Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Just checked my Social Club account, my billions are gone. I think @sheepdean owes me a "i told you so"

Feels bad man haha

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    We got to keep our cars apparently, which is nice. I've got 400k left which isn't too bad, a little less than I think I had but getting a full garage and fully modded all weapons I could access is fair for a couple grand :P

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I went and bought every pegasus vehicle, all the cloths/masks and dumped a shit ton of cash into my secondary account and then bought 10 adders and garaged them so that should be a little nest egg waiting for me.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I went and bought every pegasus vehicle
    Still annoyed that cargobob, the best non-weaponised flying vehicle, can't be bought

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Stunt jumps complete. On to the shuttle parts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i spend most of my time in gta v blowing shit up, and i've pretty much lost all hope for finishing the story now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The game looked cool but got boring within one week of gameplay.

It suffers yet again from GTA IV of being all shiny graphics and not much fun. However the controllers are loosened up a bit, and it's not as stiff and clunky as GTA IV. But it still has the same problem as that game as in the fucking storyline is taken way too seriously and is for the most part, boring. I don't give a fuck about three psychopathic characters and the troubles and struggles they go through when Character A is a narcissistic classic sociopath that loves yelling at his family, Character B is an out of control psychopath that does crazy shit (and easily the most memorable), and Character C is your stereotypical black "gangsta" character.

The story can't decide if it wants to be a parody of crime (like everything before GTA IV when it was not taken seriously at all) or if it wants to be a serious Martin Scorcese or Michael Mann rip off story that is extremely predictable and weak.

Rockstar blows at putting stories in their games, and they should have figured this out by now. The writing sucks, period. Dan Houser cannot write a story whatsoever. People don't play GTA to see a psychopathic murderer like Niko Bellic or the three amigos in GTA V humanized and made to root for (while they kill all these people and not counting the kills not in missions). They play the games to blow shit up, steal cars, run over old ladies, kill cops, etc etc. A game named after a goddamn first degree felony should not take itself seriously whatsoever.

The controlled environment is not much fun anymore since they had to sacrifice the fun elements to add realism and the graphics for people to drool at. That's the main issue with this series ever since GTA IV came into the picture. I don't give a fuck about the wind blowing or the mind numbing graphics, I want to go blow shit up and not have stiff ass controls. Getting in police chases is not much fun anymore since as soon as you evade the 1 star, you get an automatic 2 star and instead of the police beating you with sticks and running after you, now they immediately go for their guns and go for the kill. The shoot outs are already exhausting enough since if you are not careful, you'll die very quickly.

This game series would sell regardless what it is just because it has the name Grand Theft Auto on it, and because the kids want something to piss their parents off, all that "bad" shit they aren't supposed to be looking at, and Rockstar went incredibly overboard with that stuff in this game. The strip club mini game and the extensive nudity was totally pointless unless you are a kid and have never seen a pair of tits in your face before. I'm to the point where I believe they throw this shit in there just to piss off those stupid ass people that scream BAN everytime they see something they don't like (classic conservatives - they hate political correctness as in being told not to use racial slurs but they are all ban ban ban when it's Hollywood, games or music that upsets them) and that torture mission did a good job of making them piss their pants and scream about it.
    Last edited by Tony Gordon; 05-06-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Really? So you thought red read redemption s story sucked??

I thought the single of GTA was fine, its just the multiplayer is boring as all hell.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i still pop it on from time to time and get into huge shootouts with cops. its fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Really? So you thought red read redemption s story sucked??

I thought the single of GTA was fine, its just the multiplayer is boring as all hell.
    I agree. I was so excited about the multiplayer but it just takes so long to load and the execution didn't flow with me at all. Still love GTA 5 though. Such amazing detail.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...-online-heists

Online heists are delayed yet again. At this point they might as well not even bother.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm hoping it will be ready by the next gen launch. Which seems like its going into that direction.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm hoping it will be ready by the next gen launch. Which seems like its going into that direction.
    I wouldn't doubt it. As if the billions of dollars they made meant nothing, they'll re-release it and the Online Heists will be there just in time for the next gen release. Despicable if it truly does happen. I still firmly think they should've blown off the September 18th release and just waited another month and a half to release it on the Xbox One and PS4 systems. I mean, about two months wouldn't have killed anyone. Looks like they're just lining fatassed wallets with the re-release. It's obvious the 360 and PS3 were inferior to run the game's high maintenance standards.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    What's more important is if we are going to have to shoot another 50 or we get the 10 dollar upgrade deal.

If I have to pay full for the same game, then just shame on rock star.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    What's more important is if we are going to have to shoot another 50 or we get the 10 dollar upgrade deal.

If I have to pay full for the same game, then just shame on rock star.
    I can bet there won't be a $10.00 upgrade since the game will be close to a year if not over a year old. If they do, I'll be surprised.

I traded this game for good money anyways. I hit a snag in the single player game save I had and ceased playing it and shelved it. I sold it not too long ago for 30.00. I'll buy for the 360 again, but when it's much, much, much cheaper.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it. As if the billions of dollars they made meant nothing, they'll re-release it and the Online Heists will be there just in time for the next gen release. Despicable if it truly does happen. I still firmly think they should've blown off the September 18th release and just waited another month and a half to release it on the Xbox One and PS4 systems. I mean, about two months wouldn't have killed anyone. Looks like they're just lining fatassed wallets with the re-release. It's obvious the 360 and PS3 were inferior to run the game's high maintenance standards.
    Agree on all points. They make all that money and can't figure out how to get heists working almost a year after release? Something they advertised as a big selling point for the online before the game even came out. It's complete bullshit and I'm sure the heists will just happen to be ready the second it releases on PS4/Xbone.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Just look at some sites. 60 bucks.

Fuck that.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Its so crazy how video game companies are just finding new ways to be bigger dicks these days. Bought a next gen system give a fucking next gen gane not this rehash bullshit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Its so crazy how video game companies are just finding new ways to be bigger dicks these days. Bought a next gen system give a fucking next gen gane not this rehash bullshit.
    Lazy, easy money. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of buying HD remakes and re-releases but if people continue to do it they're gonna keep it up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So the mission Covenant was easy to farm for 18k and a bunch of RP in 5 minutes. The latest update changed it so it's a lot harder and takes a lot longer. It's like they don't want me to play their game

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It's not a rehash, it SHOULD have been released on next gen on release date but wasn't for some reason.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Has anyone else had difficulty getting the third nuclear waste barrel by Del Perro Pier? I get close to where the sonar says to go but I'm about another 2 seconds of holding the right trigger down from running the sub aground.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It's not a rehash, it SHOULD have been released on next gen on release date but wasn't for some reason.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Can't get much more honest than that haha

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Coveted
    Rooftop Rumble
    Rooftop Rumble
    Coveted
    Rooftop Rumble
    Coveted
    Coveted
    Rooftop Rumble
    Rooftop Rumble
    Rooftop Rumble

It would be nice if there were unlock-able missions past levels 100, 150, 200. With greater difficulty and cash/RP.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'll be honest, I'm tempted to buy it for PS4 when it comes out, depending on the price and my financial situation, because dem graphix.
    (Because I have a GTAV photo tumblr. http://snapmaticphoto.tumblr.com Don't mind the recent re-blogs of real life photography.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If anyone's interested, I made a little GTA Online crew relating to NIN a bit. I tried to call it The Resistance, but I guess that name was taken, so it's called Art Is Resistance. The logo is a square version of the Year Zero flag, and anyone can join, I believe, so hope to get some NIN fans in the group!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misternegative View Post
    If anyone's interested, I made a little GTA Online crew relating to NIN a bit. I tried to call it The Resistance, but I guess that name was taken, so it's called Art Is Resistance. The logo is a square version of the Year Zero flag, and anyone can join, I believe, so hope to get some NIN fans in the group!
    LITTLE late to the party, the unofficial ETS group is Hard As Nails :/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Double all RP all weekend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    LITTLE late to the party, the unofficial ETS group is Hard As Nails :/
    Oh, my bad! Not sure if you're allowed to be in multiple crews, but will join that one if I can. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Unable to find Hard As Nails. Mind giving me a link? The closest one I see is hardasnailsandbolts, which has one member in it.
    Last edited by misternegative; 08-02-2014 at 01:25 AM.