Page 90 of 131 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 3929

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Whatever is said about the Grammys at least it's not the Brit Awards which are an embarrassment.

Coldplay performed with the Chainsmokers and if there's one type of music I would love to see implode it's EDM. Is there any pop trend that Coldplay won't incorporate to sell more units?
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/mashabl...ndroid-samsung

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Chris Martin is a fucking chode. That guy will do anything to make himself and his band feel important and be all things to all people. What a wanker.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Coldplay has plenty of great songs on their own, albeit those songs are getting older & older. What Chris Martin is doing in these situations is so transparent & cringeworthy. Just stop.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Second-rate U2 and Martin is a wannabe Bono.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rascal Flats.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Coldplay is my "Nickelback" by far, though I fucking hate U2 as well. Vertigo and Ordinary Love were good songs though, and they have some decent background music I guess.

The only good Coldplay song however is Violet Hill, I absolutely detest (almost) anything else that came from them. Makes my blood boil whenever I think about how they managed to keep selling their nothing disguised as music. Over. And. Over. Again.

Justin Bieber, Nickelback and the likes of them at least not pretend to be anything else they are, it's just one big circlejerk that they are the cancer of the music industry. But fucking Coldplay man... Pseudo art is what they do.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Coldplay is my "Nickelback" by far, though I fucking hate U2 as well. Vertigo and Ordinary Love were good songs though, and they have some decent background music I guess.

The only good Coldplay song however is Violet Hill, I absolutely detest (almost) anything else that came from them. Makes my blood boil whenever I think about how they managed to keep selling their nothing disguised as music. Over. And. Over. Again.

Justin Bieber, Nickelback and the likes of them at least not pretend to be anything else they are, it's just one big circlejerk that they are the cancer of the music industry. But fucking Coldplay man... Pseudo art is what they do.
    Do you hate all U2? Their albums from the 1980's to the early 1990's were great, imho.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Do you hate all U2? Their albums from the 1980's to the early 1990's were great, imho.
    I only heard their popular songs, which never convinced me to dig deeper.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)

Oh man...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This article about Smash Mouth's twitter battles made me laugh. I was looking them up because All Star was played at a party one of my kids went to.

http://gawker.com/smash-mouths-despe...tle-1781910819
    Last edited by WorzelG; 03-05-2017 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    regarding u2: achtung baby, zooropa, and pop are fun. but bono is a douche.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Oh man...
    is that pino?

the song is kinda catchy. i hate john mayer as much as anyone, but that ain't bad.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    the song is kinda catchy. i hate john mayer as much as anyone, but that ain't bad.
    I could not believe how horrible it was... I mean, it goes beyond lyrics, but "I still keep your shampoo in my shower, in case you wanna wash your hair..."

That is... so awful.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i didn't hear that. yep, that's shit. but it *sounds* kind of like a hall and oates song.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    is that pino?
    Yes. He's been with John Mayer for like over a decade now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I could not believe how horrible it was... I mean, it goes beyond lyrics, but "I still keep your shampoo in my shower, in case you wanna wash your hair..."

That is... so awful.
    I shit blood every time I hear John Mayer.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    i didn't hear that. yep, that's shit. but it *sounds* kind of like a hall and oates song.
    I said the same thing...

/shudder

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I said the same thing...

/shudder
    i love hall and oates.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    It's Hot Take Tuesday: Maroon 5 is WAY shittier than Nickelback. Holy living shit, fuck that fucking band.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    regarding u2: achtung baby, zooropa, and pop are fun. but bono is a douche.
    he's number 2
    -louie

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    i'm a rare defender of all u2 albums from boy through and including pop. the 90s records are a bit harder to justify outside of guilty pleasure zone, but the early 80s work is unfuckwithable, imo. just because bono is a douche doesn't mean they didn't kick ass at the top of their game.

once pop failed to connect with an audience, the band began writing safe, rehashed dad-rock that tried to aim for their classic sound but missed the mark entirely. since then it's been a tough time to be a fan, but i will fight for boy, war, or the unforgettable fire any day.

this is a delight:

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    U2 is a band that has made incredible pop/rock music, if that's your sort of thing. If that's your sort of thing and you super-hate U2, there's something really wrong with you, and you should consult a physician.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Funny, yesterday i heard "War" and today i heard "The Unforgettable Fire", both quality albums if you ask me...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The last U2 album I liked was All That You Leave Behind. Everything after that was sort of "meh" for me. I listened to them all and can't recall a single song, except for:
    Last edited by GulDukat; 03-10-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    U2 is a band that has made incredible pop/rock music, if that's your sort of thing. If that's your sort of thing and you super-hate U2, there's something really wrong with you, and you should consult a physician.
    i would say that's accurate once the band kicks into that territory, which happened around joshua tree. before that, they were a more successful version of bands like echo & the bunnymen, the chameleons, comsat angels, early simple minds etc.- that post-joy division thing that took that kind of post-punk energy and made it a bit more digestible. i never understand why people in my circle love all the above bands yet rag on u2- it's all the same to me, just one got immensely popular and somehow annoys everyone.

i guess maybe i'm just good at separating bands 'classic work' from their latter day sins. if i dinged every band for what they would become or what they release now, i'd like very little music.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    My parents used to watch live concerts on weekends when we had breakfast in their bed (video tapes and all...). That's when I first heard the Joshua Tree stuff. I must have been 5 or 6 years old. I vividly remember watching the black and white footage of Bono singing In God's Country and Bullet The Blue Sky in Rattle & Hum. A few years later, when I was about 12 or 13 years old, they were the first band I've listened to and bought records of (aside from listening to radio). I'm not into them anymore, but I still think they have some very solid albums in the vein of what Jinsai said. Today, they're more of a guilty pleasure tho. Overall, I'd name Zooropa as my favorite album of theirs.

And I get that U2 have a bad rep cause they're taking themselves so very very seriously and are kind of annoying when it comes to "staying the biggest band of the world" and stuff, but seriously... compare their catalog from the 80s up until '97 to the other music that's mentioned in this thread... it's not fair.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    yeah, with U2 it's all about the earlier stuff for me... I also consider them to be kind of a "singles" thing. They're one of those bands that if you took all of their best songs and put them on a 45 minute long album, it would be crushingly great and undeniable. I can't remember the last time I actually sat down and listened to a U2 album from start to finish, but there's ten or so incredible songs that are just about close to perfect.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    yeah, with U2 it's all about the earlier stuff for me... I also consider them to be kind of a "singles" thing. They're one of those bands that if you took all of their best songs and put them on a 45 minute long album, it would be crushingly great and undeniable. I can't remember the last time I actually sat down and listened to a U2 album from start to finish, but there's ten or so incredible songs that are just about close to perfect.
    All I ever gave a shit about was Achtung Baby and Zooropa. Joshua Tree has some decent songs too. The rest is a hodge podge of overindulgent shit. That latest cd that worked it's way to everyone's iTunes account was the biggest pile of shit I've heard for an extremely well established band in ages.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    All I ever gave a shit about was Achtung Baby and Zooropa. Joshua Tree has some decent songs too. The rest is a hodge podge of overindulgent shit. That latest cd that worked it's way to everyone's iTunes account was the biggest pile of shit I've heard for an extremely well established band in ages.
    Yeah, that was terrible, and the roll-out of it was like something out of Spinal Tap or Silicon Valley. "OK, we're going to pay fifty million dollars to force this glorious new U2 album onto every Apple owner's device... What? No, we haven't actually listened to it yet, but c'mon, it's frickin U2!!! Who doesn't love U2?! Huh, there's no album cover art yet? That's fine, we'll just use a blank placeholder until the actual art comes out. Who cares, it's just album art... whatever."

I was genuinely alarmed when I saw that album cover pop up out of nowhere.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The last great U2 song I can think of is "Magnificent" which is from their worst album. All That You Can Leave Behind is definitely their last great album. Everything else after that is eh....