Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2273

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Just saw Renfield, really fun movie.
    Saving this for October.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

The original cast! I'm so in. Also: I want to support Patrick Wilson in his directorial debut. I love that man.

The hill I'm willing to die on: Insidious > The Conjuring.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Hopefully it's better than the second one (I haven't seen the other sequels). I loathed that film.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Hopefully it's better than the second one (I haven't seen the other sequels). I loathed that film.
    You didn't like the SECOND one?

Yeah. Don't watch the other ones.

It..hmmm. They get worse. And I LOVED the first two.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    You didn't like the SECOND one?

Yeah. Don't watch the other ones.

It..hmmm. They get worse. And I LOVED the first two.
    I adore the first two. The sequel elevated the story and it was very deep and well done in my opinion. I don't get the hate for it.

As for the sequels after, WOOF. This looks very good, but hopefully it ties things up nicely. There are some legit CREEPY ASS moments in the first two installments.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen or recommend any of these movies in this box set?
    If I enjoyed Ghoulies and Re-animator, would the movies in the box set be up my alley?
    https://grindhousevideo.com/products...dition-blu-ray
    I kinda want to blind buy the box set but, I've never seen any of the films and I might end up regretting my purchase.
    I admit the art for the box set is triggering my nostalgia for visiting video stores in my youth and would love to have it on my shelf.
    Also, supposedly there will eventually be a 4k release of Re-Animator, Ghoulies 1 + 2 sometime near the end of the year, which I really want to add to my collection.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Has anyone seen or recommend any of these movies in this box set?
    If I enjoyed Ghoulies and Re-animator, would the movies in the box set be up my alley?
    https://grindhousevideo.com/products...dition-blu-ray
    I kinda want to blind buy the box set but, I've never seen any of the films and I might end up regretting my purchase.
    I admit the art for the box set is triggering my nostalgia for visiting video stores in my youth and would love to have it on my shelf.
    Also, supposedly there will eventually be a 4k release of Re-Animator, Ghoulies 1 + 2 sometime near the end of the year, which I really want to add to my collection.
    I have 8 or 9 Arrow Video box sets, 3 of them "blind buys", and I don't regret any of them.

I'd say half of those films will be up your alley, the genres run the gamut though. It looks like something I myself would be interested in picking up, when it hits 50 percent off (not a dig, that's how I do boutique label box sets).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Saw boogieman last night and it was surprisingly actually good. Lots of jump scares if you’re into that type of movie

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Well this looks terrible...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Ellen Burstyn is a living legend and I will watch her in anything. Even this. My money is on the frail, old lady to kick the Devil's ass.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wild that David Gordon Green gets allowed to touch important horror cinema properties again after his Halloween trilogy. He should stick to stoner comedies or at the very least dramas.
    Last edited by Something Underneath; 07-26-2023 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I feel like this premise could work on its own (with some small changes). Attaching it to the greatest horror movie of all time is where it loses everyone.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    As a friend of the late William Peter Blatty (and his wife), I can definitely say this is crap. Just like Exorcist: The Beginning was in 2004.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Greatest current running soap opera in horror genre. The timeline of this series is hilarious.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Just saw Renfield, really fun movie.
    Just finished it, what a fun movie. Loved the nods to old Dracula movies - for example, the light band across his face - and how everyone fit their roles. Well, mostly. I haven't liked Ben Schwartz in anything and this was only marginally better than his usual stuff. I dunno, I hate bullies who hide behind power and that is like his entire thing apparently. Also casting an Iranian actress to play Italian was a choice.

Watched the trailer for this movie that came out on Hulu today. I don't want to give away the premise so don't watch that if you're even remotely interested in the film.

Spoilers though...

Spoiler: it's like someone distilled the two creepy alien scenes from Signs into a horror film. It's PG-13, sure, but damn if my hair wasn't up in more than a few places.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Miramax is shopping the rights to the 'Halloween' franchise around; reports are that a bidding war is currently happening.

As this is my all-time favorite horror series, I'm equally pumped and terrified.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Honestly, I just want a simple and straightforward Halloween film at this point. The recent trilogy of films was such a mess.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    We don't need anymore. I think 13 films with two reboots (2007 and 2018) and two direct sequels (H20 and 2018) is more than enough. I even say this as a fan.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    FWIW latest rumbling is that Malek's #1 wish is for a 6 episode series set in the same universe as Halloween III: Season of The Witch, and that Paramount has made the highest offer / seems to be the most interested.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    When you say 'set in the same universe' do you mean the original idea of horror anthologies that change every iteration or do you mean literally in that world?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    FWIW latest rumbling is that Malek's #1 wish is for a 6 episode series set in the same universe as Halloween III: Season of The Witch, and that Paramount has made the highest offer / seems to be the most interested.
    Honestly, I would love to see something like that, but I don't see that happening.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It was cool to find out that David Gordon Green stated that they had an end scene that would reference SOTW, with showing the Shamrock factory spitting out the iconic masks from the movie, followed by Michael Myers masks being made in bulk. It was in every draft for the script, but they never filmed it. So you throw the font in the beginning of "Ends", but adding that end scene he thought was too much fan service? That would have been awesome to see.

I'll never say never, when it comes to reboots these days... But it seems a tad too niche to do a series of SOTW nowadays... Who knows?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Watched No One Will Save You last night and I would definitely recommend it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Honestly, I would love to see something like that, but I don't see that happening.
    Never say never. Apparently that's where it's headed... with A24 now being the frontrunner. It would make sense, as they're already developing a F13 series called 'Crystal Lake'.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally getting around to watching my annual Halloween marathon. I usually watch the theatrical, then the tv alternates. Headphones, and some snacks to top the night off! So happy spooky season is finally here.

Some mentions I will be tackling this week:

Smile
    Talk To Me
    Evil Dead Rise

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Smile's got some unnerving, nightmarish imagery, but I felt generally let down.

I'm finishing reading Hell House by Richard Matheson, and so I'll watch The Legend of Hell House after. I've seen a bunch of scenes from it, but never the whole thing from start to finish.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    For those interested -