Thread: Texas Roll Call

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    Jesus, @allegro .
    You are fucking GREAT at research.
    Cactus Feeders IS the feedlot.

And my grandfather made frequent trips to houston.

His name was William Neil Jackson, if you ever get bored...

As far as the car crash...i fell asleep at the wheel doing 90 on the highway and flipped it five times.
    My grandfather drove what appears to be an impossible path on a short residential street with a 20 mph speed limit that ended at a perpendicular street...you know...like a T shape... and crashed into someone's porch, blowing up the car. Now THAT is a weird car crash.

Some say that he had a heart attack or stroke with his foot on the gas. But if he'd had a heart attack or stroke and dead footed it, he wouldn't have been able to drive the path to crash into the porch, because it would have taken steering (from what i can tell examining the site)

He burned to death in the car, btw.
    There were no witnesses.

So to me, it had to have been a bizarre suicide. But as far as i know, he had no reason to commit suicide.

That's why i wonder about murder. To me, it's one or the other...suicide or murder.
    And considering all the creepy allegations floating around about gow, i suspect the latter. Did you read any of the unsavory rumors about gow? here's a bit "In an update on our earlier report about Bush’s year in “tropical plants,” the man Bush was working for during the year he spent traveling Guatemala and Central America (see pt I), former Zapata Offshore President Robert Gow, was at the same time embroiled in a takeover attempt of the notorious United Fruit Company (on whose Board sat his father, Ralph Gow, a long-time Director), and that while Bush was there supposedly “looking over tropical plants,” the company was actively participating in a counter-insurgency program with the Guatemalan Government as part of the CIA’s Operation Condor."

It's the old people that say it was a mob hit. It gets brought up at every fucking funeral i attend. I've also heard "your grandad could have been president" three or four times. It's very cryptic.
    But i don't suspect the mob. I suspect gow.

But again...JESUS! I can't believe you found those things! Thank you for looking into it!

also, @allegro btw, my grandfather died in 72, according to my mom, BEFORE SOT went under.
    She also just told me that we lost about $1,000,000 in stock when it did go under. According to my great uncle, we took the biggest hit in SOT stock. My crazy grandmother, (who really was schizophrenic,) refused to sell the stock for "sentimental reasons" because it was her husbands.

my mother also told me that two other names involved in all of this are Doug Florence and JA Whittenburg the third, who was his MAIN business partner.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-04-2015 at 09:29 PM.