Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dillinger Escape Plan (Kill posers)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Greg doesn't get enough credit for being such a versatile vocalist.

Really enjoying the album despite the fact that it's almost a little too diverse, if that makes sense? Doesn't feel terribly cohesive from track to track.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    people who leak albums are assholes, and so are the people who listen to the leaks.

let the band determine when and how you get to hear it. it's their art, it's their plan. end of story.

the only reason it's out early is that someone leaked it and greg was trying to get ahead of that. i can't even imagine how disappointing of a feeling that must be.
    Does piracy suck? Yes. But I'll never blame anyone who has spent money on something wanting to hear it early. It's like what almost $300 worth of vinyl if someone bought all the varients?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Has anyone heard the song "The Morning I Found Out"....No digital download of that song anywhere on bandcamp. Its not on YT. No mention of anyone talking about it. Apparently its only on the 12 inch of Deep Set

https://www.discogs.com/Greg-Puciato...lease/15226204

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Does piracy suck? Yes. But I'll never blame anyone who has spent money on something wanting to hear it early. It's like what almost $300 worth of vinyl if someone bought all the varients?
    Agreed. I bought that album day one announcement. I have no problems downloading the leak. Dude already got my money and waiting until February to listen to it on vinyl? Not fuckin happening. Why wait until it hits digital streams? No artist is sitting there saying "the only way people can properly enjoy my music is by waiting until 12am and listening to it on Spotify. I highly HIGHLY doubt any actual artist in it for the art of making music gives a shit about waiting for corporate decided release dates. If the music is complete, and people are downloading it early and getting hyped on it, how is that not a positive thing. If it's an unfinished album that gets leaked, yeah that's some bullshit and violates the music itself. But seriously, if an album is finished and ready to be listened to by the masses, and it's just sitting on a harddrive waiting for months to hit a release window when the record label thinks they'll get maximum sales, then fuck it man. Download away.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    That argument isn't a 1:1 though. Someone who has already paid for the album downloading a leak? Sure, whatever. Someone who may have streamed it a handful of times but will instead just listen to their pirated copy is a different story. Revenue, no matter how small, is revenue.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    That argument isn't a 1:1 though. Someone who has already paid for the album downloading a leak? Sure, whatever. Someone who may have streamed it a handful of times but will instead just listen to their pirated copy is a different story. Revenue, no matter how small, is revenue.
    That's why I was agreeing to RJK on downloading the leak after already having purchased it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Has anyone heard the song "The Morning I Found Out"....No digital download of that song anywhere on bandcamp. Its not on YT. No mention of anyone talking about it. Apparently its only on the 12 inch of Deep Set

https://www.discogs.com/Greg-Puciato...lease/15226204
    yes, it's very good, and very pretty. similar to some of the more ambient segues from TBQ. it didn't even come with a download for those of us who purchased the vinyl, unfortunately.

in response to everyone: look, i get it. you're excited about the music. yes, you paid for it. but like...idunno, remember that this is music being made by a DIY artist who wants you to experience it a certain way. disregarding that makes me (as a musician) feel shitty. idunno. sorry i called people assholes, i just feel really bad for greg.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Greg’s statement about the leak:

”I can't believe this is a thing someone thought would be cool to do to an independent artist in 2020, but some dipshit reviewer(we know who it was, they’re individually watermarked, he’s already being dealt with etc) leaked my record two days ago. Pretty cool dude, I hope you feel like the cool kid in school now. Younger me would've put his name out there for everyone to see, but hey guy...it's all good. You do you.

What we ARE doing is using it as an example of how to be adaptable and flexible and roll with the punches, so we're releasing the high quality digital version of the record now on Bandcamp, and the streaming sites(Spotify, Apple, etc) will get the record on Friday, October 9th. Shit happens and you gotta move quick to adapt. I don’t mind a little chaos. Would I like everyone to go grab a high quality digital copy or check it out next Friday streaming? Yeah, that'd be cool. I’d much prefer what I’ve been working on creating, recording, and readying for the last 18 months to be heard in an actual high quality format from front to back rather than some low quality rip from some goober’s leak. Either way, happy October, the record's out three weeks early.

Vinyl will still be shipping around the original release date of October 23rd. We still have some copies of the European variant and the Australian variant left...feel free to check 'em out, along with various pieces of merch. You can find those links at the Federal Prisoner website, along with a link to the Bandcamp if you wanna grab the highest quality digital now. Linking that below as well, because that’s the most important part for me right now. I just want everyone to hear the record the way it was intended to be heard.

We're also cooking up something cool and related....I can't really spill the beans on that yet....but will do so very very soon.

So to recap: fuck piracy, fuck that dude that leaked my record, support independent arts and culture(more now than ever), the album's out now, some other shit is gonna be announced soon, hope you're all staying sane and safe, keep your wits about you and have some empathy and tolerance for one another, and stay intolerant of being turned against each other.

GP”

Biggest take away: he says the vinyl will still be shipping in late October!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    yes, it's very good, and very pretty. similar to some of the more ambient segues from TBQ. it didn't even come with a download for those of us who purchased the vinyl, unfortunately.
    Mine had a download card inside it that had all the tracks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Other shit being announced. Hopefully it’s new TBQ. Or a real pipe dream, Dillinger reforming.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Really dig the album - can definitely see that he had TBQ#3 in the works and I guess decided that it fit better juxtaposed to the heavier elements.

Gunna take some time to digest but thus far: two thumbs up

To clarify: listening on Bandcamp and not the leak. Pre-ordered vinyl.
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 10-02-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Other shit being announced. Hopefully it’s new TBQ. Or a real pipe dream, Dillinger reforming.
    Maybe a live performance stream of his solo tracks?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    The album is pretty good for the most part, but the heavier tracks just don't mesh very well with the Black Queen style material. Kind of gave me aural whiplash to be honest. Maybe that was the point?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Bought the record for Bandcamp Day today. Phenomenal work.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    The album is pretty good for the most part, but the heavier tracks just don't mesh very well with the Black Queen style material. Kind of gave me aural whiplash to be honest. Maybe that was the point?
    queue the alternative track orders! i haven't listened yet but i'm guessing there's a way to split it into two mini-albums? one "side" for the loud stuff, one "side" for the quiet stuff (a la david bowie's "heroes" & "low")?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    queue the alternative track orders! i haven't listened yet but i'm guessing there's a way to split it into two mini-albums? one "side" for the loud stuff, one "side" for the quiet stuff (a la david bowie's "heroes" & "low")?
    It might feel a bit lopsided since the Black Queen-esque material is more prominent, at least to my ears.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    It might feel a bit lopsided since the Black Queen-esque material is more prominent, at least to my ears.
    1 short album, 1 EP? hahaha

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    If DEP ever reforms, my guess is it would be with Dimitri on vox. Don't think Greg is bff with those guys anymore. Ben meanwhile is still on great terms with Dimitri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That would be preferable. That Choir Boy track was better than anything Dillinger had done for awhile in my opinion.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I didn't know anything about the album leak until I looked more closely today through my emails from the last few days and read Greg's message. Shitty.

But anyhoo, I had preordered the album and heard the released singles and everything and this album isn't really what I expected. Listened through a couple times now. BRoswell's "aural whiplash" comment is perfect... However, I still really really love this overall. Really love Temporary Object, Fireflies, Evacuation. Definitely feels like some TBQ kind of material.

Hope that the related something he can't reveal yet is more TBQ. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll check out the album on Bandcamp. I'll wait for my record to ship because I don't got much choice haha.

That sucks though to hear the news about.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    As others have stated, the album is far different from my expectations based on the singles. In a good way. Real glad I pre-ordered this now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man, I hear so much of a early era NIN Reznor on these tracks. It's fucking great.

It feels pretty grab bag in terms of style in the same way that The Cure's Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me does.
    Last edited by ZeroSum; 10-08-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    If DEP ever reforms, my guess is it would be with Dimitri on vox. Don't think Greg is bff with those guys anymore. Ben meanwhile is still on great terms with Dimitri

seems as though Greg and Ben are fine. I don’t think they’d reform without Greg.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    seems as though Greg and Ben are fine. I don’t think they’d reform without Greg.
    Agreed. I think they had the typical internal band bickering but thats not why they split. Greg didnt want DEP to end...

Regarding Greg's solo album -- after more listens...I am glued to it. Such a great album and mix of emotions and sounds. And by the way.... Evacuation is great. Love the lyrical nod to Prancer. The beginning of the song reminded me of another song and I couldn't pin point it and then realized I was thinking of "Is Your Love Strong Enough" cover by HTDA. I went and watched the end credits of Dragon Tattoo on mute and played this and it works.

Only track I don't dig is Roach Hiss. Not sure what it is but I still listen to it every time I listen through the album.

EDIT:

NOTE ON THE VINYL (FROM BANDCAMP) - I noticed the bandcamp order page says: Estimated to ship January 26, 2021 and estimated to arrive by February 9, 2021 but the actual bandcamp album page says: ALL VARIANTS AND PHYSICAL VERSIONS WILL SHIP AROUND OCTOBER 23RD.

I emailed Steve, label manager for Federal Prisoner to get clarification (no not because I am impatient, because I am moving states in the next couple of months and want to change my address before if need be)... his response was:

We had a few delays with production due to the state of the world. We are looking at these to ship shortly after October 23rd. We should have it to ya before december….Likely Mid November.

Last edited by Reznor2112; 10-09-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Child Soldier is a great album and it feels like a compilation of all of Greg's projects and performances in one package. The tracklisting and flow is a bit weird in some areas and the songs don't fit together back to back but otherwise awesome.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    https://www.revolvermag.com/music/gr...timate-freedom

Good interview with Greg. He also shuts down any hopes of a DEP reunion but then throws in a possibility of a reunion several years down the road

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Loving this new album from Greg. A great display of his many talents. However I still have no idea what I'm looking at, in regards to the cover art
    Last edited by Soma; 10-17-2020 at 12:21 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    Loving this new album from Greg. A great display of his many talents. However I still have no idea what I'm looking at, in regards to the cover art
    I've assumed it was a black and white photo of flames, but honestly who the hell knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I've assumed it was a black and white photo of flames, but honestly who the hell knows.
    Wait, I assumed it's simply a child? Maybe his younger self?