Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just started the first one today, so far i'm digging it. Started playing it because Bioshock Infinite looks awesome, and I don't want to go into it not knowing anything about the series.

Also Bioshock 2 will be free on PS+ tomorrow. Soo I know what I'll be playing for the next month or so.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I must say, I liked the second game better than the first one. It's been a while since I've played the first, but I remember it dragging sooo long. Bioshock 2 was perfectly paced, in my opinion. Plus having placmids AND weapons available at the same time was a huge advancement.

Also, the "Minerva's Den" DLC kicked ass.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Some magazines have now got to play a few hours of Infinite and they all say it's unbelievable...so that's good news.

Oh yeah, also it's been delayed another month. March 26.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: BioShock

Wonder why they delayed it, again...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ken gave his reasoning in the official blog.

Basically it's a last minute polishing, bug testing thing...they'd rather have a game that's delayed and awesome than rushed and garbage. I couldn't agree more. The whining (which they of course had to know would come from the internetz) will fade...if the game sucked or was buggy and needed constant patching, it'd be a tragedy for Irrational haha. Oh well, it'll give me more time to play Dead Space 3; the fact that I only have time for a handful of games a year anyways kinda makes me want them to be more spread out already lol.

edit: Also if you check out Joystiq or any of the other sites now that the embargo has lifted, they're all saying it's incredible, so I still have faith.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I feel the same way! I think they have guts pushing the release date back. They're even giving us updates every step of the way. I wish more developers had the guts to delay a game to make it perfect and 100% ready for the customer instead of meet the initial deadline with a sloppy product (Looking at you, AC3).

Besides, now maybe I can get Metal Gear Rising mostly out of the way before I get into Infinite. :P

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Exactly. Gives me more time to pay off AND pick up Rising. And if Rising sucks, I'll trade it, heh.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I don't mind that delay at all. I have 4 or 5 games sitting around that I need to get through before this comes out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fucking. Sick.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The first five minutes of the game have been released from Irrational Games. Minor spoilers obviously, but not too bad.

(Again. Fucking. Sick.)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New 'BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition' announced.

Kind of a cash grab sure, but it comes with both games, all the DLC, stickers, new level, artwork, etc. etc. I won't be getting it obviously, but if you've never played one of the first, this isn't bad for 30.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ^ Pretty nice. I would probably get that but I got the sequel free from PS+ and Infinite for PS3 is going to come with the first game. I played them both on 360 but never actually finished the second one.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

I really only liked the first one, but that is one nice collection. I might pick it up for the right price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just finished the first one last night. Holy crap becoming a big daddy after killing so many of them was pretty heavy....in my opinion at least. Very awesome game, now to start the second.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

You might be disappointed with part 2.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That's a matter of opinion. I loved the second game. Very different, but not in a bad way. I might consider picking up the collection for the extras.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Pretty cool idea.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

If they delay this game again, I'll destroy something.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^^^ I don't think this game could look any more awesome.

Just beat Bioshock 2, I really enjoyed it. It was interesting to see rapture from the perspective of a Big Daddy. I thought protecting the little sisters would get tedious but they gave you enough trap and defense options to keep it fresh. Now that I'm all caught up, bring on March 26th!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New trailer and another 'major' announcement on Tuesday.

Sneak peek:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

If they aren't bumping up the date, I could really care less at this point about announcements. Considering going "dark" with the trailers and stuff until launch.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I know that they changed quite a few things since the last delay (character designs, etc.). Glad it's finally finished. One more month to go...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Launch day Season Pass announced, three DLC packs for $19.99/1600 MS points. Gets you the content, a few weapon and item bonuses.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    If they aren't bumping up the date, I could really care less at this point about announcements. Considering going "dark" with the trailers and stuff until launch.
    I think I've seen two trailers for this in the last year. Maybe three. I really wanna go into this game having my mind blown, and oddly enough, the delays are helping re-enforce that. :P The commitment to quality is pretty re-assuring.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    The commitment to quality is pretty re-assuring.
    All the interviews I've seen with Levine and his team tells me the developers and contractors really love this product and have made every effort to create something more than just "shoot what's on the screen" kind of gameplay. Sure I'm expecting the style of what we saw in the first two Bioshocks. But the environment, story and character work really holds a part in all you do with interacting in this one. I have high hopes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    13 minute gameplay video with commentary.

The commentary is mostly discussing the challenges with Elizabeth and is pretty interesting. Obviously what gets me pumped is the environment, it just looks fascinating to explore. Fairly spoiler-ish...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am so tempted to just go ahead and pre-order this on steam but I'm trying to wait until after my birthday in case someone I know buys it for me. It's really hard to wait. Also I want to get that free X-Com unlock.