Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I plan on going home tonight, create about 10 different accounts and transferring 10 million to each account and then buy 10 adders/fully mod them.
    That way when they wipe my cash I can sell the adders and transfer the cash back to my main.
    Nope. You can't sell cars valued over 50k anymore. Buy something cheaper maybe and you can have 500k per account, that is assuming that they don't wipe vehicles and weapons too.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Nope. You can't sell cars valued over 50k anymore. Buy something cheaper maybe and you can have 500k per account, that is assuming that they don't wipe vehicles and weapons too.
    If you buy cars from the online shop after 1.07 you can sell them, there was a HUGE exploit that allowed people to do an alternate LSC glitch with adders at over 600k a pop that was hysterical. Required someone to be in your garage and it produces what you saw in my garage.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Remember if you use exploits you can be banned though. Is it worth the risk?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Exploits shouldn't be punishable. It's there, their fault and is fair game. Glitches on the other hand, punish that type of money gathering.

Either way, if they made the money making easier on this game, people wouldn't go these tactics.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-28-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: their there

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    My single player save with the completed game won't load. Was hoping to complete the game 100% and now I'm fucked. Playing through again though so we'll see.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Exploits shouldn't be punishable. It's their, their fault and is fair game. Glitches on the other hand, punish that type of money gathering.

Either way, if they made the money making easier on this game, people wouldn't go these tactics.
    But some of the glitching is through exploits?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    No. It is not worth the risk. GTAonline is a lot of fun when played as intended by Rock* imo. I've read so many people bitching about not getting heists, but perhaps we would have different modes of play already if R* weren't too busy patching exploits.
    Last edited by somethingelse; 12-28-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    To be honest they haven't "banned" a single person since they released the game, and they won't be banning anyone in the traditional sense. They're just going to be putting people in the bad sport pool, which to me sounds AWESOME. Billion dollar bounties, god mode and tanks EVERYWHERE.

I'm kinda hoping they put me in there.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    No, they're going to be outright banning people for glitching, cheater's pool is for lesser offences like bug abuse

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Well we won't know until one of you comes in here whining about being banned...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    They haven't banned anyone yet, but for the first month or so people who were repeat offenders of exploits were having their accounts deleted. I'm assuming they're still doing that but I haven't been online in ages.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I assume this all is going to come with the next patch, the one that will fix the exploits

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    No, they're going to be outright banning people for glitching, cheater's pool is for lesser offences like bug abuse
    I'm not calling you a liar, but I don't recall reading that anywere. Source?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    After not touching Online for like a month or more, the last 3 days I spent playing it. It's still boring. I'm honestly not sure I'll even make it past level 20 because everything just feels some mundane. I'm getting tired of Simeon's bullshit car missions, and also being forced to playing TDM or LMS because they're "missions." I'm also starting to think that by the time the heists are released, no one will even be playing this anymore.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    After not touching Online for like a month or more, the last 3 days I spent playing it. It's still boring. I'm honestly not sure I'll even make it past level 20 because everything just feels some mundane. I'm getting tired of Simeon's bullshit car missions, and also being forced to playing TDM or LMS because they're "missions." I'm also starting to think that by the time the heists are released, no one will even be playing this anymore.
    I'm with you, the sole thing keeping me from trading it in is drunken drive-by fests with my friend whenever he feels like playing cuz that's the only thing that makes it worth playing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I jumped ship from the online with this months ago. Doubt I'll return either, even for achievements and playing with friends, I'm sure I'll find better shit to play instead. I do now and continue to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I haven't really played this since the first 2 weeks it was out. I was all psyched to get back into it tonight, and then I started playing, and it just crashes on me when I try to go on a particular mission. Screen freezes. Music keeps playing. Have to reboot the PS3 with the button on the system. Happened twice in a row. I'm kinda annoyed, I wanted to actually finish the storyline in this game.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This has been happening a lot recently. I had the odd occasion of freezes on xbox, but now it's frequent. I was changing clothes and it froze. I've gone to start a job and have been stuck in limbo (the top down view). Frustrating, but perhaps R* are testing new coding to fix exploits or something. I don't know.
    I'd say wait for the upcoming patch before trying again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    well, it was a heist setup mission, I tried one more time with a different character and it worked, so I guess it was just bugged with Franklin or something. Anyway, hoping it doesn't happen too often, I want to finally finish the single player on this soon.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I got GTA5 on sale the day after x-mas, and went back to my old ways. With GTA3 onward, I usually play missions for a few hours, then just have open world fun. I've really taken to using it as a photography sim... I'm kinda embarrassed...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    My single player save with the completed game won't load. Was hoping to complete the game 100% and now I'm fucked. Playing through again though so we'll see.
    Somehow it's working now! Stunt jumps here I come...

EDIT: Anyone know if I can still go hunting, even though Trevor's dead? Is it an achievement or something?
    Last edited by bruised; 01-04-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Update: Still have my billion, still have all my cars, not banned or in bad sport lobby.

Also my custom plate finally showed up as an option 2 months into this game last night.
    My plates are now NINFTW

Ha!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Somehow it's working now! Stunt jumps here I come...

EDIT: Anyone know if I can still go hunting, even though Trevor's dead? Is it an achievement or something?
    If you chose a kill ending, you can no longer do that character's missions. However it won't count against your 100%, though it will totally count against fun. Which is why I don't understand why anyone would choose anyhting but save everyone :P
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Update: Still have my billion, still have all my cars, not banned or in bad sport lobby.

Also my custom plate finally showed up as an option 2 months into this game last night.
    My plates are now NINFTW

Ha!
    They haven't rolled the update out yet dude. Also, ugh, I wish I could use the iFruit app, it sucks that they haven't made it usable from desktop (shitty windows 8 apps don't count)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Also, ugh, I wish I could use the iFruit app, it sucks that they haven't made it usable from desktop (shitty windows 8 apps don't count)
    The iFruit app is worthless, you're not missing anything. I wish there were a way to buy and sell stocks on the bawsac via the app though.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I want to be able to use chop and to have custom plates though. Also, 100% online completion requires using the iFruit app at least once :\

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Received an email from R* today:

...'We have deployed several hotfixes to prevent this type of activity, and will be adding further cheat protection in future Title Updates as well. Players who willingly cheated to create this illegitimate influx of in-game currency have been separated out from the rest of the population and we are continuing to monitor for suspicious activity. If you were the unwilling recipient of an impossibly large amount of GTA$, you do not need to worry about us taking action against your account. However, please be aware that we will be making community-wide automatic adjustments to players’ account balances to remove the modded money'...

...'Please note that we are not currently accepting appeals for players banned or in the Cheater Pool for transferring modded cash to others, and we are not able to remove these cash gifts on a case-by-case basis. Account balance adjustments will occur system-wide to undo these gifts.'...

'Community-wide adjustments' sounds like we could all be reset back to welfare.
    Last edited by somethingelse; 01-08-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    So 1.09 came out.
    Still have my garage.
    Still have my billion.
    Not in any cheaters pool.

Hm.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/01/15...ed-for-tonight

So apparently, tonight they're taking the GTA online servers offline for 24 hours starting at 9 p.m. Eastern tonight for "maintenance". Could this be when they take everyone's millions away and make everyone broke again? Curious to see what happens.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by substanceabuse View Post
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/01/15...ed-for-tonight

So apparently, tonight they're taking the GTA online servers offline for 24 hours starting at 9 p.m. Eastern tonight for "maintenance". Could this be when they take everyone's millions away and make everyone broke again? Curious to see what happens.

Haha I just came to post about it, I think I may have spoken too soon.

The end is near!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    According to my social club stats, I now have $550,000. Which is good because the game world is back on track. Bad because I had honestly earned over two million.