Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1590

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Richard Patrick hasn't been a relevant member of Nine Inch Nails for 27 years...
    Donno why he thinks he should be on this list.
    because he was the one who told trent to “keep it dark”. clearly playing guitar and saying this means he shouldn’t be overlooked. in all seriousness, the RRHOF mattered to no one a year ago and now fans and live band members are feeling slighted by the whole thing. in the grand scheme, what does it matter? i don’t even know who’s in there besides nin and the cure.

as for a performance, i think trent should do it himself like the katrina benefit. piano, boom box, and reznor. that’s nin. fuck the rest.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I wonder if he'll continue rambling about how he was in NIN and how TR is his best friend at every Filter show?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's okay, I'm sure Filter will be nominated at some point... I can't even say that one with a straight face.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    It's okay, I'm sure Filter will be nominated at some point... I can't even say that one with a straight face.
    i enjoy some filter songs. i think patrick has made a stellar contribution to music. he might have a right to be upset about not being inducted with nin but the childish manner he’s chosen to express it seems attention seeking to me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CEqOp3ED...ource=ig_embed

I think someone isn't too happy about the news...
    28 years is one hell of a delayed reaction.

some will come along for the ride, some won't

-Trent Reznor, 1992

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i enjoy some filter songs. i think patrick has made a stellar contribution to music. he might have a right to be upset about not being inducted with nin but the childish manner he’s chosen to express it seems attention seeking to me.
    I did catch a show of theirs quite a few years back and had a decent time. Certainly not debating Richard's talents at all, though it seems like his legacy as far as NIN is concerned is summed up to drone guitar and being one of Trent's first punching bags. He sure seems awful bitter about a lot of things, and that's not really a recent development.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Trent is lucky they inducted any members, this guy is complaining about it now and I DO see his point concerning other bands!

speaking of Richard Patrick though, I can see how he’d be bitter because the live band and the Lolla sets seemed integral to them getting signed by Interscope, but didn’t he appear on a film badmouthing Trent? Hired Guns or something
    Last edited by WorzelG; 09-04-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Richard Patrick was part of the live band in the early days and has one album credit to his name. Compare that with the guys who have either been in the band for a long time or who have multiple album performance credits, and it's a no-brainer why he wasn't included.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Richard Patrick was part of the live band in the early days and has one album credit to his name. Compare that with the guys who have either been in the band for a long time or who have multiple album performance credits, and it's a no-brainer why he wasn't included.
    Also look at what Richard Patrick is credited for

Woah Patrick, he couldn't have done it without you, Pretty Hate Machine would not be regarded as a classic if it weren't for your drone guitar at the end of Sanctified. You were integral to this album's creation.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Also look at what Richard Patrick is credited for

Woah Patrick, he couldn't have done it without you, Pretty Hate Machine would not be regarded as a classic if it weren't for your drone guitar at the end of Sanctified. You were integral to this album's creation.
    Likening it to Kiss' contribution to the end of some mixes of StarF*kers?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    People commenting Richards fb post saying how Filter should be in the HOF......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Filter has as much chance of getting in as Corey Feldman

He had a fb comment where he said something along the lines of "Trent explained it to me. Who cares. I don't".........Then 10 mins later puts up that ig post

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I think it's fine to be a little disappointed but like...dial it back a little.

Anyway, i'm convinced that the HoF does this sort of thing on purpose to drum up chatter about the event before it airs.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Charlie Clouser should have been inducted. He did a ton for NIN in the time he was in the band.

Feels great to see Danny and Chris in there. Good for them!
    Last edited by katara; 09-04-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    but didn’t he appear on a film badmouthing Trent? Hired Guns or something

Funnily enough someone appears in the film accusing Patrick of doing the same thing while he was in Filter.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Trent is lucky they inducted any members, this guy is complaining about it now and I DO see his point concerning other bands!

speaking of Richard Patrick though, I can see how he’d be bitter because the live band and the Lolla sets seemed integral to them getting signed by Interscope, but didn’t he appear on a film badmouthing Trent? Hired Guns or something
    He's gone back and forth a lot over the years. He's said some really shitty things, but then gushed about what great music TR makes. I can't ever get a read on him because it seems like every other year he changes his mind on how he feels about NIN and the experience overall.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    People call Eddie Trunk the Rush Limbaugh of rock radio for a reason

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I can see the point that Eddie guy is making, and it's kind of fair in some ways. But if you're going to induct NIN, you've got to include some members I think.

Trent could have been nominated on his own, and that would have been well deserved too, certainly a several of the things mentioned on the induction poster are more TR than NIN.

There is merit to the argument that this induction should have been a Trent Reznor induction rather than a Nine Inch Nails induction, but if you call it that, you'd have less name recognition, the hall of fame certainly wants the name recognition and the publicity that comes along with it.

I don't think I agree with him, but he does have a point.

EDIT: I don't know the rules, can they induct NIN and then also induct TR a second time on his own?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Richard Patrick reminds me of that annoying friend at school who you just want to punch in the face all the time but stay friends with him for no apparent reason. Kind of like Cartman or something. “But meeeeeem, I was in Trent’s band fiiiiiiiiiirst!”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I sort feel like NIN (as a concept or musical act) is probably getting inducted in large part because of what was contributed from 89-95ish. NIN has remained relevant for the most part and TR has definitely stayed relevant and had a great influential career since. Because of that, it feels like you have those members from that time period inducted or you just have TR inducted. I am happy for everyone who got in with TR and understand that the recent members have been in the live band for a long time and contributed. But again, I don't think NIN as an entity is being inducted for post Downward Spiral maybe post Fragile era contribution to music. (I'm not saying the music since then has not been good, it just hasn't had the impact or influence it had during that 89-95 run) I agree that if it was just TR-even though he has had a lot of help along the way-that his total career in NIN and as a forward thinking artist and as a film composer-that 30 year career is definitely worth induction to Hall Of Fame. If it was just TR we would all be saying thats not fair to everyone who helped or toured with him, but it would be a little more fair just because everyone would be left out.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    EDIT: I don't know the rules, can they induct NIN and then also induct TR a second time on his own?
    They can, because the rules are arbitrary and fake anyway, but also because they've done it before. Inducting NIN in this way is treating the band as more than the Trent Reznor Studio Experience, so it creates room to induct Trent as purely a solo performer, but in that case you'd be inducting him based on everything but NIN, and I don't think Trent will ever get to the point where he's HoF-level notable for his non-NIN work.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Interview with Ilan Rubin confirming that Trent did personally lobby for the additions

https://www.pacificsandiego.com/thin...ine-inch-nails

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Interview with Ilan Rubin confirming that Trent did personally lobby for the additions

https://www.pacificsandiego.com/thin...ine-inch-nails
    Ha! I knew it!!!
    Still is his band and he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it. Good for the ones being inducted. This is a heads up for the ones not being inducted. Continue working hard and creating a legacy equal or bigger than NIN´s.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Since NIN Live has always been an evolving entity, it's a little strange that the current live band has been inducted. Only conclusion I can draw from this is that *this* incarnation of NIN *is NIN* and there won't be any more changes to the line-up, except for the exciting possibility of Lohner and Vrenna coming back.

I also expect the live members to take a more active role in studio albums. We'll see.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Too bad Richard and Charlie weren't really involved in that little supergroup Trent had going back in the late-90s/early-2000s. That shit would leak for sure now if they were..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Since NIN Live has always been an evolving entity, it's a little strange that the current live band has been inducted. Only conclusion I can draw from this is that *this* incarnation of NIN *is NIN* and there won't be any more changes to the line-up, except for the exciting possibility of Lohner and Vrenna coming back.

I also expect the live members to take a more active role in studio albums. We'll see.
    You say that as if Aaron, Jeordie, Josh, Ally (for a bit) and Robin (for a bit longer) didn't leave under their own volition. Any of the band could leave now if they wanted.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    TR said at the Reckless Records Q&A back in 2017 "this IS the live band, for as long as they don't get sick of me". Or words to that effect. I bet he lobbied for all of them to be in and then the Hall picked Lohner & Vrenna.
    Last edited by botley; 09-07-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It would be amazing if this becomes the new tour lineup; would lose my sh*t if all 7 of them perform together at the ceremony.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post

I doubt it has anything to do with that. The HOF seems to induct whoever is currently in a band. When the Chili Peppers got inducted, their guitar player Klinghoffer got inducted with them even though he had been in the band for like 2 years out of their 30 year career and appeared on one album (considered to be their worst). He was a nothing member and still got in the HOF based on being in the current band. When Metallica got in, their bass player Trujillo got inducted with them even though he was in the band 5 years out of their 30 year career at the time. It just so happened he was a current member at the time of induction. They seem to go with current members and then pick and choose former members.

With that said. Trent should be the only one inducted. He IS Nine Inch Nails and has been ever since 1988. But it sure is fun watching Richard Patrick go into meltdown mode

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    Ha! I knew it!!!
    Still is his band and he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it. Good for the ones being inducted. This is a heads up for the ones not being inducted. Continue working hard and creating a legacy equal or bigger than NIN´s.
    Agreed. RP especially. Quit riding on people's backs.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    You say that as if Aaron, Jeordie, Josh, Ally (for a bit) and Robin (for a bit longer) didn't leave under their own volition.
    I'm pretty sure Aaron and Jeordie did not leave of their own volition.