Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Wolfe

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    You can't really make it work even when you edit out the gap and make them seamless, because there's a subtle difference in tone.
    Oh, really? I was hoping to do that when I finally got around to owning the digital copy (I have had to hold off due to limited income, but I intend to purchase the vinyl and Sargent House confirmed via Instagram that it would include a digital download card for use on Bandcamp).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, I got my vinyl today and redeemed my digital copy. I'm not sure if you got different files than I did, but I was able to seamlessly edit out the gap between Downer Surrounded by Uppers and Knelt in Ableton Live. I don't hear any difference in tone. It transitioned perfectly. I haven't listened to the vinyl yet to verify if that mistake is only on digital version or not, but I'll report back after I have.

Edit: Bummer, it's definitely on the vinyl as well.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 01-28-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Good stuff.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Good stuff.
    it is but i don't understand how they can justify charging $2 for a 4-minute single on bandcamp. like just make it $1, c'mon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    $1 for Chelsea, $1 for Emma.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Really awesome song drop there! I’d buy a collab album.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    This is from the same album as the new Health/Chino track.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I was not into her recent Mrs. Piss project but I really like her solo stuff. And she's been quite productive during the pandemic.
    She hits hard live, heavier than I expected. Recommended.

Last time I saw her was a mid-July summer indoor show in the nasty, sticky European heat, and it was probably 125 Fahrenheit in that club. People were dropping like flies. She told the promoters to fuck off and that she'd leave stage right now if they would not open up the venue doors - they did not want to initially due to nighttime noise restrictions or whatever.
    You should have seen how quickly those doors and windows were opened..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    I was not into her recent Mrs. Piss project but I really like her solo stuff. And she's been quite productive during the pandemic.
    She hits hard live, heavier than I expected. Recommended.

Last time I saw her was a mid-July summer indoor show in the nasty, sticky European heat, and it was probably 125 Fahrenheit in that club. People were dropping like flies. She told the promoters to fuck off and that she'd leave stage right now if they would not open up the venue doors - they did not want to initially due to nighttime noise restrictions or whatever.
    You should have seen how quickly those doors and windows were opened..
    i saw her when she was touring on Apokalypsis and she OPENED with movie screen. it was fucking breathtaking. and then i saw her touring on pain is beauty, which was also fantastic. haven't seen her since and i'm sad about it because yeah, she hits HARD live.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    She has a couple of new acoustic songs, a left over from the Birth of Violence sessions and a Joni Mitchell cover, plus a 30 min documentary of the Birth of Violence tour, which reminds me to pick it up on vinyl (what an excellent album):

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Repress of "Pain is Beauty"
    Last edited by Come_Reptile; 09-08-2022 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    She has a couple of new acoustic songs, a left over from the Birth of Violence sessions and a Joni Mitchell cover, plus a 30 min documentary of the Birth of Violence tour, which reminds me to pick it up on vinyl (what an excellent album):
    It only took me a year, but i finally bought the Birth of Violence vinyl! Went to a record store last week, and found it tucked away in the indie section, it was the only CW record they had (now I need to get Abyss vinyl, have it on CD, but it's one of the best records of any band). Listened to it yesterday with good headphones and it's AMAZING. Lots of soundscapes and details here and there. I want her to tour again so bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn there's a Chelsea Wolfe thread here? I discovered her on the Ministry tour supporting AmeriKKKant (dunno the name of it). My mom dragged me out to it at Bogarts in Cincinnati when I was, I dunno, 15? No earplugs, rail, never really listened to the band before that. Let's just say it was an experience. IMO, she totally stole the show, the entire time we were marveling st her vocals and the incredibly strong performance from the rest of the band.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Some kind of NIN spotting: flipping through the Birth of Violence booklet, I come to learn that Kraw did the art direction for that album. @Prick , I’m pretty sure you’ve heard ‘Abyss’ but if you haven’t, go for it. I discovered CW (and that album) in a ‘Top 10 albums of the year’ list at the Fourth Eye (Tool) forum, the list called Abyss a “Downward Spiral successor” (or something to that effect, that line alone prompted me to check out the record) and here we are now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've listened to Abyss and Hiss Spun. She opened with Carrion flowers and blew me away. It was incredible, the bass was making my jeans rattle.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I haven't really been able to get into anything of hers since Apokalypsis.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I haven't really been able to get into anything of hers since Apokalypsis.
    Birth Of Violence is solid album with some memorable tracks.

Her recent collaboration with Converge was also great.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    See I thought the collab album was kind of cheesy and a bit overdramatic. =/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    New track, Dusk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And new tour!

Also announcing a 2024 North America tour, with Divide and Dissolve on all shows. Full list of dates below, and tickets will be on sale at chelseawolfe.com/shows

Tue. Feb. 27 - San Diego, CA @ The Observatory North Park
    Wed. Feb. 28 - Phoenix, AZ @ Crescent Ballroom
    Fri. March 1 - Austin, TX @ Scoot Inn
    Sat. March 2 - Dallas, TX @ The Studio at The Factory
    Sun. March 3 - Houston, TX @ White Oak Music Hall
    Tue. March 5 - Nashville, TN @ Basement East
    Wed. March 6 - Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel
    Fri. March 8 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
    Sat. March 9 - Charlotte, NC @ The Underground
    Sun. March 10 - Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore
    Tue. March 12 - Brooklyn, NY @ Warsaw
    Wed. March 13 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
    Fri. March 15 - Boston, MA @ Royale
    Sat. March 16 - Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
    Sun. March 17 - Toronto, ON @ The Danforth Music Hall
    Tue. March 19 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic Theatre
    Wed. March 20 - Minneapolis, MN @ The Varsity Theatre
    Fri. March 22 - Denver, CO @ The Gothic Theatre
    Sat. March 23 - Salt Lake City, UT @ The Depot
    Mon. March 25 - Seattle, WA @ The Neptune Theater
    Tue. March 26 - Vancouver, BC @ The Vogue Theater
    Wed. March 27 - Portland, OR @ The Roseland Ballroom
    Fri. March 29 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
    Sat. March 30 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Novo

Newsletter presale: Weds Sept 20 @ 10am ET (code: DUSK - sign up for the newsletter for future presale codes!)
    Spotify presale: Weds Sept 20 @ 11am ET (code WOLFE24)
    Local presale: Thurs Sept 21 @ 10am local time
    General on sale: Fri Sept 22 @ 10am local time

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Birth Of Violence is solid album with some memorable tracks.

Her recent collaboration with Converge was also great.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    See I thought the collab album was kind of cheesy and a bit overdramatic. =/
    birth of violence is the only thing she's put out that i haven't loved, so i'm glad this new song seems to be going in a different direction.

grabbed tickets for her chicago show. very excited since i haven't seen her since she was touring on Pain Is Beauty.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Totally forgot about Chelsea Wolf - time to dig back into her stuff!

This Dusk song, it kind of sounds like a really slowed down version of Down in the Park by Gary Numan

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    birth of violence is the only thing she's put out that i haven't loved, so i'm glad this new song seems to be going in a different direction.
    Glad to know I wasn't the only one that felt that way. I've loved pretty much all of her releases. But that one felt like something she could just do in her sleep to me I guess. It wasn't bad, it just didn't have that something extra her other stuff has had to me. This new track sounds fresh, really digging the production on it too.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Glad to know I wasn't the only one that felt that way. I've loved pretty much all of her releases. But that one felt like something she could just do in her sleep to me I guess. It wasn't bad, it just didn't have that something extra her other stuff has had to me. This new track sounds fresh, really digging the production on it too.
    yeah and it wasn't even the more acoustic aspect of it because "unknown rooms" is my most listened-to album of hers, probably.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah and it wasn't even the more acoustic aspect of it because "unknown rooms" is my most listened-to album of hers, probably.
    My thoughts exactly! Unknown Rooms is probably my favorite record of hers.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My first time hearing of this artist. Damn, that latest track posted above is good. I look forward to digging into her back-catalogue.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    My first time hearing of this artist. Damn, that latest track posted above is good. I look forward to digging into her back-catalogue.
    If you dig this new track I'd recommend checking out Abyss. I think the production on that record is probably the best and also the closest to this new track in a good way. Maybe also check out Apokalypsis as it's also really heavy and a bit more raw, some great tracks on that one. I've also really thought The Grime and the Glow is a very solid and unique record. The production on it is much more lo-fi but the record really benefits from it and it's also a showcase of the type of songwriting she was capable of right from the jump. The track Halfsleeper, in particular, is just fucking transcendent. Somehow her harmonies find a way to be dark and disturbing while beautiful and dreamlike at the same time.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah man that songs rips! I ordered the blue vinyl with the autographed poster and oracle deck from her website, really looking forward to this one.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 10-24-2023 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I ordered the Vinyl and CD from Loma Vista.

Both songs are great.

Whispers in the Echo Chamber give massive NIN Downward Spiral vibes - even The Perfect Drug a little.

Looks like a step away from the last album to something darker and more electronic.
    Last edited by voidnz; 10-25-2023 at 02:02 AM.