Page 50 of 132 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 3932

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeah... well, while a super awful thing like a band that was constructed as a rip off of Coldplay and Maroon 5 would be truly terrible and horrifying... what One Republic manage to pull off is so much worse and... just fucking terrifying. I wish I could pull myself together long enough to properly articulate exactly what is just so supremely soul-fucking about their music, but every time I just break down and run away screaming.

There's some Maroon 5 shittiness in there... some Coldplay... but then.... there's some random polka aspect... and then... It's like someone extracted the most obnoxious and "catchy" aspects of all those "HEY!" bands... you know, the bands like Mumford and Sons and Monsters and Lumineers.... took that really shitty "get up and dance ya Amish bastard!!!" aspect of their music... and the over inflected meaninglessness of it just destroys any of the sentimental bullshit you've ever had to endure from the aforementioned shitty bands... and then... AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
    I hope you mean all these words to those men, otherwise it's too late to apologize:

Sorry, I had to.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    That's a bad song... but it's not "oh wow, now my life is immeasurably worse for having heard it" bad. Counting Stars is. I hate that song so fucking much I almost wish I'd never heard any music ever.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    That's it, I'm gonna go ahead and to listen to that fucking song. (I wasn't going to at first). Great advertising, Jinsai!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I don't see what's so bad about OneRepublic: it's like Coldplay + Maroon 5. Does it offer anything that hasn't been done a whole lot worse before?

But the videos kept linking me to this:
    Ain't no shame in dat. Couple of level-headed young fellas with strong song writing skills, catchy hooks, sweet guitars and great american values.

"I can't stop starin'
    Girl what you doin' a little later
    How about you and I get this thing movin' shakin' grovin'
    Baby tell me what you're doin'
    Later on, later on, later on, later on
    Yea"

...and I just vomited.
    Last edited by hobochic; 10-28-2014 at 07:58 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Yeah... well, while a super awful thing like a band that was constructed as a rip off of Coldplay and Maroon 5 would be truly terrible and horrifying... what One Republic manage to pull off is so much worse and... just fucking terrifying. I wish I could pull myself together long enough to properly articulate exactly what is just so supremely soul-fucking about their music, but every time I just break down and run away screaming.

There's some Maroon 5 shittiness in there... some Coldplay... but then.... there's some random polka aspect... and then... It's like someone extracted the most obnoxious and "catchy" aspects of all those "HEY!" bands... you know, the bands like Mumford and Sons and Monsters and Lumineers.... took that really shitty "get up and dance ya Amish bastard!!!" aspect of their music... and the over inflected meaninglessness of it just destroys any of the sentimental bullshit you've ever had to endure from the aforementioned shitty bands... and then... AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
    That's hilarious. Have you ever considered publishing or doing a blog for these takedowns of music that you hate?
    I think I might buy the new OneRepublic album. You have a talent for making bad music sound worth listening to.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    Ain't no shame in dat. Couple of level-headed young fellas with strong song writing skills, catchy hooks, sweet guitars and great american values.

"I can't stop starin'
    Girl what you doin' a little later
    How about you and I get this thing movin' shakin' grovin'
    Baby tell me what you're doin'
    Later on, later on, later on, later on
    Yea"

...and I just vomited.
    The lyrics itself are vomit-inducing. What happened to music? How did we go from the lyrical brilliance of Bob Dylan, David Bowie, John Lennon, Curtis Mayfield, Leonard Cohen, Trent, and Barry Manilow to this crap?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That's a bad song... but it's not "oh wow, now my life is immeasurably worse for having heard it" bad. Counting Stars is. I hate that song so fucking much I almost wish I'd never heard any music ever.
    Seriously now, if you keep hating this way you're going to upset Patrick Stump, do you want that on your consciousness?

http://www.patrickstump.com/post/445...at-every-thing

(I love the way Stump hides behind bands like Nickelback in pretence of defending them, when what he's really saying is 'please stop hating Fall Out Boy')

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Seriously now, if you keep hating this way you're going to upset Patrick Stump, do you want that on your consciousness?

(I love the way Stump hides behind bands like Nickelback in pretence of defending them, when what he's really saying is 'please stop hating Fall Out Boy')

What the fuck did I just read...

Just.... fuck... fuck fuck fuck. Dude, you're in FUCKING FALL OUT BOY. You're in the fourth worst band of all time. You think that anyone who hates Creed gives a fuck what you think?

Edit: I just sat through the first ten seconds of that Swon brothers song... what fresh hell is this? I literally could not continue. How is it possible that somebody actually gave these motherfuckers money to make an album, and then somebody actually sat down and produced it... and then, even after all this bullshit has actually (somehow) happened, somebody green lighted the release of the music?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-28-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What the fuck did I just read...

Just.... fuck... fuck fuck fuck. Dude, you're in FUCKING FALL OUT BOY. You're in the fourth worst band of all time. You think that anyone who hates Creed gives a fuck what you think?

Edit: I just sat through the first ten seconds of that Swon brothers song... what fresh hell is this? I literally could not continue. How is it possible that somebody actually gave these motherfuckers money to make an album, and then somebody actually sat down and produced it... and then, even after all this bullshit has actually (somehow) happened, somebody green lighted the release of the music?
    Out of interest what are the top 3 worst bands before Fall Out Boy?

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Creed, Creed, and Creed.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Right now I'll say,

Nickelback, Creed and The Fray.

To be fair, I think he wrote that shortly after his initial bitchfest about people knocking his wanna 80's synth pop solo bullshit. He failed so he reluctantly reunited Fall Out Boy.

P.S. This:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Right now I'll say,

To be fair, I think he wrote that shortly after his initial bitchfest about people knocking his wanna 80's synth pop solo bullshit. He failed so he reluctantly reunited Fall Out Boy.

P.S. This:

Jesus fuck - that is abysmal, just fluff, no substance. Not the 80s synth pop I know and love. And he has the cheek to write that blog about people not hating??

I sat through 15 mins of Fall Out Boy at Reading Festival and they gave this speech about rock n roll - which after listening to that is so disingenuos, they don't really give a fuck about anything musically as long as they sell loads of records, completely soulless. That's when Trent said 'fuck rock n roll by the way' as a jab at their stupid speech, ha! Fall Out Boy got a massive crowd who loved them though and it made me so depressed seeing that - and totally alienated from everybody else
    Last edited by WorzelG; 10-28-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I ran into this song recently and it was one of those "I'm fascinated by how terrible these lyrics are, what is she going to say next?!"

I understand the sentiment here, but goddamn...Besides the question "do you like you?" EVERYTHING else is pretty terrible.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Colbie Callait is one of the most annoying bitches that I had ever heard. Her music wants to be so cutesy-cutesy with a dash of California smugness.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I only heard about 10 seconds of that Patrick Stump song. That was 10 seconds that I regret.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Creed, Creed, and Creed.
    if i had anything in my mouth i would have done a spit take. that made me laugh so fucking hard.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I think the correct pronunciation of the band Creed is.... Crud.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I think the correct pronunciation of the band Creed is.... Crud.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Taylor Swift.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Taylor Swift.
    I don't really know anything by her, but I'm so sick of hearing about 1989 I'm determined not to even listen to it

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I don't really know anything by her, but I'm so sick of hearing about 1989 I'm determined not to even listen to it
    Yup. From what I've heard it's not that bad of an album. Not my cup of tea, sounds like generic pop to me, but not godawful. I'm just tired of hearing about her and seeing her face everywhere I look.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Yup. From what I've heard it's not that bad of an album. Not my cup of tea, sounds like generic pop to me, but not godawful. I'm just tired of hearing about her and seeing her face everywhere I look.
    i'm tired of her fucking up feminism for so many young women out there. she perpetuates the myth of the sweet, innocent, pure young virgin while demonizing any woman who isn't "pure" in her eyes, and encourages unhealthy competition between girls (for the attention of men). not to mention her recent foray into cultural appropriation/using people of color as props.

guys, i really don't like taylor swift. probably more so as a person than as a musician.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm tired of her fucking up feminism for so many young women out there. she perpetuates the myth of the sweet, innocent, pure young virgin while demonizing any woman who isn't "pure" in her eyes, and encourages unhealthy competition between girls (for the attention of men). not to mention her recent foray into cultural appropriation/using people of color as props.

guys, i really don't like taylor swift. probably more so as a person than as a musician.
    If you ever decide to pursue a Master of Arts in American Studies, there's a good idea for your final research paper/thesis.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 10-30-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

i like you and think a lot of your posts are spot-on, but you need to lighten up. are you shaming her for being young, blonde, and commercially attractive? and who has she "demonized"? she sings about things that matter to 20-somethings and polishes her craft well, vapid or not (coming from a 33-year-old man).

music can be fun, you know.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i like you and think a lot of your posts are spot-on, but you need to lighten up. are you shaming her for being young, blonde, and commercially attractive? and who has she "demonized"? she sings about things that matter to 20-somethings and polishes her craft well, vapid or not (coming from a 33-year-old man).

music can be fun, you know.
    i come across way more intense online than i probably actually am sorry!

i guess i just don't like how many of her songs are about her being a better person than other girls because she doesn't do the things they do. and because she's so popular and influential, the kids who listen to her music absorb those ideas and regurgitate them.

i'd honestly much rather have my kid listening to someone like madonna. someone who is in your face about sex but at least it's healthy and consensual sex. taylor (or at least the taylor she presents in her music) acts like girls who have sex (or even SEEM like they might be having sex) are horrible.

i have no idea if i'm making sense. i've gotten, like, eight hours of sleep total since sunday.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    So I was sitting in some lobby with VH1 playing on tv screens. I was promised "more of what I want, more of what I love." This was followed by videos of Money on my mind by Sam Smith and something by 5 Seconds of Summer.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Right now I'll say,

P.S. This:

Its only just occurred to me what a cheek it is for Fall Out Boy to call their album Save Rock n Roll after Stump's solo effort. Are FOB fans completely stupid?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Its only just occurred to me what a cheek it is for Fall Out Boy to call their album Save Rock n Roll after Stump's solo effort. Are FOB fans completely stupid?
    Painful. Even worse than FOB.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Probably. I never understood why they got so popular.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Britain seems to be really obsessed with Ed Sheeran at the moment, so dull. It's like he's the new James Blunt