Thread: Jamie Oliver hired a potato

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's my belief that a lot of people amongst the post Thatcher middle classes in the UK are raised with a sense of self entitlement and sense of duty towards making money, meaning they do things like hire paedophiles to work in their businesses and think it's OK - and also think that everyone else will probably be cool with it if they just offer a limp justification, that's how far gone they are
    But you don't honestly think that Jamie Oliver is currently middle class, do you? I don't think many "middle class" people would think that child molesters are okay. However, I am also of the belief that if child molesters who have served their time can't be employed, then taxpayers will forever pay for them and wtf good will THAT do for society? This is, however, a poor PR move for Oliver. At some point, wealthy people become so far removed from reality that they don't think more than a few seconds beyond any decision. This program is for disadvantaged people. Oliver probably thinks this guy will somehow turn himself around through being a chef. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-18-2014 at 11:55 AM.