Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
Results 1,111 to 1,123 of 1123

Thread: The Black Queen / Greg Puciato (solo) / Better Lovers

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Greg say in some interview back then that Josh was still involved with the band, but that he wasn't touring because he wanted to focus on finishing the TTV record? As far as the new album goes, I guess we'll find out for sure if he's involved when it comes out.
    Yes, either Greg or Josh said that at the time. Which made it sound like Josh was just taking a break from the tour. But ever since then, Josh hasn't been mentioned or tagged in posts by The Black Queen. I'd like to think that Josh is still involved, but from what Greg is saying about Chris joining the band, I think it's to fill the role left by Josh.

Being a big fan of Telefon Tel Aviv since the beginning, maybe I was predisposed to think this was more of a Josh project than the others. Greg was known as a singer mainly at the time, so I didn't think any music contributions were coming from him. Steve was unknown to most people I think, since he was mainly a crew guy before this (sort of like Billy in APC was before). Also, to me, Fever Daydream sounded like a continuation of the style that was present on Immolate Yourself, so I just assumed Josh was doing most of the songwriting. Anyway, I'm sure either way I'll enjoy whatever they put out.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I asked in a Instagram post of josh was no longer in the band but obviously, no one (official) commented on it.

That said, I fully support Josh sticking with TTV - I adore TTV and love Josh's solo work.

Really digging that Chris is now an official member and I think it will be cool if Justin stays as a member. Was super cool seeing him help unload/set-up gear for NIN during the NIN 2018 tour.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man, I hope this means new music really soon. Not a fan of Greg’s other projects so it’s been a bit of a drought.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSlfDstruct View Post
    Man, I hope this means new music really soon. Not a fan of Greg’s other projects so it’s been a bit of a drought.
    I'm the same. I'd guess ramping up for 2025?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSlfDstruct View Post
    oh that's a relief, I'm not the only one! Its just The Black Queen for me too.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I'm the same. I'd guess ramping up for 2025?
    Might be sooner than that based on that interview that was posted. Sounds like the album is/was pretty close to being done.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Shocked to hear so many folks aren't fans of Greg's solo work or Better Lovers. Genuinely curious, was TBQ your intro to Greg or was it TDEP? If it was TDEP, is the style of Better Lovers or Greg solo just not doing it?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    The Black Queen is just more my style. I did like the first solo album he did, but it was also kind of all over the place.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The Black Queen is just more my style. I did like the first solo album he did, but it was also kind of all over the place.

Its funny you say that, because he actually addressed that exact thing in a recent interview (about the first solo album being multi-genre). But I agree and think the second solo album benefits more by being more focused.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Solo Greg is my favorite shit he's ever done. Probably the minority here, but TBQ is probably my least favorite projects he's been involved with. It's great shit, but I like the grunge-metal of his solo output a lot more.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Shocked to hear so many folks aren't fans of Greg's solo work or Better Lovers. Genuinely curious, was TBQ your intro to Greg or was it TDEP? If it was TDEP, is the style of Better Lovers or Greg solo just not doing it?
    I was a fan of Dillinger Escape Plan back in 1999, so I've been following Greg since he joined Dillinger. I love his work in that band, and honestly his "era" is the better one for sure. I've also been a fan of Telefon Tel Aviv since the beginning. So when they came together for The Black Queen, it was something I was immediately into. As far as Greg's other work, some of it sounded interesting, but not enough for me to really give it repeat listenings. Again, that's just me.

All that said, even if Josh is no longer involved in The Black Queen, I'm interested in hearing what they do next, and I'm betting I'll enjoy whatever that is.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I can't listen to any TDEP at all, its just not my thing, and I do understand they are very well respected but it just does nothing for me.

TBQ, for fear of stating the obvious, is an entirely different entity altogether; beautiful melodies, perfect rhythms and just incredible sound design. Its like wrapping yourself in a soft blanket on a cold winters night. Reassuring and comforting.