Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
Comedies are funnier if the audience is laughing, and horror movies are scarier if the audience is scared.
How so exactly? I think I completely disagree. But maybe this is a thing extroverted people experience? Idk?

But to be fair to @Self.Destructive.Pattern I actually think your story might prove his point. If, for example, I was told before going to see a movie that there was a homeless drunk that would be sitting in there snickering with one of the locals about all of the screaming girls who are surprised that a horror film included...horror, and cheering at other's reactions, then I would try and go to another showtime, personally.

When I see a film in a packed house, I'm just reminded of how stupid your average moviegoer can be. There is nothing better than buying a movie ticket and 10 minutes into a film realizing there is no one else coming and you've got the place to yourself.

Oh, and let's not even mention all the slushing of drinks, rattling through popcorn bags and candy rappers, and smacking of food that occurs by most of the mouth breathing public during a sold out show.

Martin Scorsese, Christopher Nolan, and Quentin Tarantino be dammed. Watching a great film in the quiet of your own home is the superior experience in the 21st century and quite frankly, it's not even close. And it's only going to get better as quality TV prices fall and everyone essentially has a home theatre.