Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Funny, to me the notions of self-sacrifice is more Dickensian than Randian, seeing as how Nolan has said the tone of the movie was inspired by books like A Tale of Two Cities​.

Hell, the courtroom reminded me of something out of the Reign of Terror, with Scarecrow officiating in a position unlike Robespierre.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Hell, the courtroom reminded me of something out of the Reign of Terror, with Scarecrow officiating in a position unlike Robespierre.
    Heh, that bit reminded me a whole lot of the Quintessons from Transformers the Movie.
    Also did anyone else get a bit of a Star Wars vibe from this movie? I'm not just talking super human on life support in the case of Bane vs Vader but there was a bit of the Han Solo about Selina and there were plenty of other things but they're all so obvious and probably not worth talking about. I need to see this again. Now.
    Last edited by owinn; 07-20-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah, theres nothing reallt randian about self sacrifice, but a lot of the other ideas are pretty heavily so. Especially that idea that wed be in chaos if not for the wealthiest members of society.

Im not saying that its all Rand, and im not familiar with A Tale of Two cities, but the rand is there and you could see why they might want to justvoutright say it and wave it in peoples faces.

The anti occupy theme gets really condescending at times too. That scene where Catwoman's girlfriend ask her, isnt this what you wanted? My friends and i had a few laughs at that...
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 07-20-2012 at 02:22 PM.