Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1247

Thread: Indecision 2012

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Posted this on Facebook, but wanted to share it here too:

Is it possible to overdose on schadenfreude? Mitt Romney bragging that he didn't write a concession speech. "Mainstream media" were convinced the election was a tight race and consistently badmouthed Nate Silver, with conservative websites with laughable names like 'UnskewedPolls' pegging with Obama losing with 48% of the vote. Karl Rove literally melting down on air, challenging the stats guys at Fox over calling Ohio - signalling that the >$1 billion of other people's money he spent got him bupkis. Mitt Romney's victory website going live after losing the election, and then Boston Globe posts his permits for an eight-minute fireworks show in Boston Harbor - which he canceled, even though Boston voted for the winning candidate. Obstructionist turtle-douche Mitch McConnell's lone goal of making Obama a one term president ended with Democrats gaining seats in the House and the Senate, and marriage equality passed in all four states where it was on the ticket. Conservative faces Victoria Jackson and Donald Trump suffered very public breakdowns, Ann Coulter tells Laura Ingraham "It's over, there is no hope"

The last election I voted in where an incumbent won, he declared that his thin margin won him a mandate and gave him political capital to spend (because lord knows GWB loves to spend) and just like he did with our national budget, he not only spent that capital, he dragged the Republican party into political debt. This president, upon winning just over 50% of the vote, reached out to the other candidate during his acceptance speech.

I don't get to watch Rachel Maddow as often as I'd like, but it seems like on the rare occasion that I do, . She probably says it better than I can though. Anyway, this goes out to the stubborn conservative childhood and high school friends I had on Facebook who blocked me when they didn't want to hear reality. I know you can't read this, and I know you'll never watch this clip anywhere, but if I could beam it through the bubble and into your heads, I would hope you'd break off your relationship with conspiracy, and move out of that land where opinion and fantasy are substitutions for quantitative facts. The latter bit of it goes out to my friends with whom I disagree on political topics, but who stick it out through our written fisticuffs, because we're all trying to make the country better.

I'm glad the election's over, and it feels good after so long to finally see some evidence that the majority of the country is moving in the same direction I am.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I'm glad the election's over, and it feels good after so long to finally see some evidence that the majority of the country is moving in the same direction I am.
    I felt this way also, when Clinton won and when he was re-elected. I think my main feeling now is just a huge sense of relief. I trust the guy piloting the plane and that he's going to keep us in the air.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    "Mainstream media" were convinced the election was a tight race
    In retrospect I am a little angry about this. From my perspective, the narrative was a consistent "Obama will get a second term." Then, right after that first debate the media decided Obama had lost it, and suddenly, from out of nowhere, the race was neck and neck. When it never was. The media got us all worried that Romney would win, and why? Just to spin a more exciting narrative? I don't want exciting narratives from the news, I want evaluations as objective as possible. I think a major loser of this election is mainstream media - across the board.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    "Dewey Defeats Truman"

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I cried too....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post

I cried too....
    Guess not even the Secret Service can stop those damn onion-cutting ninjas.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

I cried too....
    Me, too!

My mom, always a mom, said "he's really tired."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    All I gotta say to that guy is "good luck with that".

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

White people mourning Romney Tumblr

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^The people who say they want to leave America - what country were they planning on emigrating to?? They are being ludicrous

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    This was already mentioned in the election thread so let's keep it in that discussion.

Will a mod near a computer please merge this with the other thread?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    One of the things that angers me the most about the right in this country, is their refusal to realize what a big deal it is that Obama lived the "American Dream" personally. He is basically the poster boy (his blackness obviously keeps people from recognizing that.)

He was a normal guy, from a one parent family. He worked hard in school on his own merit. Became a field organizer, a professor and a politician. He isn't from a political family. He wasn't close with any famous people.

Because he started out doing ground work and community organizing, he is the master campaigner that he is today. He doesn't have to try and relate to normal people. He was a normal person.....The Republicans were so caught off guard with their organization and methods it makes me laugh hysterically. Both times Obama ran for president, it was a landslide electoral victory. Time for the Republicans to wake the fuck up.

http://news.yahoo.com/mitt-romneys-d...-election.html

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ^^The people who say they want to leave America - what country were they planning on emigrating to?? They are being ludicrous
    They keep saying they're gonna move to Canada.
    a) Have they ever even HEARD of Canada?! If something like welfare or socialized medicine makes them want to leave the country, they'd think they ended up in 1950's Stalinist Russia up here!
    b) Please don't!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    One of the things that angers me the most about the right in this country, is their refusal to realize what a big deal it is that Obama lived the "American Dream" personally. He is basically the poster boy (his blackness obviously keeps people from recognizing that.)

He was a normal guy, from a one parent family. He worked hard in school on his own merit. Became a field organizer, a professor and a politician. He isn't from a political family. He wasn't close with any famous people.

Because he started out doing ground work and community organizing, he is the master campaigner that he is today. He doesn't have to try and relate to normal people. He was a normal person.....The Republicans were so caught off guard with their organization and methods it makes me laugh hysterically. Both times Obama ran for president, it was a landslide electoral victory. Time for the Republicans to wake the fuck up.

http://news.yahoo.com/mitt-romneys-d...-election.html
    It's because he's a Democrat. If he was a Republican, they would be ecstatic. Most people here equate Republican = Christian, so they'll vote that way no matter what. The other people vote only based on taxes, so that has to be a Republican too. Those two reasons are the only reasons that people vote Republican anymore most of the time.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Is it possible to overdose on schadenfreude?
    NEVER. I spent the last couple of months holding my tongue on facebook with all the Obama haters and Repubs posting crap. I told myself I was going to take the high road and not respond. Last cycle I couldn't help myself with Palin - like shooting fish in a barrel.
    then Boston Globe posts his permits for an eight-minute fireworks show in Boston Harbor - which he canceled, even though Boston voted for the winning candidate. .
    just to be clear, Romney didn't win the city of Boston when he ran for governor in 2002. That's was just the suburbs where all the 1-5 %ers live.

And before you commie liberals start jizzing all over yourself*:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...h_the_gop.html

*I can say this- I come from a libbbbbbbbbbbbbbbberral family who's grandma said that Nancy Reagen was a she-devil and who's Mom, when pointing out that the tea party wasn't around much for this election cycle, called them "stupid".

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Want to amuse yourselves? Go to Mitt's Facebook, and hit refresh every 10 seconds or so. Pay attention to the number of people who like him.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    In this century, isn't it common knowledge that threatening the president, in any way shape or form, is going to get you a knock on the door by the secret service? I think I learned that in 2nd grade, along with defacing or tearing a dollar bill is a federal offense.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Want to amuse yourselves? Go to Mitt's Facebook, and hit refresh every 10 seconds or so. Pay attention to the number of people who like him.
    Oh my, this really works! Sooo much fun!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    http://disappearingromney.com/

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I want something similar for Glenn Beck and Ann Coulter, only instead of a tracker following how many people like them they just disappear.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I cried too....
    Seriously? you guys are buying this crap?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Um ... yeah? The guy was obviously exhausted plus he's a middle-aged Dad. Trust me, middle-aged Dads cry about nearly EVERYTHING. Later, as they age more, they'll cry all god damned day.

Last edited by allegro; 11-12-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    Seriously? you guys are buying this crap?
    Just because you might be heartless, doesn't mean he is.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Just because you might be heartless, doesn't mean he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Um ... yeah? The guy was obviously exhausted plus he's a middle-aged Dad. Trust me, middle-aged Dads cry about nearly EVERYTHING. Later, as they age more, they'll cry all god damned day.
    Remember this?

but maybe Putin was just exhausted after he dominated his re-election campaign too.