Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132
Results 3,931 to 3,946 of 3946

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

German...country...rock? They don't sing in German but they are a German band.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

German...country...rock? They don't sing in German but they are a German band.
    I wouldn't buy that, but think that's actually kind of cool and interesting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think I've found the Gen X Brokencyde

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    So, how about that new Eminem album…

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I am completely flummoxed by Oliver Tree.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    You could tell me that Sabrina Carpenter is one of those virtual reality singers and I'd believe you.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tune in @ 1:10 mark.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've been having a pretty good time lately hating on Jacob Collier because of how much he annoys me on multiple levels.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    You could tell me that Sabrina Carpenter is one of those virtual reality singers and I'd believe you.
    My wife is really into all those singles, haha. There's some fun little production moments on some songs, but it's easily forgettable.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    All the music theory in the world can't save him from writing bad music

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    David Bowie now posthumously has his first #1 country song!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So with System of a Down having basically called it quits again, their bass player has started a new band. It sounds like the kind of music that everybody made fun of in 2003, yet was still inexplicably popular.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I don't understand why they don't just get original drummer Andy Khachaturian back. He was pretty good from what I heard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The differing political ideologies in the band isn't why System of a Down hasn't produced new music. They just haven't been able to make anything good together. They've said so themselves. Serj and Daron have each released plenty of music that was originally conceived as System of a Down, but that didn't survive the band's internal decision making process. Most of it really isn't that good.
    But the reason they seem to have called it quits now is that Serj can't physically keep up with touring anymore.

Serj Tankian's 'Invocations' album is an achievement, though. Probably the best thing he's done since SOAD last put out an album.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I've actually managed to read Serj's book and I'll tell you why they aren't making music anymore. It's because Daron is a control freak and Serj doesn't want to have to deal with it, among some other reasons. Story time

When the band was getting in the studio to record Mezmerize, Serj had just fallen out of a long-distance relationship he was really committed to making work and was completely heartbroken over it. He told the band straight up before they went in. "Hey, I'm in a really bad spot. I'll do the record, we'll go on tour and after that, I need to take some time off." At first, the band agreed to it. The problem was, they had another instance of writing so much good songs that they made another album, which was Hypnotize. That's when issues started to happen. Also during recording, SerJ was also starting to get tired of how Daron would always tell Serj that "we'll work on your songs another time" and variations of such things every time he'd bring a song idea in and instead have them focus on what Daron had

But, now, the band wanted to tour for Hypnotize, And Serj was still committed to taking a break. However, there was an incident where Serk was out on a walk and he got a message from management asking about some shows in 2006, out of reflex Serj said he'd agree and talk about it later. He mentioned he wasn't sure why he said that. So, when they called back and Serj said no, they all got angry with Shavo even threatening to sue Serj.

Basically, all the shows from 2006 were Serj being forced to play. He did not enjoy it, and you can tell he was just trudging along the way

When they did get back together, they actually did try to write on two separate occasions.

When they did their show in Armenia, Serj had written a song and Draon had written a song that was actually the song "Lives" on his Dictator album, songs that were for support for Armenia. But, you can all thank Rick Ruben for stopping them from being put out. He told the band that these songs weren't good enough for the first thing the fans would hear from the band. Serj was not happy about that because he thought Rick was thinking from a business standpoint and not from it being to help the cause. It was still enough to have them shelve the songs.

The second time came around 2018. Serj had made this manifesto of what it would take for him to make new music again and what he put out, which I think, was very fair and reasonable. It mostly revolved around everyone having their say in it, Daron and Serj having an equal amount of songs to come in with the entire band being able to vote on whether they liked it or not. If it didn't get a full yes, they'd make a new song. It also revolved around everyone getting a fair split on royalties regardless of songwriting credit, as well as offering new potions to explore promoting the albums (Serj really hates touring and he was also working on an injured back)

Shavo was on board but John and ESPECIALLY Daron were none too pleased. John accused Serj of telling him what to do (Which John does not like) and Daron accused Serj of preventing him from making more songs along with some petty shit that lasts for SIX HOURS. It didn't work out.

And now, we get to Protect The Land and Genocidal Humannoidz.

When John got the band in a group text meeting that led up to the two songs that we did get, Daron had a hypersensitive meltdown. Everyone was excited, they were all on board and then Serj texted just a simple word. "Let's write a song about what's happening in Artsakh." And then Daron proceeded to write. "Fuck this. I'm out." Leaving everyone confused. It later turns out he had already written the song "Protect The Land." and accused Serj of discarding the song he already wrote...even though he didn't even tell anyone that he had written it at the time. Even when the band was all set and recording, Daron was telling everyone how to write the song, how it should be sung, how the guitars needed to be played, how the drums needed to be played, etc etc. Serj, again, was not happy.

And that is why SoaD has not made any music

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    So with System of a Down having basically called it quits again, their bass player has started a new band. It sounds like the kind of music that everybody made fun of in 2003, yet was still inexplicably popular.
    Ewww, sounds like Temu Shinedown mixed with SOAD...