Thread: The Criterion Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I had no idea what Filmstruck was until I saw this post. I looked it up and DAMN I would have loved to subcribe to this service, easily. total total bummer it's shutting down...
    we don't want to expose the masses to anything that reeks of intelligence....

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    we don't want to expose the masses to anything that reeks of intelligence....
    right?

by the sounds of it, there will be pieces and elements of the service in the upcomming streaming service by I guess Warner is it? either way, if THAT even happens, I expect it to be totally watered down. that really sucks.

I even tried to sign up for Filmstruck for one month, but they're not accepting new customers. bummer.

I was big into films for a long time (was a media arts major as an undergrad) but I've just been so consumed the past few years that my passion has died down. stumble upon this thread, and I've been binging all day.

I had a few Criterion DVDs years ago, wish I still had them. sadly, I don't even remember which ones I had, but I think I had Breathless and the Seventh Seal.