Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Mad Max: Fury Road / Furiosa

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Great movie and worthy prequel. In fact probably one of the best prequels ever.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Seen it Saturday.

Spoiler: People are worried about the CGI being bad. In the film the only thing that was jarring was a pan out/zoom in scene of Dementus at the wheel of his truck at the Bullet Farm. It is of same quality of Fury Road in my opinion throughout. A lot is so fast moving and chaotic on screen if there was any hiccups it's not super noticeable...to me anyways.

Overall I liked that they broke this down into "chapters" to tell the story. I must say The first act with Furiosa's kidnapping and the subsequent chase by her mother to save her was a great opening. It laid the foundations for Dementus' motivation and his followers - bartering leverage for power. Ultimately the Green Place being found was a failure but Furiosa was instrumental for the trade to Immortan Joe for Dementus to take control of Gas Town.

My favorite scene is likely the midpoint where Praetorian Jack bonds and works with Furiosa in one of the War Rig runs. Lots of action and strikingly similar to the best parts of Fury Road. No complaints from me. Also interesting later on to see the origins of Furiosa losing her arm. One of her most striking features as a character is that prosthetic bionic arm so it was good to see what happened to it.

Lastly, the ambiguous end of Dementus fate is a nifty little thing to ponder. Though the reveal of him being planted into the soil by the tree that grows fruit for the Wives was a fun inclusion of allegory.

Excellent bridge to Fury Road beginning! it shows her smuggling the Wives to the War Rig and that Mad Max on the ridge cameo (where the prior film started for him) was fun also.

I had a great time and I was thoroughly entertained and engrossed in the theater. All I ask for a film. It was a smidge less great of Fury Road but odds are it will be one of the best films I see in 2024 for sure.
    The only thing I would have liked better for her arm is that she cut it off on purpose since the map was on there. It seemed tad strange that it was "just" an accident instead of a decision by someone who, even as a child, was constantly calculating and planning. Still tragic that it was an accident, so I'm 50/50 on it.

I wasn't sure about the odd bit at the end where Dementus is talking about life before the collapse. He didn't ask for what happened to his children and it certainly broke him and turned him into Dementus but also it was just a little too late for morality and sympathy for this terrible guy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The only thing I would have liked better for her arm is that she cut it off on purpose since the map was on there. It seemed tad strange that it was "just" an accident instead of a decision by someone who, even as a child, was constantly calculating and planning. Still tragic that it was an accident, so I'm 50/50 on it.
    It didn't seem like an accident to me at all. I thought they made it pretty clear that she cut her own arm off in order to escape Dementus and his crew. I will say that I was expecting that map to have something to do with the reason she lost it, like maybe an enemy cut it off to steal the map. Great movie though! While I still think Fury Road is the best movie in the franchise, Furiosa is very close behind.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    having not seen the movie yet, i'm assuming it has largely to do with the sex-slave/forced breeding aspect.
    Wait. Is that what's HAPPENING to you, or,.are you saying it's in the film?.Like, do.two.wink emoji if you need help. I got you.

SO..I.guess most of y'all are saying good.flick is.good?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    It didn't seem like an accident to me at all. I thought they made it pretty clear that she cut her own arm off in order to escape Dementus and his crew. I will say that I was expecting that map to have something to do with the reason she lost it, like maybe an enemy cut it off to steal the map. Great movie though! While I still think Fury Road is the best movie in the franchise, Furiosa is very close behind.
    Oh, yeah, totally she cut it off but the accident was her having her arm out the window and then the wheel grinding it against the roof. I was just expecting her to be like "I have a map and they know about it so I must cut it off to save The Good Green Place".

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Maybe it's meant to be some kind of foreshadowing: just like her arm with the tattoo on it, that place will be gone/lost forever. It also happens just when Praetorian Jack is murdered - and with him the last person in her world that she felt some kind of human connection to. Meaning: now she's completely cut loose.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think it was written in as a red herring for audiences to go "oh *that's* why it wasn't there in Fury Road" and then same with the injury. It's George Miller effing with the audience.