Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78
Results 2,311 to 2,317 of 2317

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Prince of Darkness is neck and neck with In the Mouth of Madness for most underrated John Carpenter film in my book. His writing for Prince of Darkness is billed to "Martin Quatermass" in reference to the Bernard Quatermass of Nigel Kneale's works and the influence of that excellent material (in particular Quatermass and The Pit) is evident in the film - metaphysical horror with a compelling conceit that blends scientific and religious concepts. In fact he also references Quatermass in In the Mouth of Madness, naming Sutter Cane's equivalent of Derry, Maine "Hobbs End" after the station in the Quatermass and the Pit film (Hobbs Lane in the serial).

The dream sequences in Prince of Darkness are terrific but I have to give a special shout out to the "pray for death" scene. I'm always reminded of the weird distorted vocals there when I listen to Ahead of Ourselves.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Prince of Darkness is neck and neck with In the Mouth of Madness for most underrated John Carpenter film in my book. His writing for Prince of Darkness is billed to "Martin Quatermass" in reference to the Bernard Quatermass of Nigel Kneale's works and the influence of that excellent material (in particular Quatermass and The Pit) is evident in the film - metaphysical horror with a compelling conceit that blends scientific and religious concepts. In fact he also references Quatermass in In the Mouth of Madness, naming Sutter Cane's equivalent of Derry, Maine "Hobbs End" after the station in the Quatermass and the Pit film (Hobbs Lane in the serial).

The dream sequences in Prince of Darkness are terrific but I have to give a special shout out to the "pray for death" scene. I'm always reminded of the weird distorted vocals there when I listen to Ahead of Ourselves.

oh hell yeah, that scene totally creeped me out and has stayed with me as well!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    i need to buy my tickets like right now for this

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Someone mentioned John Carpenter while I was lurking... I'm gonna keep my post short for the sake of everyone.
    The Apocalypse trilogy is hands down one of my favorite horror films. All three movies are close to perfection.
    The Thing is my number one favorite film of all time that I rewatch at least twice a year, and every time I watch it I notice a new detail I haven't seen before.
    In the Mouth of Madness' atmosphere is perfect. I love the set design and cinematography, especially when John Trent arrives at Hobb's End and when Sutter Cane releases John Trent back into the real world right before the short chase sequence.
    Prince of Darkness is amazing, and the recording that plays at the end still freaks me out to this day.
    The Fog is another atmospheric masterpiece that I should rewatch again soon.
    This reminds me, I gotta get a copy of Dark Star.
    Assault on Precinct 13 (the original) is a great movie that builds up tension and goes ape shit at the end with a great payoff.
    They Live... I'll stop here and just say I love a majority of JC's movies, and he is one of my favorite directors.

Anyways, it's that time of the year for me to start watching a horror movie a day when I can and catch up on the weekend when I can't. I think I'll start with rewatching Mandy tonight.

Also, I don't think anyone had posted it yet, but they are releasing Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) in 4k on the 15th this month. I already got my preorder in, and I can't wait to watch it again. Hopefully they won't fuck up the audio again like they did with the past releases by omitting or lowering sound effects in the mix.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    can't wait for Nosferatu

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The History of Metal and Horror-Deluxe Edition with Soundtrack & 20hrs | Enjoy The Ride Records

The History of Metal and Horror is the documentary that explores the history of heavy metal music and horror, and how the two genres ultimately crossed paths.

Various metal artists share their first introduction to horror, their favorite horror films, their influences, and more.

Horror film icons also discuss how their films have influenced the horror genre, their connections to metal artists, and why metal and horror work well together.

Interviews with GWAR, Michael Berryman, Kirk Hammett, Kane Hodder, Doug Bradley, John Carpenter, Rob Zombie, Corey Taylor, Bill Moseley, Philip Anselmo, Alice Cooper, Tom Savini, Mike Schiff among others