Thread: NIN Confessions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i’m not being (a) contrarian. honest. when ntae came out i was going through an ugly divorce of sorts and now i can’t listen to it at all. maybe i’m avoiding it because i don’t want it to latch onto this general malaise. i really don’t know. as i said, my reluctance to hear it puzzles me, but for whatever reason i am. we all handle things differently, dude.

edit: @BRoswell my condolences. and i’m glad you’re still here.
    I can actually relate even though it's hard to put my finger on it, aside from music having such an impact on one's thoughts and emotions. I never ruled that out. However, I will admit that I'm quite the opposite, as I've always ran to NIN when I experienced all sorts of horrible emotions and thoughts. But overall, I can absolutely respect and accept that, as I also have my differing traits and ways of dealing with things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Just let people enjoy/listen to music how they want to listen to it.
    The older I get, the more I realize that we're all just better off doing this. I can only speak for myself, but it's even an ego thing sometimes. (Only to be reminded that I sometimes have no room to talk, and that I'm no better, nor is it even always about things being better or worse, but just different.) But yes, absolutely, to each they're own.

However, I still see how this would stick out on a NIN forum or any other forum where the main interest is avoided in that kind of way, but at least this thread is still the place for it.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-28-2018 at 11:44 PM.