Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Bingo. Nolan's interpretation of Batman was more rooted in realism than the movies that preceded it, which is why you never saw characters like Clayface or Killer Croc. Why would it have been necessary to call Selina by her alias? There were visual clues to it without being overt, like how her infrared glasses flicked back in the shape of cat ears. Just like with Batman, everything about Catwoman's outfit stemmed out of function and not ornamentation.

I know for a lot of people Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman was the penultimate portrayal-and maybe there's a bit of nostalgia playing into it-but take it from somebody who has read the various comic storylines, Nolan's take is closer to the root of the character. If it hadn't have been, you would have seen me in here bitching about it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Bingo. Nolan's interpretation of Batman was more rooted in realism than the movies that preceded it, which is why you never saw characters like Clayface or Killer Croc. Why would it have been necessary to call Selina by her alias? There were visual clues to it without being overt, like how her infrared glasses flicked back in the shape of cat ears. Just like with Batman, everything about Catwoman's outfit stemmed out of function and not ornamentation.

I know for a lot of people Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman was the penultimate portrayal-and maybe there's a bit of nostalgia playing into it-but take it from somebody who has read the various comic storylines, Nolan's take is closer to the root of the character. If it hadn't have been, you would have seen me in here bitching about it.
    Agreed! My friend, leading up to the film, always asked me 'Why do you think they're never referring to her actually as Catwoman?' Only answer I could think of was 'Because we all know who Selina Kyle is, who cares?'

And Botley nailed it on the head...whereas I think TDK touched upon a few more points to a more poignant level, for me this ended the trilogy perfectly and it was still unbelievable. The last 20 minutes were amazing and I'm still shocked at the last fight scene. Going up the steps and Bane just going all out, the 2nd time I saw it with my friend, as Bane blasted the blows in to the pillar my friend whispered 'Holy fuck, man.' So good.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Going up the steps and Bane just going all out, the 2nd time I saw it with my friend, as Bane blasted the blows in to the pillar my friend whispered 'Holy fuck, man.' So good.
    This X1000!! Me and my girlfriend looked at each other after that scene with googly eyes. Fucking so fantastic I wanted more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Review from my favorite reviewers:

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-th...-knight-rises/

Love those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    I know for a lot of people Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman was the penultimate portrayal
    pe·nul·ti·mate

adjective

1.next to the last: the penultimate scene of the play.

2.of or pertaining to a penult.