Page 43 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Pretty sure it was CHP, but Oakland PD is equally fucked. These are the police I deal with!

I really hope they captured the looting instigation on video as they say happened. I'm really curious if they were on duty or doing stupid rogue shit that cops love.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 12-11-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    damn..

what a fucking dipshit. First, he is pointing that directly at a CAMERA. What the fuck? Second, look at him hold the gun sideways like he is a thug. Has that dipshit trained at all recently? Fuck... Third, note the ASP (extendable baton) in his left hand. That's another "cop only" item in CA. I can't wait for someone to ID this guy.

Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    That's another "cop only" item in CA. I can't wait for someone to ID this guy.
    In due time.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Exactly why I am surprised they haven't been ID'd already. People are damn good at it. I feel bad for Shavies, the cop from Oakland, who sounds like he was legitimately trying to be part of the protest, vs the assholes that are there to instigate (or even just arrest people).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    damn..

Who seriously holds a gun like that...

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    You know... I could actually see myself doing a 180 on this one depending on what the video shows. So far, there is no proof that the cops were provoking looting and the picture doesn't explain what was happening behind.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    You know... I could actually see myself doing a 180 on this one depending on what the video shows. So far, there is no proof that the cops were provoking looting and the picture doesn't explain what was happening behind.
    From what is being said he was pointing the gun because protesters were assaulting them.
    Doesn't explain why he's holding it like this guy though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    From what is being said he was pointing the gun because protesters were assaulting them.
    Doesn't explain why he's holding it like this guy though.
    I think it's actually because he had no intentions on shooting... If you see some of the other angles, his trigger finger is out riding along the barrel of the gun. That being said, I woulda still felt quite uncomfortable as the photographer.
    I saw another image from a separate night where there's a cop swinging a baton, then the following image is that photographers camera, lens filter all smashed.. The cop was swinging at him.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Ferguson and general police misconduct

I think it's actually because he had no intentions on shooting... If you see some of the other angles, his trigger finger is out riding along the barrel of the gun.
    This! But that finger placement is actually normal. That's the one thing that DOES convey good training.

Also, when you shoot one handed, it tends to be better if you hold it tilted at a 45... Definitely not a 180 though.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    THE PUNISHER FTW

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    lol
    im totally serious by the way.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side_grip
    "Law enforcement officers will sometimes use the side grip to shoot while holding a riot shield or ballistic shield with their other hand. Because the shield limits the field of view, lifting and tilting the gun may make the sights more visible under these circumstances.[1] Some shooters with issues of ocular dominance will tilt the gun at a 15 to 45 degree angle in order to take advantage of their better eye; the gun held in the left hand and the sights aligned to the right eye, for example.[3]"
    None of this was on display in the picture, of course.

I'm actually one of the people who is right handed but left eye dominant. Not mentioned there is the kinesics behind one handed vs two handed. Check out the competition here, shot in first-person. At the 5:00 mark he switches to single hand shooting and you will see that 10-45deg tilt.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Man, where the fuck is the video for this that someone claimed to have?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    What in the flipping fuck is this? THIS is the kind of thing that warrants a heavy uprising to "take our country/state back." What the fuck Illinois?

The Illinois General Assembly just passed a bill that would prevent citizens from recording the police.
    http://ipweb-lb-1885590254.us-east-1...rding-ban.html
    Well it didn't take long... Cops are already telling people "It's illegal to record police in the state of IL now"
    When the hell is SCOTUS going to knock this down?

Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    You a dumb bitch.

http://ars.to/12z1aYu

Baltimore, charm city.

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    wow... just insane. I feel sick after watching that.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    devils advocate: she definitely shouldn't be filming while in the drivers seat of a car while IN THE ROAD. And if she did almost run over a cop, that's not good. The language the cops used wouldn't be justified, but still.

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    devils advocate: she definitely shouldn't be filming while in the drivers seat of a car while IN THE ROAD. And if she did almost run over a cop, that's not good. The language the cops used wouldn't be justified, but still.
    Important to note: the police erased the video, which was recovered only because it was uploaded automatically to the cloud.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Important to note: the police erased the video, which was recovered only because it was uploaded automatically to the cloud.
    I love technology.

As far as I could see, the interaction with the woman was not criminal, just douchey and worthy of bad publicity. Maybe a slap from his boss.

Perhaps there is something worse going on with how they were handling the incident that the woman was trying to film?

Very unlikely, but there is always the accidental deletion. That fits the same category of likelihood as the woman lying about it being deleted.

Either way, I'm hoping more cops start acting like they are constantly on camera... Because they are!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    more on the cop pointing his gun at the photog: http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014...akland-protest
    in short: several people started kicking the black cop while he was trying to arrest someone, white cop tries to defend. Brandishing baton didn't do anything, so he brandished the gun.

I'm definitely reversing my opinion on this until something like a video is produced. It's amazing how easy it is to interpret a situation wrong when piecing it together via twitter, especially when coupled with a dramatic photo like that.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    ugh, what a joke. here is the list of demands from the millions march.
    It's mostly nonspecific bullshit and bandaids that completely miss the root. How about we remove the bullshit laws (ex: drug war) that create huge incentives for discriminatory enforcement? How about removing all federal funding to police forces so police fully report to the people?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That is ridiculous

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Either way, I'm hoping more cops start acting like they are constantly on camera... Because they are!
    even when they know there on camera, they don't give a fuuuuuuck..

also, wtf is he listening to in his squad car? lol

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    That is ridiculous
    Problem: people are getting stabbed
    Solution: politicians need to make it not hurt when you get stabbed.

Wuuuuhhh

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The #AskACop thing on twitter has me dying.

Apparently CNN thought that they would get actual questions.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Hang on, Witness 40 is Geddy Lee?

...in seriousness, I was reading that earlier today, and I remember people calling out Witness 40 pretty hard as soon as their testimony was made public. Will there be a federal investigation? Will it bear any fruit?

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Hope so. What a fucking gong show, America.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    There was a SHITLOAD of bad witness testimony on that case; that's just one of a ton. Read through them, really (I did, lol, it reads like a novel). A LOT of people weren't there but made statements, anyway, and were later brought in to testify that they weren't there. Total shit show.

Honestly, I doubt the grand jury used her testimony to make their decision, anyway. They only used the cop's testimony and the forensic evidence and the jury instructions. They threw out all the witness testimony as unreliable, most likely.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-16-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    a troubled, bipolar Missouri woman
    This description immediately stopped me from reading the rest of the article. Using mental illness to shame... So fucking boring and inexcusable.