Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Indecision 2012

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It must be nice when you have the moderator on your side.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    The unsporting losing team always blames the refs.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    It must be nice to live in your own world with your own facts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who had more time talking? Who was stopped short more?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Who still attempted to bully the moderator at pretty much every turn? Again?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Who had more time talking? Who was stopped short more?
    Consider cutoffs good for Romney - the longer he talked, the bigger the hole he dug himself.

That said - the president got four more minutes. If they split that evenly and each candidate got two minutes, Romney would have won the debate, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Getting married, stopping AK47 deaths since 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    It must be nice to live in your own world with your own facts.
    I wouldn't know, ask your boy Obama.

The moderator was clearly biased leading into the debate, I'm certainly okay with him going after her.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Oh god, just lose like a man for once.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Considering how far on the right she is, I thought she did well. Much better than I was expecting.

"Have you looked at your pension?"
    "It's not as much as yours"

That part killed me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Consider cutoffs good for Romney - the longer he talked, the bigger the hole he dug himself.
    If pointing out what an unabashed phenomenal failure Obama has been in the last four years in every feasible way is digging a hole then ya he dug one hell of a hole.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    As Mitt secretly thought to himself: 'Pen...sion?....what's a...pension?'

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    If pointing out what an unabashed phenomenal failure Obama has been in the last four years in every feasible way is digging a hole then ya he dug one hell of a hole.
    I'm looking at my mutual funds... and I'm loving the direction Obama's taking things.

So is it because Obama got to talk more, or is it the moderator? It wasn't Mitt Romney failing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Oh god, just lose like a man for once.
    Outside of an ABC poll that I couldn't give a shit less about, I don't believe Romney lost.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What will this debate do to the polls, and did it reach as many people (67 million) as the first one?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Outside of an ABC poll that I couldn't give a shit less about, I don't believe Romney lost.
    So you should be happy with the debate outcome, right?

Also: Thank you Barack Obama for saying over and over again, "That is not true, Governor."

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Horseshit. It's a sure sign of an opposition win when one side is whining about the moderator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm looking at my mutual funds... and I'm loving the direction Obama's taking things.

So is it because Obama got to talk more, or is it the moderator? It wasn't Mitt Romney failing?
    Ya, excessive deficits and taxing the rich is the right direction....

The moderator more aggressively went to shut down Romney then Obama, her agenda and aid to Obama was outright.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Horseshit. It's a sure sign of an opposition win when one side is whining about the moderator.
    Truth. I fucking hated Jim Lehrer after that first debate, hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Biden acted like an asshole and clearly lost to Ryan and I think the moderator in that one was fucking abysmal too, your point is invalid.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

All of the above? She didn't let Mittens push her around like he did to Lehrer. I was amazed that she actually called him out on lying/misinformation on Obama's speech after the embassy attack. Romney made an ass of himself. He comes up with numerous claims of how Obama's a failure, but can never come up with a logical solution. He's a business man. Good for him. He's a fucking idiot with foreign policy. He's already got other countries hating him. Do we really need HIM as our figurehead?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    All of the above? She didn't let Mittens push her around like he did to Lehrer.
    Can you imagine what kind of assholes you have to deal with to make your way into a respectable position in television news as a woman? Particularly when all the 'successful' women in your field are pretty/vacant. You don't get there by being a pushover.

As I remember the 2008 campaign, I actually had negative reactions specifically to Candy Crowley's treatment of Obama as a candidate at the time.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    My favorite Crowley moment was, "Sit down, Governor Romney."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    All of the above? She didn't let Mittens push her around like he did to Lehrer. I was amazed that she actually called him out on lying/misinformation on Obama's speech after the embassy attack. Romney made an ass of himself. He comes up with numerous claims of how Obama's a failure, but can never come up with a logical solution. He's a business man. Good for him. He's a fucking idiot with foreign policy. He's already got other countries hating him. Do we really need HIM as our figurehead?
    Ya except Romney was right, Obama did say "act of terror" but not in regard to the actual incident, and if he had believed it was terrorism then why would he send his surrogates out to say it wasn't for two weeks?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Can you imagine what kind of assholes you have to deal with to make your way into a respectable position in television news as a woman? Particularly when all the 'successful' women in your field are pretty/vacant. You don't get there by being a pushover.

As I remember the 2004 campaign, I actually had negative reactions specifically to Candy Crowley's treatment of Obama as a candidate at the time.
    I thought she was going to side with Romney, to be completely honest. It's no secret how far on the right wing she is. But she came through as the unbiased moderator. Mad props to her. But good for her not taking any real nonsense. Some rules were obviously broken (apparently, the candidates aren't supposed to talk to one another), but she let it slide.

edit:

Ya except Romney was right, Obama did say "act of terror" but not in regard to the actual incident, and if he had believed it was terrorism then why would he send his surrogates out to say it wasn't for two weeks?
    What else would he have meant by "act of terror"? Hint. He said TERROR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Context. Again, his surrogates said otherwise for two weeks.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Basically, you're going with his wording of it? He said "act of terror" just to say it? Because if I were to hear anyone say "act of terror", i'd automatically assume they're talking about terrorism. Just because someone wants to jumble through his transcripts, or skim from the top, he still addressed it the next day, no matter how he worded it. Wasn't aware anyone really needed to spell out "act of terror".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll bet "terror" has been in every presidential speech for the last 10 years.

He didn't say it was a terrorist attack and he didn't say it wasn't.
    He could mean a terrifying act or a terrorist act.

Either way, both of them are full of shit.

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Obama gave a speech in the rose garden about Benghazi where he opened by denouncing an act of terror. Because he didn't specifically say "the Benghazi killings were an act of terror", the right wants to say he didn't say it. I can't even believe how ridiculous this talking point is. To me, it says you have nothing but faux outrage.