Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    KI, Spinal trailer with a teaser at the end that is so epic i can't even contain myself. These guys crushed this game. So good

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/01/30...reveal-trailer

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    CRACKDOWN 3!

Fuck yeah! Everything else is icing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I follow a bunch of MS insiders on Twitter, from NeoGAF, etc. etc. and everything I posted is apparently 99.99% legit. And MS is none too pleased.

From insider Thuway:

'Don't think for a second there isn't a game of whack-a-mole going on (in MS). One of these days all MS leaks will stop.'
    'This last round of leaks was a little too crazy. It literally destroyed all E3 surprises.'

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Hm thats a weak E3 though...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Hm thats a weak E3 though...
    What would you consider a good e3? There's hardly ever a universal consensus about e3. Last one in recent memory was the introducition of the wii by Nintendo and even that had it's crop of doubters

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    What would you consider a good e3? There's hardly ever a universal consensus about e3. Last one in recent memory was the introducition of the wii by Nintendo and even that had it's crop of doubters
    Well the last E3 was great. It was entertaining to watch and lots of cool futuristic and surprising stuff took place. Good E3s are few and far between these days, IMHO.

Good E3 has a few cool surprises, shows off some games that we haven't seen before, teases news. XBox E3 this year, if this is everything, is all about things we already knew about. Granted we haven't seen Halo 2 Anniversary and we haven't seen Crackdown 3, both of which are totally exciting to me. But we knew they were coming. And it's just a handful of games.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well the last E3 was great. It was entertaining to watch and lots of cool futuristic and surprising stuff took place. Good E3s are few and far between these days, IMHO.

Good E3 has a few cool surprises, shows off some games that we haven't seen before, teases news. XBox E3 this year, if this is everything, is all about things we already knew about. Granted we haven't seen Halo 2 Anniversary and we haven't seen Crackdown 3, both of which are totally exciting to me. But we knew they were coming. And it's just a handful of games.
    Thank the internet and leaks for reveals and E3 sucking. When someone gets even the smallest amount of info it's straight to the computer they go to post about it. I don't see PS4 or Wii U cranking out anymore games than Xbox One would/will at E3 personally.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Phil Spencer promoted to head of Xbox.

Awesome news, he focuses more on games than anything else...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    More leaks (that have all been verified as true from more than one insider)...

• Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros."
    • White XBox One incoming.
    • Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
    • Quantum Break is Holiday 2014.
    • Multiplayer confirmed for Halo 2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
    • Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014.
    • Black Tusk cancelled project was called "Shangheist." May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure...)
    • Fable Legends is Summer 2015.
    • Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5.
    • Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
    • First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
    • No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it's a 2016 title.
    • No info/idea on what Rare's up to, sadly.
    • $399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Not a lot of new info there.

Im getting oretty pissed that all the best games coming out are games from previous generations. Really fuck you, video games.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 05-05-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not a lot of jew info there.
    wat.

Also, new Mass Effect will be at E3, not called Mass Effect 4, but along the lines of Mass Effect: ___________ Apparently the trailer for it is batshit crazy.

Halo 5 is going to be 'vast' in size, more open-world than the previous ones.

Microsoft will have 'both existing IPs as well as plenty of new IPs' announced. The focus for this E3 will be almost entirely on games.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That specific typo has occurred in far more akward situations.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 05-05-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

In June, we’re making Xbox Live Gold even better. Games with Gold will be coming to Xbox One, so a single Gold membership will get you free games on both Xbox One and Xbox 360. Plus, we’re introducing Deals with Gold for Xbox One which gives members exclusive discounts on games and content in the Xbox Store. With the most advanced multiplayer, Games with Gold, and Deals with Gold, Xbox Live Gold is better than ever.

The Xbox One edition of the program kicks off with Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Halo: Spartan Assault.

Deals with Gold also launches in June and will save members money on Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome "and a few other surprises.

The announcement adds that members will now have "subscription-based access" to these games; this suggests that the service will function more like Sony's PlayStation Plus program.

In honor of the program's one-year anniversary, Xbox 360 owners can pick up an extra game in June — Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition — in addition to Dark Souls and Charlie Murder.
    Well, dang.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Im just perplexed by all this. Prior to e3 last year we were going to get a completely new console then the prior gen, to the competition but gamers backlashed. Now we essentially have another gen similar to the previous one with a slightly and honestly a small disappointing performance bump.

We again have two (prob even more so than before) similar consoles with just small variances. I don't get it, I do not get gamers at all. They seem to be the dumbest of the lot.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Im just perplexed by all this. Prior to e3 last year we were going to get a completely new console then the prior gen
    No, you got a bunch of empty promises, DRM, and a next-gen power glove that nobody wants to use beyond any gimmicky purpose. Kinect is the next Six Axis, it's just more expensive. The people who want to dance in front of their tv (or have a sci-fi method of browsing Netflix) will still buy it.

Doing away with the DRM and Kinect requirement is a good move, and it's making me actually consider buying the thing.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I actually think the kinect with the one is pretty useful. I don't play the games but I take advantage of its voice commands and some hands free controls.

Kinect is not a gimmick, its just not being utilized correctly for gaming.

I'm a fan of the kinect.

Edit: I lied, I actually do use its voice commands for gaming ala dr3 and nba2k14. The kinect works, its just being marketed wrong.

Clearly this is a desperate move by the company to sell more systems. But just give people what they really want, games.

Exclusive ip's that make the buyer want your system.

I don't know, what matters to me is I enjoy the living shit out of my Xbox. And I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the ps4 as well.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 05-14-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    i fail to see what about the XBOX ONE was ever going to be new except for some updated graphics and some grief inducing licensing bullshit. Can you explain that to me?

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Edit: I lied, I actually do use its voice commands for gaming ala dr3 and nba2k14. The kinect works, its just being marketed wrong.
    Yelling at zombies does not require the use of a kinect. That was a gimmick.

I don't know what the big selling point was in NBA2k14.

It's sold well enough. It was marketed right. It's just a bullshit gimmick, and outside of dancing video games, nobody's making good use of it. Outside of gaming, people are finding really interesting uses for the tech. But as a gaming peripheral?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The price drop with no Kinect is putting this back in the realm of me buying it eventually. I have zero interest in ever using a Kinect, motion/voice controls do nothing for me. Glad they didn't bundle the PS4 Camera with the system.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

It's sold well enough. It was marketed right. It's just a bullshit gimmick, and outside of dancing video games, nobody's making good use of it. Outside of gaming, people are finding really interesting uses for the tech. But as a gaming peripheral?
    One aspect that looked "useful" was the auto sign-in or what sounded like visual recognition. Does it use it and does it work? Otherwise, yeah, unless I own a gym-size living room, gaming with the thing feels pointless. I'm also really happy with my collection of 360 games (I have yet to finish). Unfortunately I still own a gen-1 (white) 360 console and it's now finally getting plagued by overheating shutdowns. So I'm more in the marked for a $250 Model E console but still considering moving to One but would then make all of my 360 games useless. Ugh.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    The price drop with no Kinect is putting this back in the realm of me buying it eventually. I have zero interest in ever using a Kinect, motion/voice controls do nothing for me. Glad they didn't bundle the PS4 Camera with the system.
    No Kinect and a price drop definitely sweetens the pot for me. I don't have the space for a Kinect, or the interest. So, i'm glad they're separating them. It'll still be awhile before I get one, but it'll probably be much sooner than I was originally planning (which was next to never).

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Kinect with x1 is not that useful and actually pretty counter intuitive sometimes. You dont really need it.

Super Time Force is out today. My body is ready.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am just glad they finally got rid of the pay wall for apps like HBO GO and Netflix. About Damn time, though from my understanding it's going to be a trade off of some kind what that is remains to be seen.

I don't care about Kinect outside of some voice commands (for TV and Netflix ) and Auto Sign in (IMO the coolest thing about Kinect along with turning the console one with the voice command). I use my controller for pretty much everything and man those hand gesture things could really use a touch up, I've had the thing pop up randomly at times while just watching TV.

7 months seems too short of a time to give up on a big idea your console was based around but I agree with an above comment, it has def been marketed wrong. $399 should help get more sales and I guess with out a kinect they can add more power to the system (supposedly). I expect them to also tweak the UI a bit because of this.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

I agree that as a gaming peripheral it's crap outside of the casual game . I do like the voice recognition, the ability to Skype and all the other stuff like auto-sign in, the tv voice commands (i use it all the time).

With the deal i got $450 with kinect and titanfall.. how is that not better than $399 without kinect and presumably without titanfall? The marketing department for the xone should be fired. Also, supposedly the pseye for the ps4 is selling really well lol

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    With the deal i got $450 with kinect and titanfall.. how is that not better than $399 without kinect and presumably without titanfall? The marketing department for the xone should be fired. Also, supposedly the pseye for the ps4 is selling really well lol
    Well, that sounds like a deal that you lucked out on. You can't really make a price comparison on those terms.
    Still, for me at this point, there's not enough incentive to buy either console really... I can't spend that much right now. All my disposable income is going towards music gear.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

My shit's stacking up.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    August Games With Gold Titles revealed

How and why did I know that Crimson Dragon shit would be free eventually? Ugh. Waste of a title, no interest in it at all.

I will get Strike Suit Zero though!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-28-2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo