Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    to paraphrase Django Unchained...
    Now they have my attention.

Lets hope it all hangs together because there was a LOT of stuff in there... there was me thinking 'Maybe I'll get Saints Row 4 instead...'

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Looks incredible.
    Really, what else needs to be said?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hmm, this video spiked my interest some for getting it on Launch...I'll think it over.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Game looks damn immense.

Probably only scratches the surface too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Really, what else needs to be said?
    I know...lol

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm still not convinced that this is on current generation console. I might have to wait to see which is better on which system. They should have waited till the next gen consoles released to put this one out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    apparently thats the ps3 version.
    and the money makes sense of the format choices, why try and sell a few million on the new consoles when you can sell 10 million+ on the old ones?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So many people on Twitter complaining about the trailer being shown on current gen. I hate this generation of gamers.

2003 gamers: 'Awesome! Can't wait to play this! It'll be tons of fun.'

2013 gamers: 'Fuck this shit. Why the fuck would they do it on current gen? So dumb, etc etc'

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    So many people on Twitter complaining about the trailer being shown on current gen. I hate this generation of gamers.

2003 gamers: 'Awesome! Can't wait to play this! It'll be tons of fun.'

2013 gamers: 'Fuck this shit. Why the fuck would they do it on current gen? So dumb, etc etc'
    Who gives a shit? I'd be glad to get this on any console. I don't see what the big damn deal is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah I don't know why people are complaining it has been known for a while this game was coming out for the current gen. Sure maybe in the future it'll hit up the next gen consoles but I am more than glad to get this on day one and play it on my PS3, my brothers pre ordered the game for me during Christmas. So this will have my attention until the new systems come out and maybe longer. Can't wait looks insane.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It looks good. No surprises there. The video teally proved the character swapping thing. It looks neat. It will probably solve the gta pacing issues. Comes out a month after saints row 4 though. I guess theyre different enough these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't get the complaints either.. I'm happy that I'll be able to play it on my PS3, means that I have more time left to save money for the PS4

Thanks to the trailer I have a feeling that I'll really enjoy this one. Can't wait!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They released details today on the Multiplayer aspect of the game. Here is the trailer:

Guess it won't be available until October 1st.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 08-15-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Time to get this thread back up. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Sheepdean suggested starting a Social Club crew. Any name suggestions?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Club Echo?

Edit: who's all getting it for ps3? Plus, I wonder if there's a limit on groups.
    Last edited by Piko; 09-14-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'll be gaming on PS3. I believe the crews we created in Max Payne 3 are supposed to carry-over to GTA V. Since I haven't been active on MP3 in quite a while, I'm sure my crew is near empty and/or I've been kicked from other crews. I can't wait to play this, next week and get back into multi-player, when it becomes available!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I'll be gaming on PS3. I believe the crews we created in Max Payne 3 are supposed to carry-over to GTA V. Since I haven't been active on MP3 in quite a while, I'm sure my crew is near empty and/or I've been kicked from other crews. I can't wait to play this, next week and get back into multi-player, when it becomes available!
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Club Echo?

Edit: who's all getting it for ps3? Plus, I wonder if there's a limit on groups.
    Yup, PS3 here too. I've still got MP3 and tried the multiplayer today. Severely less populated nowadays.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My PSN's LordPiko for those who don't have it. The MP on this one looks like a more modern Red Dead. You were able to group up/posse and just around run wild and do whatever you wanted, just about. I can only imagine they're building from that, but more refined and with a wide variety of activities. Seems like someone can say "Hey, lets go skydiving!", and you could go skydiving, just like that. MP is going to be a total time consumer

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    PS3 here as well. PSN is Dantes2646. I really can't wait for this game. I have been this excited for a game since Arkham City. I hope it blows me away and my expectations are really high.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    PSN: Ruined
    Look forward to team skydiving, racing, everything else!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Grand Theft Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    PSN: Ruined
    Look forward to team skydiving, racing, everything else!
    Oddly enough, I might be more excited for that than the actual single player, which I know will bs nothing short of awesome. Come on tuesday!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    PSN - wethermen. Midnight release too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    PSN- Uriko007

Picking it up sometime tomorrow, can't believe it's already coming out, thought it was coming out midway through October for some reason.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Added all you guys. My PSN is FernandoDante13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    rage1983 if anyone is on xbox

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I think it's really interesting that both of the "negative" reviews out there criticize the morality of the game.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...ew-People-Suck

http://www.gamespot.com/grand-theft-...eview-6414475/

I haven't played the game yet, but from what I've read everywhere else, it doesn't differ that much from previous games. You're a stone-cold killer - well, three of them this time. As for misogyny, remember how GTA IV included a relationship with a female character that didn't fit into visual stereotypes and didn't even have sex with the main character? Maybe people forget that.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Seems like your typical gta game... what else are people expecting? You buy gta, you get gta.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Someone on my friends list has this game already. I bet after today 3/4ths of my friends will be playing it.

I however will not.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Given the size of the game, I'm expecting a long install time of a couple of hours. I'll probably go to the midnight release just so I'll be able to install it by tomorrow, heh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    I think it's really interesting that both of the "negative" reviews out there criticize the morality of the game.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...ew-People-Suck

http://www.gamespot.com/grand-theft-...eview-6414475/

I haven't played the game yet, but from what I've read everywhere else, it doesn't differ that much from previous games. You're a stone-cold killer - well, three of them this time. As for misogyny, remember how GTA IV included a relationship with a female character that didn't fit into visual stereotypes and didn't even have sex with the main character? Maybe people forget that. As for GTA V, I'm pretty indifferent. Not saying it wouldn't be fun but I have too many other things on the go right now and when it comes down to it, I'll probably end up buying it off Craigslist down the road at some point perhaps.
    Very true. I don't even bother reading any of these reviews or complaints anymore, I'm that over it. These days it's expected, devs expect it, businesses expect it...

It's 2013, there's no way to tell what WILL blow up online, what WON'T, which game WILL cause an uproar on Twitter, which WON'T...personally, I'm old lol. I just know a game is coming out, I get excited if it looks appealing to me...I buy it. That's about as deep as I go lol.