Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
FUCK THIS SHIT! It's a fucking sham. I think Trent should make an announcement to rescind his nomination in favor of getting someone or some act that deserves it more. I think it's best if we fans wait for NIN to be inducted. It doesn't have to be next but rather 6-7 years so we can see all of the different line-ups come together but now or next year isn't the time. Besides, why should we vote on some fucking poll by an organization that continuously fucks over every great artist from the past and those who really gave their contributions to music. Hall & Oates were vying for Chubby Checker to be in the Hall of Fame as well as the soul acts from the 70s in Philadelphia. Where are the Delfonics, the Stylistics, the Miracles? There's probably a lot of doo-wop acts that aren't in the Hall of Fame or acts like the MC5 or the New York Dolls who helped shaped the ideas of punk rock that should be in there. Suicide should be in there. This is fucking bullshit!

If NIN is going to be in the Hall of Fame, so should the following: Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Einsturzende Neubauten, Depeche Mode, Gary Numan, Cabaret Voltaire, Coil, Front Line Assembly, Front 242, Throbbing Gristle, and so many others that paved the way for Trent to become who he is now. All this fucking organization wants to do is sell tickets and get ratings for their bullshit as it's run an aging faggot whose once great magazine should've died 20 fucking years ago and some egotistical, out-of-touch, shit-faced rock writer who doesn't know fucking shit about music as he is nothing more than a cocksucker to the fucking Boss.

David Bowie didn't even show up to his own induction because he knew how full of shit it is. Metallica kept asking where are the bands that paved the way for them like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and the numerous bands of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal that more than fucking deserves to be in there than fucking Green Day who has become nothing more than a lame-ass punk-pop bullshit band. It's something that always eaten me up but the fact that those great bands like Deep Purple who alone should've been inducted 20 years ago are still being passed over in favor of bullshit. It pisses me off to no end and I want that fucking place they call a fucking museum to be destroyed. End of rant.
There's mixed messages here. Do you take it seriously or not? Because if it's bullshit what does it matter that great bands aren't in there, you're giving it far too much credit by being so upset so-and-so isn't in