned out to be festival dates. Either they are really optimistic about James' chances at getting himself in one piece by next year, or they are very bound to the contracts they signed before all this happened.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Man, who would you want to see front the band if they have to perform without him?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Glad I'm not attending any of the US festivals next year. I mean... 1 night of Metallica? Sure, I can dig it. Not the biggest 'tallica fan in the world, but I can sit through 1 headlining night. If I'm going to a multi day festival, I don't want to see the same Headliner twice. That's just me though. Awesome for mega Metallica fans though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Man, who would you want to see front the band if they have to perform without him?
    1 - Corey Taylor
    2 - Matt Tuck (Bullet for My Valentine)
    3 - David Davidson (Revocation)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am not a big Metallica fan at all but these fest would decently be the cheapest and most enjoyable way for me too finally see them. I can not sit in nosebleed due to heights and those were like the price of a festival ticket that lets.me see them twice. I am really considering trying out Louder than Life (I believe you can camp and that make the trip cheaper too). I've been to ROTR twice in the past and it was a blast but think I might be going to Vegas for Aerosmith in May, then I started thinking how cool it would be for one of the fest to get Aerosmith and NIN to go with Metallica and make a Woodstock 94 throwback,lol.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 10-10-2019 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Jason!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    not how I would have phrased that link title but OK.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    So, what's the deal with the hi-res releases added to various platforms last week? Are these the same as what's been available from the official store?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    but...weren't Metallica in the audience for their Unplugged? "Friends don't let friends cut their hair" and all that? what's the timeline on these two events?
    AIC Unplugged came out in 96, so maybe either late 95-early 96

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Look at these CHILDREN!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Just a small nitpick, I know I can't be the only one: if I spend $130 on a Deluxe Edition, I don't want a fucking mp3 download. I'll pirate your shit off of TIDAL after I rip the compact discs.

An mp3 download card is the "whoops, forgot it's my son's birthday! I'll stop at Dollar Tree and pick him up something..." of music downloads.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It would be pretty awesome for them to release S&M on blu-ray at the same time just so you can have both.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Seriously, how is Orion NOT on one of the S&Ms. Song seems like it would be perfect for what they’re trying to accomplish there.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's out there. Thy kingdom come

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Thoughts on S&M 2? Came in the mail today but I haven't listened yet.