Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I wouldn't worry about not making it to this upcoming tour. They will for sure do more shows next year. I would put money on that, lol.
    I am okay with them calling it a day with the band. I applaud them wanting to take risks and try something else.
    But great band that I will miss

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    They said around 200 more shows. Sounds like the current tour, Europe, then maybe one last run in the US.
    This. Greg told a few of us as much after the DC9 show.

Also: holy fucking shit, I got to meet and hang with Greg after the DC9 show this past August. He saw a crew of us roll upstairs to the rooftop bar, broke from his crew, and shot the shit with us for a solid 20 mins. Talked TBQ (and offered a heartfelt thank you to me for bringing it up), this being the end of DEP, themes of songs/albums, etc. Also showed, on his phone, that they had about a dozen or two different versions of the final track off of Dissociation (he didn't play any, but a ton of variants.)

Anyway, it was so fucking cool, and a memory that I'll cherish. I thought I'd have been a lot more awestruck, but the guy was so open and awesome it was disarming. Such a humble and real human.

Oh, then we helped Liam, Billy and Kevin carry their gear downstairs to the van/trailer that they had rented for the tour.
    Last edited by the duder; 09-07-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    More of the same. Still good. Hard to judge by the short sample. Even Dillinger by the numbers is better than most new stuff out there that orbits a similar realm.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the...-dissociation/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    More of the same. Still good. Hard to judge by the short sample. Even Dillinger by the numbers is better than most new stuff out there that orbits a similar realm.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the...-dissociation/
    I don't know...it didn't sound like DEP by the numbers to my ears! Like the weird drumming...the beginning reminded me of Sigur Ros. The ending sounds a bit like Isis 'Wavering Radiant' era. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I don't know...it didn't sound like DEP by the numbers to my ears! Like the weird drumming...the beginning reminded me of Sigur Ros. The ending sounds a bit like Isis 'Wavering Radiant' era. Good stuff.
    yes to all of this. i am covered in goosebumps!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Maybe you're more right than I am. For as long as this band has been around there's bound to be similarities across tunes. One of the many things that I love about this band is how the recordings had a different vibe everytime around. From The super dry sound of Calculating Infinity to the roomy sonic qualities of Miss Machine. I feel that the sound has been engineered in the same fashion since Option Paralysis. Above all, that is the one thing I would change.

Also... I also had this question but never asked.

Is the "Miss" in Miss Machine supposed to be like "Miss, Mrs, Mr" or like "Hit or Miss" ?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed that. I'm excited for the new album.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Is the "Miss" in Miss Machine supposed to be like "Miss, Mrs, Mr" or like "Hit or Miss" ?
    I've never thought of this; interesting question. I've always thought of the former. Looking at the album art, maybe both?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Love the track. Can't wait for the rest of the album.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Another clip. This one's siiiiick.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKT7ab4AQsc/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Next track streaming at Revolver.
    http://www.theprp.com/2016/09/13/new...minal-illness/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like the song, don't understand the hate. I also do not understand the negative, ignorant comments on the band on these websites? I listened to the Blabbermouth version of the link and the hate on the comments is idiotic.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-14-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I like the song, don't understand the hate. I also do not understand the negative, ignorant comments on the band on these websites? I listened to the Blabbermouth version of the link and the hate on the comments is idiotic.
    Indeed. This guy knows what to do with the haters:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I listened to it once and was super underwhelmed. Nothing from this album so far has been anything to get excited about to me.

On a side note, I've been on a major Dillinger kick lately, mostly old stuff, but gave some of the new stuff another shot, for whatever reason "Ire Works" has been sitting better with me, at least some of it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    A good podcast with Ben Weinman, although some of the questions get too personal. Enjoy: http://www.metalsucks.net/2016/09/06...s-podcast-161/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    After a few days I LOVE that fucking song now. The i panic in dreams teaser had me pumped when they shared it on facebook. Loved to hear/see it's this song!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-26-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I hope this question is addressed in the next debate:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    listened to the Limerent Death 7" today. love the song. the instrumental / orchestral added version was really interesting. makes me wonder how cool it would be if dillinger did an S&M style thing (but obviously better than metallica pulled it off).

got both variations because i'm a weirdo

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    edit....

i retract my statement

enjoy...
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 10-12-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    it leaked!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great fucking album. Early faves are Fugue, Surragate, Honeysuckle, Nothing to Forget, and Dissociation. Manufacturing Discontent is the only track that feels bland to me. But seriously, Surrogate is amazing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbornefeline View Post
    it leaked!
    About time. I'm still buying the album Friday regardless.

Apologies Not Included rules. Fugue is everything I love about Ire Works kicked up a notch. Holy crap.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-12-2016 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Interesting track-by-track breakdown of the new album.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-10-...n-greg-puciato

This is definitely Ire Works Pt 2. Can't wait to see them Wednesday.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Psyched to see these guys next week.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just heard the new album, awesome stuff. Beyond fired up to see them on Tuesday even if it's likely the last time I do, since it'll also be my first time seeing them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've listened to the album about 15 times in the past few days since it leaked and i think it's safe to say this is a masterpiece. I especially love Limerent Death, Wanting Not so Much.., Honey Suckle, and the last 2 tracks. The perfect way to end Dillinger IMO. Nov. 1 will be one of the best days of my life.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not my favorite album by them but a definitive solid effort. Shame it might be the last one. D:

7.99 at Best Buy everyone, I got it for a good deal.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    After having time to listen multiple times and digest it, it falls a bit flat for me. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination but, as a whole, it feels unfocussed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listened to it twice yesterday, huge yawn, probably won't listen to it ever again. Cya later DEP, you waited too long to call it quits.