Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Ugh, these bugs. Anyone experience a freeze after an mp match. Specifically the h2 anniversary.

I always have to restart the game.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Ugh, these bugs. Anyone experience a freeze after an mp match. Specifically the h2 anniversary.

I always have to restart the game.
    The game is marred with issues. It's been getting better with each update they do, apparently they're working around the clock to fix all the problems. But since there's just a shit ton of problems i don't know when the game will be up and running appropriately.

They really fucked this up. I know a lot of people that got Xbox Ones just for this collection. It's a huge disaster right now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I have to agree. Its a shame. But I'm sure once its up and running, its going to be a blast. But they should compensate us with something.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I might just wait now to get MCC after hearing all of the issues now. It’s a shame that a game that is supposed to be one of the One’s holiday crown jewels has been so buggy for those loyal fans who purchased right away.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    I might just wait now to get MCC after hearing all of the issues now. It’s a shame that a game that is supposed to be one of the One’s holiday crown jewels has been so buggy for those loyal fans who purchased right away.
    Wait until the holidays, it should be working by then. I got in some games today fairly quickly but there's still issues with uneven teams and freezes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Wait until the holidays, it should be working by then. I got in some games today fairly quickly but there's still issues with uneven teams and freezes.
    I’m just gonna wait until I 100% know all the kinks have been ironed out.

In other news: Preordered GTA V and got Forza Horizon 2. Also bought 2 controllers since the one that came with my XB1 was stolen. Now, to buy the steering wheel controller and a nice chair to connect the wheel and pedals to.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Ok I am REALLY enjoying FH2. I haven’t started GTA V because of it actually.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Hmm maybe when the dust settles we can ride out on some GTA mp. Maybe we can get that ets rollin in a room

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So the patch is out, but now the game won't synch with my data. This trend of shipping out buggy games needs to stop.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So the patch is out, but now the game won't synch with my data. This trend of shipping out buggy games needs to stop.
    GTAV?

My patch for Halo is flawless and I'm finding games just fine too.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    damn, i just got home from being out all day. some people are saying the patch is working well and others are saying they can't sync... here goes my turn. wish me luck

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This weekend, the Xbox One will celebrate its one year anniversary. In order to show its appreciation for nearly 10 million console sales since launch, Microsoft is offering a wide range of digital goodies to all of its early adopters.

If you bought an Xbox One at any point between November 22nd, 2013 and November 11th, 2014 in any of the 13 launch markets, are at least 17 years old and have 10 hours of usage on your console, these are the gifts you’ll receive this weekend:

• A Year One Gamer Picture
    • New Xbox One backgrounds: A special Year One background as well as an exclusive Day One background for those who unlocked the Day One achievement
    • A Year One background image for use on Twitter, your desktop, etc.
    • A free rental of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” (for a limited time)
    • A free rental of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods” movie and a sampler pack of “Dragon Ball Z” TV episodes (for a limited time, available in the U.S. and Canada only)

A few lucky fans will also be selected to win bigger prizes, including Xbox One bundles, a subscription to EA Access, Xbox Live Gold 12-month memberships and several free games.

And if you happen to be signed up for Xbox Marketing emails, you should receive a personalized email detailing all of your accomplishments on Xbox One over the past year.
    So, I haven't gotten an email yet BUT I got a message on my gamertag's inbox and it had a code for the Vanity Bundle Pack for Sunset Overdrive. It included 7 DLC outfit pieces. From what I gather it is entirely exclusive to these special messages. The anniversary listing for DLC for select members didn't mention Sunset Overdrive having any part so who knows.

Either way this is cool and tomorrow marks one year already! Time flies.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    For anyone that hasn't played the best shooter this gen.. ugh, Titanlfall. It's on black promotion sale now on xbox live digital for gold members. $12.49 with all the map packs included!!! Can't beat that deal man.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-On...e-252c0cc6a78b
    gotta be signed in to get the promo price

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I couldn't beat this refurbished price...they should have some still in stock. Yesterday they also had Forza 5 included, but I don't see it anymore.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.310723000

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There are crazy deals on bundles right now. Just ordered a kinect free One with the master chief collection for $329 from Walmart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got the xbox one unity bundle today. So stoked. I haven't had an xbox since my 2nd 360 died on me in 2008.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    I got the xbox one unity bundle today. So stoked. I haven't had an xbox since my 2nd 360 died on me in 2008.
    if I bought a brand of car, and it broke on me after minimal use... and then I bought the same brand again... and it broke again after minimal use... and I was so burnt about it that I stopped driving cars for six years... why would I then buy the same brand of car again? Why wouldn't I try another brand?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Its just gaming dude, chill.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I still dont give this thing a lot of play. I do love me some titanfall, but playing old halo games actually showed me how progressive shooters like Titanfall and Destiny really are. I really like and want that sense of movement and that customization element. To me, halo games have always represented an apex of competitive fps and map making design butz that said they are tough as hell to go back to.

Of course, Halo 5 looks like its going to fix some of that. Halo 5 looks very, very good.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Its just gaming dude, chill.
    How was anything I said implying that I wasn't calm or pretty much entirely indifferent? I'm not freaking out, I'm not upset. I'm asking a pretty simple question.

Are you getting inordinately upset?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    if I bought a brand of car, and it broke on me after minimal use... and then I bought the same brand again... and it broke again after minimal use... and I was so burnt about it that I stopped driving cars for six years... why would I then buy the same brand of car again? Why wouldn't I try another brand?
    Because it's new and shiny, and he likes xbox obviously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After that second one died I was so pissed off I just stopped playing. I got a PS3 in 2011 and never had any issues with it. I love it. I also got a PS4 in April. I feel like the Xbox One isn't really having any issues like the 360 did so I decided it was time again. I now have a PS3, PS4 and Xbox One. I'll be using my PS4 for multi-platform games.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    I now have a PS3, PS4 and Xbox One. I'll be using my PS4 for multi-platform games.
    You have both of the new generation consoles? Which do you like better, the One or the PS4? So far, I've been pretty disappointed with the PS4.

I really feel like the gun was jumped here, and that the affordable technology just wasn't ready yet.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-29-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    How was anything I said implying that I wasn't calm or pretty much entirely indifferent? I'm not freaking out, I'm not upset. I'm asking a pretty simple question.

Are you getting inordinately upset?
    Its came off that to me at least. I got no beef with you. I also quit smoking so my head ain't on straight. My bad

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I also quit smoking so my head ain't on straight.
    Quitting smoking is tough, but it's helpful to remind yourself that it isn't that hard. If you tell yourself that it's incredibly difficult, then it starts to feel impossible. I think that was a huge part of the difficulty for me. Once I stopped treating it alike it was such a challenge, it got a lot easier.

Then there's just the shitty part where you have dreams that you screwed up and started smoking again. That can get really annoying.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    You have both of the new generation consoles? Which do you like better, the One or the PS4? So far, I've been pretty disappointed with the PS4.

I really feel like the gun was jumped here, and that the affordable technology just wasn't ready yet.
    I have both, and to me the PS4 is clear superior, even though sometimes XBox gets an exclusive that i really like.

I often here that sentiment, "the gun was jumped" but I think it is just the exact opposite. Too much time in the previous generation was squandered on bullshit motion controls, and if it wasn't, we probably would have gotten consoles with this technology around the time we were getting Kinect and Move. Game companies are STILL pussyfooting and straddling the generations, which is why the technology sometimes feels like it's not enough: we're still getting mostly games that are developed to work with the old power level.

But this is a huge leap. It's not as obvious when moving from ps3 to ps4, but when I go back to play a ps3 game it's CRAZY. "Did they really look this bad?" I seriously double take, because the last generation just looks like shit to me now. This sis a good thing. I think it's always a better idea to build new machines than put old ones on life support. I like to see more detailed worlds and characters all in the interest of telling a more compelling story.

And clearly a lot of people share this sentiment. The PS4 is on track to becoming the best selling console OF ALL TIME. I think that it's a good thing. For the most part I think it's a really great console. I hardly think it's perfect but right now it has absolutely zero competition worth speaking of, IMO.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    might be true... I haven't really turned the PS3 back on since I got the PS4. I definitely like the controller better (even though I HATE that I occasionally hit that gigantic touch screen pad button when I don't want to).

I think the first game I'm going to go back and finish on PS3 is going to be South Park... and I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with how that one looks. I am going to pick up the new Dark Souls II release for PS4. I'd like to compare that.

The one I was a little surprised by was The Last of Us. I bought that for PS4, but I felt really surprised by how... unimpressed I was with the graphics. I was blown away by the PS3 version. I haven't done a side-to-side comparison, but it just looked kind of clunky and ugly, whereas when I played it on PS3 I thought it looked incredible.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I hardly think it's perfect but right now it has absolutely zero competition worth speaking of, IMO.
    Despite having a controller that never keeps charge because of an obnoxious LED light, always has the thumb sticks wearing out, and no decent exclusives after 1 whole year. Hmmm....

though some cross platform games do have slightly better resolution.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Despite having a controller that never keeps charge because of an obnoxious LED light, always has the thumb sticks wearing out, and no decent exclusives after 1 whole year. Hmmm....

though some cross platform games do have slightly better resolution.
    Yeah i hate that stupid LED light. But i LOVE infamous, so to say it has no exclusives is kind of rediculous. Also has like 1/5 more destiny, and that extra content is some of the best parts in destiny per category.

Exclusives SHOULD be the determining factor, but both consoles have great exclusives, although the list looks to be narrowing. Titanfall 2 is going to Ps4 leaving xbox with halo and crackdown. Yes it has sunset overdrive, but im not sold on that game.

My experience with the PS4 has just been so much smoother and more user friendly.

I dont know what you're talking about with the thumbsticks? Havent heard anything about it. Ive logged like 600 hours on destiny alone since september and the sticks are fine.

I will say that some players in general are very abusive to controllers and i had known former roomates to do horrible things to my 360 sticks.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 11-30-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone want a download code for AC: Black Flag on Xbox one? It came with my system and I already have it for ps3. I was going to sell it but it's on eBay for like $5 so I'm not going to bother with that.

EDIT: gone
    Last edited by Thiah; 11-30-2014 at 05:04 PM.