Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Metallica

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I listened to about half of it today. They did some interesting enhancements on the orchestrations of the songs from the first one. My brother bought the Blu-ray and I may have to borrow it to watch the whole thing.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Really dug the Iron Foundry cover a lot. Kinda wish they'd done more of that. The setlist is a bit too similar to S&M1, but it's still good. I think I prefer S&M1 just because it has Bleeding Me AND Outlaw Torn both instead of just Outlaw Torn on S&M2.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Watching the S&M blu-ray right now, pretty much what I expected--looks and sounds good. But boy, do Metallica look old. But I guess everyone grows old, or dies getting there.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    For anyone super into this band, Liquid Metal/Octane DJ host Jose Mangin did an interview with the band this week and it was streamed last night on Sirius XM stations.

I'm sure it'll hit Youtube sometime this week.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    For anyone super into this band, Liquid Metal/Octane DJ host Jose Mangin did an interview with the band this week and it was streamed last night on Sirius XM stations.

I'm sure it'll hit Youtube sometime this week.
    Here's the streaming schedule for the rest of the weekend:

· Sat 8/29 - 10am ET, 3pm ET and 9pm ET
    · Sun 8/30 - 12pm ET, 6pm ET and 10pm ET

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Should be interesting. I wonder if they'll keep the original vocal track or if James re-recorded them to fit the new arrangement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Miley Cyrus is working on a Metallica cover album.
    https://metalinjection.net/metal-in-...a-covers-album

If certain NIN fans freaked out over Miley doing "Head Like A Hole" with new lyrics for a Black Mirror episode, apparently not giving a shit about the context, then I pray for her safety because Metallica fans are probably going to freak out even harder simply for recording a Metallica cover album.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I don't follow Metallica that much anymore but did their fans freak out when they played with Lady Gaga? I get the feeling the DIEHARD Metallica fan (the same fans who booed Faith No More off the stage and booed Deftones off the stage because they weren't metal enough) and worship at the altar of all things metal at this point gave up on that band and aren't surprised by anything. The casual Metallica fan who thinks 'Enter Sandman' is great and the Black album is their first album probably would be into this

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Miley has an amazing voice, so does Gaga. I don't think Miley will disappoint.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Miley has an amazing voice, so does Gaga. I don't think Miley will disappoint.

Then listen to her cover of The Cure's 'Boy's Don't Cry' which is a disaster. She will disappoint. She will disappoint HARD

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’m getting older, possibly wiser (but most likely dumber!) and really don’t judge people as improperly as I may have in the past. Go ahead and like pop acts like Miley or Backstreet Boys or Nickelback or whoever for what they are. To say Miley has an amazing voice though?...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I don't follow Metallica that much anymore but did their fans freak out when they played with Lady Gaga? I get the feeling the DIEHARD Metallica fan (the same fans who booed Faith No More off the stage and booed Deftones off the stage because they weren't metal enough) and worship at the altar of all things metal at this point gave up on that band and aren't surprised by anything.
    I'm likely not very qualified to say this, but I didn't notice much mass outrage at it. It wasn't announced until not that long before the show, and it didn't get a whole lot of press after. Many of the "die-hard" Metallica fans felt they sold out long ago after, so something like this doesn't register as hard as them working with Bob Rock, or cutting their hair did.

I think more people were upset when that gal from Orange Is The New Black introduced them as just Lady Gaga. Some of the reaction to it online was a bit funny, mostly her fans thinking Metallica has made some sort of comeback.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    Miley Cyrus is working on a Metallica cover album.
    https://metalinjection.net/metal-in-...a-covers-album

If certain NIN fans freaked out over Miley doing "Head Like A Hole" with new lyrics for a Black Mirror episode, apparently not giving a shit about the context, then I pray for her safety because Metallica fans are probably going to freak out even harder simply for recording a Metallica cover album.
    I'm going to give this a pass, but I'm not upset about it or anything.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Then listen to her cover of The Cure's 'Boy's Don't Cry' which is a disaster. She will disappoint. She will disappoint HARD
    Can't be that bad compared to the original. Yeah, I said it.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I didn't think her cover was that bad.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle is having an online benefit honoring Alice in Chains and Metallica will be performing:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Gibson did another episode of their icon series with kirk, this is really good and he seems like such a genuine dude as opposed to james and lars
    This Icon thing has been nothing short of great so far, cantrell's and iommi's were also great to watch.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Metallica Plot 30th-Anniversary ‘Black Album’ Reissue With Massive Box Set, Covers Compilation

Metallica will mark the 30th anniversary of their 1991 self-titled classic — best known as The Black Album — with a special reissue and a compilation featuring 53 artists covering their favorite songs from the LP. Both will be released on September 10th.

The official reissue will be released in several formats, including a deluxe box set that contains a whopping 14 CDs, six vinyl LPs, six DVDs, and more (digital versions and smaller sets will also be available). To tease the reissue, Metallica shared three different versions of “Enter Sandman” — a remaster of the studio original, a live version from Metallica’s 1991 show in Moscow, Russia, and a demo version dated July 12th, 1990.
    As for The Metallica Blacklist, the collection features contributions from artists from every genre imaginable. Among them are Alessia Cara, Mac DeMarco, Weezer, Rina Sawayama, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, St. Vincent, Royal Blood, White Reaper, Corey Taylor, Mexican Institute of Sound, Flatbush Zombies, José Madero, Moses Sumney, J Balvin, the Neptunes, Phoebe Bridgers, Mickey Guyton, Darius Rucker, Chris Stapleton, Idles, and Kamasi Washington.

Last edited by allegate; 06-22-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Regarding the Metallica Blacklist covers album, there are really only a handful of artists on there that I'm interested in hearing a cover from, and even those are boring song choices. I mean, do we really need TWELVE different covers of Nothing Else Matters? Or seven versions of The Unforgiven and Sad But True? Having said that, I'm interested in seeing what Ghost does with their cover (sounded unexpectedly quiet/reserved from the preview), but I must admit, I find the idea of covering Enter Sandman to be a little obvious & uninspired.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was intrigued to hear dave gahan's take on a metallica song until i realized it was nothing else matters.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, kind of disappointing that half of the covers seem to be Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atu View Post
    Yeah, kind of disappointing that half of the covers seem to be Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman.

I noticed there was only one of "Of Wolf and Man". Apparently, most people don't like that song as much as I do.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Pretty cool that the band reached out to Jason and he agreed to do this.

He's my favorite Metallica bass player (mostly because he was the one I grew up with, first time I saw them it was with him, he actually filled in for James in vocal duties on that night, it was the Summer Sanitarium Tour 2000, if I remember correctly James suffered burns from on-stage pyro, but they didn't want to cancel so Jason sang on some of the songs -along with John from Korn, Kid Rock, and I think Serj Tankian also sang...if I remember correctly Jason absolutely slayed SCREAMING in Master of Puppets, much better than James).

Checking Setlist.Fm after typing this, it was Seek & Destroy the one Jason crushed (and James was injured due to a jet-skiing incident): https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metal...-63d6e21f.html
    Well, I checked Setlist.Fm again, and they DID play Master of Puppets on that night, but it was a medley with Sanitarium, listed on the set as 'Mastertarium', that's why it didn't jump at me at first.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 08-19-2021 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just want the Ghost cover, I don't even care if it's their most overrated song ever they chose.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I just want the Ghost cover, I don't even care if it's their most overrated song ever they chose.
    I am very curious to hear if it's much different than the live version they performed with Candlemass. I just hope it's distinct from the original and they put their spin on it because as much as I love Weezer (I might be in the minority on that here), their cover is a little TOO faithful to the point it's pretty much a carbon copy with Rivers singing. At least the slower & quieter version Ghost played with Candlemass (which I'm assuming this will be a studio version of) was different enough from the original to be an interesting new take on it. So far, the highlights for me are the Royal Blood and St. Vincent covers of Sad But True.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I am very curious to hear if it's much different than the live version they performed with Candlemass. I just hope it's distinct from the original and they put their spin on it because as much as I love Weezer (I might be in the minority on that here), their cover is a little TOO faithful to the point it's pretty much a carbon copy with Rivers singing. At least the slower & quieter version Ghost played with Candlemass (which I'm assuming this will be a studio version of) was different enough from the original to be an interesting new take on it. So far, the highlights for me are the Royal Blood and St. Vincent covers of Sad But True.
    I would expect it to be. Copia only sang, he had nothing to do with musical input and no Nameless Ghouls performed either.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I would expect it to be. Copia only sang, he had nothing to do with musical input and no Nameless Ghouls performed either.
    That's right, I forgot it was just Copia/Forge and no other Ghouls were present. I haven't watched it since the year it happened. Based on the short preview clip I heard, it does sound like it's the same arrangement, though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Metallica (Remastered Deluxe Boxset)
    193 TRACKS · 938 MINUTES
    * contains tracks in various sample rates
    ALSO AVAILABLE IN

192kHz · 24bit 🄴 $327.48
    96kHz · 24bit 🄴 $245.48
    44.1kHz · 16bit 🄴 $212.98
    Even with the 20% off coupon (which I'm not going to test to see if it even works) those prices are way too much for a digital box set.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Thoughts on the sound of the Black Album remaster?