Thread: The Playstation Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I heard somewhere that they said eventually the PS4 will be able to stream PS3 games, not sure if there's any truth to that. But I agree, new consoles should always be backwards compatible with the previous generation. Apparently Sony/Microsoft do not agree.
    Yeah, the backwards campatiblity with streaming games is great and all, but that's just going to make me pay for my current PS3 games again just to have them in digital form. In a perfect world, they'd set up a system where you could at least prove that you own Game X, and in turn get a free digital copy of that game. :P Not that many of the games I own would be too expensive anymore, but that's probably gonna end up being another $100 I'll have to spend if I decide to go digital with the games I already bought.

But it's whatever! I'm not worried about it. I'm still on the fence until I hear more, so I'll just wait and see what else we hear about it. My PS3 will be a part of my collection for a long time before I retire it, whether I get a PS4 or not.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Iran_Ed View Post
    Games bought through the PSN are also not backwards compatible. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ransfer-to-PS4 And Sony's stock has dropped. This is turning into a clusterfuck. I completely understand the need to make the PS4 easier to develop for. If you've played the PS3 version of The Orange Box trust me you know, but after I spent $300 on this technology you're just going to abandon it cold turkey?
    V For fuck's sake. Do they want people's money or not? "It would overstretch the abilites of the PS4's processor." My ass. They know they can make it happen, but then they wouldn't make any money off people re-buying old games.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-21-2013 at 12:26 PM.