Thread: Canadian Politics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Rob Ford diagnosed with "rare" malignant tumor in abdomen.

Given his general physical condition (drugs, alcohol), I don't know how much of a fight he can put up.
    Best of luck to him and his family.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Rob Ford diagnosed with "rare" malignant tumor in abdomen.

Given his general physical condition (drugs, alcohol), I don't know how much of a fight he can put up.
    Best of luck to him and his family.
    Either he lives or hes doesn't. Either way, this right wing populist attitude seems to be growing in Canadian politics.

With the NDP trying to bring out the 15$ an hour for a federal minimum wage, I hope that brings more people to the social democratic side of politics. So what, I lean to the left, to the point of falling over to my left side. People in B.C, and I assume the rest of Canada, deserve more than what's provided. Canadian social services have fallen way behind what would be American or another nation. I want to go full Nordic.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Either he lives or hes doesn't. Either way, this right wing populist attitude seems to be growing in Canadian politics.

With the NDP trying to bring out the 15$ an hour for a federal minimum wage, I hope that brings more people to the social democratic side of politics. So what, I lean to the left, to the point of falling over to my left side. People in B.C, and I assume the rest of Canada, deserve more than what's provided. Canadian social services have fallen way behind what would be American or another nation. I want to go full Nordic.
    It's all part of the Torries strategy.
    - Cut in every social programs on the federal to a point where services are lacking everywhere.
    - Announce a budget surplus
    - Run you next elections on lowering taxes for the middle class

As far as I am concerned, it's not how you should run a country but that's just me. I've always been leaning left from the center.