Page 100 of 131 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 3929

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    As long as the festivals are making hand over fist, they probably don’t give a shit who the acts are unfortunately.
    exactly, that garbage fest practically sells out before the lineup released. its a social event, id estimate about 25% of the crowd is actually attending for the music, the rest are there to take pictures (of themselves). its pathetic.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    As long as the festivals are making hand over fist, they probably don’t give a shit who the acts are unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    exactly, that garbage fest practically sells out before the lineup released. its a social event, id estimate about 25% of the crowd is actually attending for the music, the rest are there to take pictures (of themselves). its pathetic.

The fact I see Bruno Mars as the 2nd name on the list makes me seriously weep for how awesome this festival used to be in the 1990's.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The fact I see Bruno Mars as the 2nd name on the list makes me seriously weep for how awesome this festival used to be in the 1990's.
    I thought Metallica headlining Lollapalooza in 1996 was bad but this is blasphemous. Perry has betrayed the reasons of why he created Lollapalooza in the first place. I pray for some band to come around and just destroy everything that is unholy.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I thought Metallica headlining Lollapalooza in 1996 was bad but this is blasphemous. Perry has betrayed the reasons of why he created Lollapalooza in the first place. I pray for some band to come around and just destroy everything that is unholy.
    Gotta make that money some how.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Gotta make that money some how.
    For what, a dying music career that no one cares about?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The more I hear from Imagine Dragons and Awolnation, the more I dislike both.

I'm also starting to realize I can barely even tell them apart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    The more I hear from Imagine Dragons and Awolnation, the more I dislike both.

I'm also starting to realize I can barely even tell them apart.
    sail.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    When imagine Dragons’s Radioactive hit airwaves it wasn’t bad given most radio rock. I wasn’t a fan but it was ok.

However in 2018, fuck the band to hell for how trite and overused their music is. Does every commercial have to utilize their work? How many things can Believer be tacked onto?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    When imagine Dragons’s Radioactive hit airwaves it wasn’t bad given most radio rock. I wasn’t a fan but it was ok.

However in 2018, fuck the band to hell for how trite and overused their music is. Does every commercial have to utilize their work? How many things can Believer be tacked onto?
    Haha. Yeah, just about every one of their song sounds like it can be used in a commercial- from Diet Coke to Valtrex.

I do like the chorus in It’s Time, and Radioactive seems to be an exception rather than the rule to song writing for this shitty band. Ugh, that Thunder song is fucking horrid.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

this is cringecore

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post

this is cringecore
    Needs more compression overall and some auto-tune wouldn't hurt.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    normally I would put the Killers in this thread with no additional comment needed. But am I crazy or is this song actually good, or at the very least tolerable?

Flowers' voice/lyrics can still be grating at times, but musically this song is on point.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’m a casual The Killers fan. Do people really think they’re “shitty”?...

[runs for dear life!]

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I liked the first 2 albums the Killers did but they ended up trying to be like every other band like U2 and that turned me off. Especially that song "Human" where they were definitely ripping off Hunter S. Thompson and not even acknowledge it.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I liked the first 2 albums the Killers did but they ended up trying to be like every other band like U2 and that turned me off. Especially that song "Human" where they were definitely ripping off Hunter S. Thompson and not even acknowledge it.
    Human is (was?) awesome live IMHO. Check it out on YT where they played it as a festival (Rock AM Ring?) as an opener in I 2009. There was a really cool version of them too on some MTV music awards thing as well with some awesome production right around that time.

Can’t say I’m a fan or follow Hunter S Thompson’s work- no reason honestly. What’s the tie in to that song?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Human is (was?) awesome live IMHO. Check it out on YT where they played it as a festival (Rock AM Ring?) as an opener in I 2009. There was a really cool version of them too on some MTV music awards thing as well with some awesome production right around that time.

Can’t say I’m a fan or follow Hunter S Thompson’s work- no reason honestly. What’s the tie in to that song?
    It's just that it took the line "are we human or are we dancers?"

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post

this is cringecore
    Man... Just when I thought they couldn't sound any worse. Hand of Blood EP still brings back some nostalgic feel to me and they had a sense of promise, but man, they have fallen off the deep end hard.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

THUNDER (THUNDER) THUNDER! TH-TH-THUNDER, *CLAP CLAP CLAP* LIGHTNIN' AND-A THUNDER.

Yeah, I'm not a fan. I'll admit the first 30-ish seconds of "Radioactive" are awesome and I wished the song followed that more, but the first time I heard it, I'm pretty sure I turned it off after the chorus.

Unrelated: I think Tech Nine's music is awful. I just had to say it somewhere. There's some fuckin' stellar rap and hip hop out there that I admire and respect, even stuff I don't particularly like, but people hyping him up just because "aw omg he's from KC area you have to love him omg he's representing us" are insane. I also don't personally know anyone that's into Tech Nine that doesn't also say "Insane Clown Posse is actually pretty good when you give them a chance."

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Unrelated: I think Tech Nine's music is awful. I just had to say it somewhere. There's some fuckin' stellar rap and hip hop out there that I admire and respect, even stuff I don't particularly like, but people hyping him up just because "aw omg he's from KC area you have to love him omg he's representing us" are insane. I also don't personally know anyone that's into Tech Nine that doesn't also say "Insane Clown Posse is actually pretty good when you give them a chance."
    Any time rap like this gets brought up I just think of crystal meth.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Man... Just when I thought they couldn't sound any worse. Hand of Blood EP still brings back some nostalgic feel to me and they had a sense of promise, but man, they have fallen off the deep end hard.
    First album is awesome. Scream Aim Fire onwards is crap.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just saw that Coachella had a yodeling kid from Walmart or something at the show and he performed. Boy.... you know when you see something like that. That's a moment where you can say "no thanks, I'm done" Coachella just jumped the shark.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

One of my ex girlfriends is from the same town these shit bastards are from. No idea why I posted them now randomly as they were never brought to my attention even by accident.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

One of my ex girlfriends is from the same town these shit bastards are from. No idea why I posted them now randomly as they were never brought to my attention even by accident.
    I remember those guys. They sucked ass.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This may be an unpopular opinion but even one second of Sublime makes me cringe and want to hurt someone.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    This may be an unpopular opinion but even one second of Sublime makes me cringe and want to hurt someone.
    That's not unpopular at all. In fact, I'm annoyed as fuck by Sublime as people seem to play that fucking album every time. It's often frat boys or some kind of asshole.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So that Post Malone guy had another album come out today...I don’t get it? What’s so great?

Puke.

@thevoid99

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So that Post Malone guy had another album come out today...I don’t get it? What’s so great?

Puke.

@thevoid99
    Puke indeed as with much of today's music.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    who?

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I can't stand Sublime... and it seems like every time I venture into the Long Beach area they're heralded all around you like gods.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I can't stand Sublime... and it seems like every time I venture into the Long Beach area they're heralded all around you like gods.
    But didn't the lead singer overdose and die over 20 years ago?

They're like classic Ska-Punk, but Ska-Punk is an acquired taste, for sure.

(I admit I really liked their final self-titled album back in 1996, but I'm really into Ska, so....)

LOL, now I'm gonna have Santeria stuck in my head for days ... smiling knowing that I'm making people unhappy in this thread as I skank around the room, ESAD

Last edited by allegro; 04-27-2018 at 11:24 PM.