Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    we have an ETS crew @ericy210 http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/hard_as_nails

I haven't been able to play with my friends yet and it takes ages to load but once I get into online it works great, I'm having a blast so far. I don't know why some people are so upset not being able to play live, virtually every AAA title is like this on launch day, and given the scale of this game and how many people are trying to play, I'll bet it's going to be this way through the weekend. It'll probably pick up a LITTLE BIT soon, but not much.

*edit* I'm having some issues with my Crew management though, specifically changing the emblem. Every time I publish a new emblem to my crew it doesn't load properly, displays as a broken image for a sec and then goes back to the last emblem we had. I'm sure that'll come together soon enough too, though.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 10-01-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I don't know why some people are so upset not being able to play live, virtually every AAA title is like this on launch day, and given the scale of this game and how many people are trying to play, I'll bet it's going to be this way through the weekend. It'll probably pick up a LITTLE BIT soon, but not much.
    Of course and we've come to expect it but to be honest, it shouldn't be something we're intended to expect. In the past, the game I bought on launch and what was advertised was the final product worked and nothing was missing or unfinished that needed a patch.

I bought a game full price the day after launch and to not have a part of it working just seems like lazy, unfocused shoved out the door material. I appreciate they released it 6 months behind schedule to further fine tune it but to release it and not have the online go live 2 weeks after launch and on launch day it still doesn't equal the full game that I bought due to widespread server failures? I'm not mad or 'butthurt' but I don't see why they weren't ontop of this. This isn't Activision or any other company. Rockstar takes pride in their shit in top form. I'll just say I'm disappointed by the experience thus far.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just joined hard as nails or whatever. wethermen on ps3.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Oh good, a PS3 system update.

Anyway, trying again in a few minutes. FernandoDante13

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Nothing doing for half an hour, so I played some golf.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks to everybody who joined hard as nails.
    its a xbox and ps3 crew but that does not matter everybody gets the xp and unlockable stuff together.
    thats what is cool about it ,everyone will get ranked up till the spaces are full so tell your friends to join.
    my tag on xbox is halo collector if you want to be friends .
    and anybody wants to do logos you can you have the power .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just joined guys - kingbardlive

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Joined to the crew too. My nick is Ax_Mr_L on social club and my xbox gamertag is ohGr5.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Joined the crew

Xbox - kdrlunchbox

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    What's the name of the ets crew? And could I be a a part of more than one crew?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    What's the name of the ets crew? And could I be a a part of more than one crew?
    Hard As Nails. There was a link on the previous page I believe.

Anyway, finally managed to get into the tutorial.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The crew is called hard as nails. I couldn't find it by searching but there's a direct link to it on the last page of this thread.

I think you can be in like 5 crews? Something like that

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Alright I'm in.

Cubanmislcrysis is my tag on Xbox.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Warning to people playing on the PS3: Don't bother playing this online until they get their shit together. Not only did my online character somehow get deleted, but it corrupted my single player save data and made it impossible to switch characters in the main game. Rockstar fucked up big with this.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Warning to people playing on the PS3: Don't bother playing this online until they get their shit together. Not only did my online character somehow get deleted, but it corrupted my single player save data and made it impossible to switch characters in the main game. Rockstar fucked up big with this.
    My online character got corrupted as well, but I had no idea my single player game was in jeopardy. I'll be more careful.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Does it still prevent you from switching characters if you start a new game?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I backed up my single player save file for safety sake and I'm about to say fuck you to Online for a long, long time. It's preposterous that everyone on my friends list can access the shit and I can't. I've went through on main menu, trying to connect via in game menu with Go and solo session and done every other suggested method. Broken garbage for me for some reason and nothing works.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Your files are fine after a restart and re load of the game. The cloud servers are what is causing your online char to disappear since it is obviously saved on there.

Two weeks and a billion dollar profit and they still managed not to have things ready.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Two weeks and a billion dollar profit and they still managed not to have things ready.
    That's why I find this crap a joke and ridiculous. Yeah, sure we expected issues and yes there is a lot of people but they had the time and resources to make sure it worked properly on day one. They should've postponed the shit a month with a new announcement date to make sure it worked 100% before releasing it. Releasing it as a broken mess, they have pissed off patrons/customers and have to contend with a fiasco of scrambling to fix it ASAP in a few days time, which most likely won't happen. They should've just announced it yesterday they needed more time (a month good enough leeway???) to make sure it was ready and no one would have glitches, messed up save files and a tainted image of the online experience. I know it's irrational and foolish but this has tarnished my opinion of the Online aspect of this game which will contribute to the life span of this game for me.

With me its always been:

Online/Co-op/Multiplayer >>>>>> Single Player Games

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The online's pretty fun once you get in!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    It really seemed to clear up a LOT last night around 11-12pm, I guess most people had gone to bed or whatever by then. I had no problems with it at all.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    was like that for Final Fantasy 14 for weeks before, and that had extensive beta server stress tests and a much smaller population. GTA:Online is an MMO more or less, so you have to expect it to have a rocky launch.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm probably going to hold off from going online until the weekend. I'm sure they'll fix the issues at some point.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Apart from a 45 minute loading screen and having to do the tedious tutorial missions twice because my initial go at it yesterday didn't save, it ran like a dream for me! Tons of fun.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Haha. GTA V online ate my previous character now my character looks like a transgender Heisenberg. Not complaining, I just find it funny. Still waiting on the first mission though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just joined "Hard as Nails" PS3 crew. PSN: Ruined. I'll be active once I can actually get on-line; so far, played the prologue/race far too many times due to connection problems.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Finished the game!

I didn't go with the cheapest crew members so 50% of the haul went to them. I think each character ended up with 24 mil? I later found out u can just pick shitty people and walk away with 36 mil, i think. Oh well, I did the assassin missions while playing the market and got everyone up to 2 billion dollars so I'm set anyway.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That is where I fucked up. I didn't really play the market right so I made little money off those missions.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I didn't really know how to work the market...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    The BAWSAQ market is influenced a bit by other players buying & selling, the LCN market is influenced by events that happen in single-player, like certain missions or, say you blow up a bunch of Cluck'n Bell trucks, their stock will drop, and then you can buy it while it's low. IIRC the stock values update every 2 hours so you can wreak havoc on a company from 4pm-6pm, buy a bunch of stock between 6 and 8, then check back every couple of hours to see how it's doing. AFAIK the LCN stock won't change while you're not playing, but BAWSAQ goes round the clock so you have to be a little more careful with your gambling, but on reddit and the GTA forum's everyone's kind of agreed to just dump all of their money into 1 stock for a week and then mass sell it during a 2-hour window on the weekend, and start over next week with a cheap company. That's why PISWASSER is (or was until recently) the most expensive stock on the market, it went from like $3 a share to $15 over a just a few days.