Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I just cannot get into Calculating Infinity. Greg's vocals are what originally got me hooked on the album. I was hoping for some more groovier tracks kind of in the same vein as Crossburner and Happiness is a Smile.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think my favorite part of CI is just how wonderfully constructed it is. I think the sampling adds a ton to the songs, and its sequenced very well. Dimitri was a damn good vocalist, shame he hasn't done much of anything musically since DEP.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm sitting alone on my lifeguard stand jamming every Dillinger release from Under the Running Board thru OOUITK. Just finished Calculating and I forgot how fresh and vital it sounds. This will be a fun day.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I appreciate and like the songs on Calculating Infinity but prefer Greg over Dimitri SOOOOOOOOO much so I don't find myself listening much. if they re-recorded it with Greg I'd shit bricks.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    I think my favorite part of CI is just how wonderfully constructed it is. I think the sampling adds a ton to the songs, and its sequenced very well. Dimitri was a damn good vocalist, shame he hasn't done much of anything musically since DEP.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I just cannot get into Calculating Infinity. Greg's vocals are what originally got me hooked on the album. I was hoping for some more groovier tracks kind of in the same vein as Crossburner and Happiness is a Smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I appreciate and like the songs on Calculating Infinity but prefer Greg over Dimitri SOOOOOOOOO much so I don't find myself listening much. if they re-recorded it with Greg I'd shit bricks.
    i got into dillinger because of the Irony Is A Dead Scene EP (i was already a huge mike patton fan). then i saw them live before miss machine came out, and i was ready to hate greg (i didn't LOVE dimitri but i was just mad they weren't touring with mike), especially when they opened with Hollywood Squares, but he blew me the fuck away, and then miss machine came out and i was like THIS GUY. THIS FUCKING GUY! he has not disappointed me since. i think dillinger is a band that needs someone with a truly versatile voice, and dimitri didn't have that. all he could do was scream, and he wasn't even that great at it. greg is, in my opinion, one of the best vocalists (screaming or singing) working in the industry today. his range, emotion, versatility, and performing chops are hard to beat.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think that people tend to correlate Dimitri with the musical composition on Calculating Infinity. Hatebeak could have done the vocals and that record still would have been considered a classic. Greg's lyrics are often bleh but without a doubt his versatility as a vocals opened a lot of sonic doors for that band. Not to mention that he had to follow Patton to the dance.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New song premiering at 9pm BST/4pm EST/1pm PST today on Radio 1.

Also a new clip from the song here! Sounds like it's gonna be loud!
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 07-31-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so ready. One of Us is the Killer was awesome! Like the poster above said, I'd be ecstatic if they had some tracks in the same vein as Crossburner, which is the best on One of Us is the Killer, IMO. That being said, I'd be perfectly fine with a bit of experimenting similar to what they did on Ire Works, but it seems like Greg is getting his electronic outlets through The Black Queen.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Even from 20 seconds I love it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Linked two posts above yours

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I second this wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i got into dillinger because of the Irony Is A Dead Scene EP (i was already a huge mike patton fan). then i saw them live before miss machine came out, and i was ready to hate greg (i didn't LOVE dimitri but i was just mad they weren't touring with mike), especially when they opened with Hollywood Squares, but he blew me the fuck away, and then miss machine came out and i was like THIS GUY. THIS FUCKING GUY! he has not disappointed me since. i think dillinger is a band that needs someone with a truly versatile voice, and dimitri didn't have that. all he could do was scream, and he wasn't even that great at it. greg is, in my opinion, one of the best vocalists (screaming or singing) working in the industry today. his range, emotion, versatility, and performing chops are hard to beat.
    I don't know if this has been mentioned here before but, the collaboration between Devin Townsend and Greg on the song The Mighty Masturbator, is one of if not the best vocals Greg has ever done in my opinion.
    The song is a very long 16 minutes and is worthwhile to listen to completely but if you want to check out Greg's singing jump to 9:30 in the song.

Edit: VVVVVVVV That's was exactly what I was expecting, brutal and awesome. I can't wait for the single and album to come out.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 07-31-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New song premiering NOW!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Damn good stuff. Let me know if you need a PM of the .wav file.

Has Ire Works written all over it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Would love a PM since I am currently at work.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Really? Ire Works is my favorite album by them so this makes me happy.

Send me a PM, brooooooo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damnit! I was out shopping and missed it. Could I get a PM too Reznor? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah, I could definitely tell why you'd say that was from Ire Works influence. It reminds me of a cross between Prancer and the harder Ire Works songs like Horse Hunter and Party Smasher.

I want more now.

The beginning also reminds me of some doom metal tunes.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-31-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe

If you order the new album in vinyl and accidentally get two copies again you know who to call.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Limerent Death slays. Absolutely what I was hoping to hear. Simple enough

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    song rocks. heavy as fuck, and that speeding up part at the end is fucking cool. They should tour with Candiria & Meshuggah and laugh at everyone else in metal as being inferior musicians.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 08-01-2016 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Can't wait to hear the new album... also Dillinger is calling it quits after this tour

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/the-end-...nman-interview

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Can't wait to hear the new album... also Dillinger is calling it quits after this tour

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/the-end-...nman-interview
    DAMMIT! This blows but I respect their reasoning behind this decision. Now I'm making sure I'll see them this next tour.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm pretty bummed out about this. I actually might try to fly out to their final shows wherever that may be.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Such a huge bummer, but at least they won't turn into a shadow of themselves down the road.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Fuck me! I didn't not need this shit today...ughhhhh

I need a minute.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It's sad to see them go, but you just know that this last tour is going to be utterly crazy and I cannot wait to see it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    pause...

The Dillinger Escape Plan’s Greg Puciato: “No One In This Band Is Dumb Enough To Say Something’s Ever Really Done”

http://www.theprp.com/2016/08/05/new...r-really-done/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Finally, an official stream.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post

Finally, an official stream.

Alos available on Spotify, Amazon and iTunes.

Album available to pre-order on those sites as well.

Vinyl bundle preorders coming soon...