Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN on Apple Music

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    You should be able to get it without following. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but I think your problem is that you're in Germany. The German copyright system is probably the only one in the world worse than the US, and it looks like they didn't even build that function into the German version.
    ok yes. that may be the reason. actually i am from austria, but the reason may still be the same.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Has anyone put these on you tube?

Somebody tell me where they are on you tube or please to otherwise turn me on to them thank you?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Has anyone put these on you tube?

Somebody tell me where they are on you tube or please to otherwise turn me on to them thank you?
    Clear out your PMs and I'll hook you up

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    Clear out your PMs and I'll hook you up
    Hey thanks

My messages are always fucking full because i'm so terrified that i'm going to loose something important, which i HAVE before...passwords to shared paid accounts, etc.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well, I guess this is the death of the live DVD as well? Trent will put out half a dozen videos exclusively on Apple Music and call it a day?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Well, I guess this is the death of the live DVD as well? Trent will put out half a dozen videos exclusively on Apple Music and call it a day?
    It's always possible, but if you're going to make that leap, you might as well conclude that Trent is done with for-pay releases and will only give away music from now on.

Okay, that's an exaggeration. Anyway, I'd be pretty happy if all the content from the Tension video was uploaded to Connect as a long playing thing like The Fragile (Instrumental).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Anyway, I'd be pretty happy if all the content from the Tension video was uploaded to Connect as a long playing thing like The Fragile (Instrumental).
    Fuuuck that. I want that thing in my shelf.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ...alternate cover art; if interested.
    if not, hey that's cool too! (higher res versions coming soon)

Last edited by Michael_Vens; 07-03-2015 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So, has anyone successfully done the "for you" set up and gotten NIN as a listed band to choose from? I realize I can play "Nine Inch Nails radio" but I was interested in seeing what the "for you" curation tool can do, and really don't get a whole lot of bands to choose from that I like enough to base it's knowledge of my musical taste from.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Argh argh argh how did you get The Frail and Pilgrimage in there with the rest of them? I can't even find a way to add them to a playlist on my phone or in iTunes (other than the "Internet Songs" ghetto) let alone download.

In spite of all the Apple Music bugs (and there are so many of them), I'm digging this version of Pilgrimage more than the original … at least when I can find it and make it play.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    So, has anyone successfully done the "for you" set up and gotten NIN as a listed band to choose from? I realize I can play "Nine Inch Nails radio" but I was interested in seeing what the "for you" curation tool can do, and really don't get a whole lot of bands to choose from that I like enough to base it's knowledge of my musical taste from.
    i haven't gotten NIN to show up when messing with it, and i didn't delve too deep, but it has given me some GREAT playlists already (early darkwave jams being one of them).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Funny that the only way to hear "Deep" (in their library, I mean) is by watching the video. Yeesh.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Man, I'm having a bitch of a time to get all these to download properly. So many buggy things going on with this launch that can use a lot of fixing.

- When I add tracks to 'My Music', it's hit or miss on if it'll even add it.
    - If it does, it doesn't maintain any of the tagging or artwork.
    - If it adds it to 'My Music' and I want to download it from iCloud, some will download, other times it'll just completely hang and not download at all.
    - When listening to a track from Connect, sometimes the options to 'Add song to My Music' doesn't appear in the options.

Just a whole bunch of random issues, it almost seems like this is the initial beta build with very little testing.

Love the idea of it all, but will definitely take a bit of work to iron out all the kinks.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Not sure how I got that to happen, but I've had it pretty easy downloading the instrumental tracks.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Are there proper .m4a versions of the two instrumental albums floating around out there, yet? This Vista thing is really bumming me out; I've been trying to avoid these threads since after the first day.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What happened to this Mark Romanek thing? I'd assumed it was related to the apple music launch, perhaps I was wrong

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I had forgotten about the Cowboy Junkies track and had to look it up. Of course, on the playlist it's from their "Best Of" album and not the NBK soundtrack.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

When was the last time NIN made their own live DVD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Supernaut EP is on Apple Music.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    How dare you say that, you will make BRoswell kill himself by destroying his impossible dream of the Tension dvd.... Dont you know TR is in his cave compiliing a 5 disc blu ray of Tension, Vienna and all other goodies....for the rec, I claimed Tension would never see the light of day in February 2014......as usual, I was right

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    as usual, I was right
    Dude you should really be using your precognitive powers for good like Christopher Walken in The Dead Zone or something instead of using it for a band's DVD releases

Obligatory OT: I'm really hoping an instrumental release of HM comes out, though I won't hold my breath.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Dude you should really be using your precognitive powers for good like Christopher Walken in The Dead Zone or something instead of using it for a band's DVD releases
    Bill fancies being the tiniest Cassandra.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Would anyone care to kindly post a step-by-step as to how we find the playlists? I cannot believe how much of a mess Apple Music is to navigate! Much appreciated.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Would anyone care to kindly post a step-by-step as to how we find the playlists? I cannot believe how much of a mess Apple Music is to navigate! Much appreciated.
    No kidding! Maybe it works better on Mac, but the PC version of iTunes is an absolute nightmare to navigate (and somehow that one little application is all it takes to make my laptop turn to liquid hot mag-ma.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    assuming you're doing this on a phone:

1. open MUSIC app
    2. click CONNECT at the bottom of the screen
    3. search for and then click on NINE INCH NAILS
    4. click the CONNECT tab (next to ALL and MY MUSIC)
    5. scroll down until you see "The Fragile (Instrumental) PLAYLIST BY TRENT REZNOR"

the process is similar in iTunes on your computer.

also, i had a really easy time getting the tracks in iTunes on my computer (add to my music), then right clicking on one of them and clicking "show in finder", copying them out of the iTunes directory (like, making a copy of them), deleting them out of iTunes, and then adding them back in using the copies i made, which allowed me to add my own artwork, move the track order around and add in the couple songs that aren't actually in the playlist, and then i was able to put them on my phone and iPod. don't know if there's any DRM on them but i haven't had any trouble with them at all.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    When was the last time NIN made their own live DVD?
    Well NIN also spent like 6 years without a CD then released one. I don't think time is a solid indicator of what's coming or not. But slowly putting shit up on Apple Music might be.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Question, I'm trying to add my various live tracks to my phone now that I have apple music and it won't let me do it. Is there something I'm missing here?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Are there proper .m4a versions of the two instrumental albums floating around out there, yet? This Vista thing is really bumming me out; I've been trying to avoid these threads since after the first day.
    Yes, I'd also like to pushed in the right direction for these.

Horrible trying to do it in iTunes Windows too.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Only total idiots would see a complete pro-filmed video for a live track, with a perfect mastered audio mix, clearly released online as a teaser, and think to themselves "we will never see any more of this".

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

I had forgotten about the Cowboy Junkies track and had to look it up. Of course, on the playlist it's from their "Best Of" album and not the NBK soundtrack.
    That's the better version. The one TR "produced" is just the same as that, only with dialogue from the film laid over top. Ominous!
    Last edited by botley; 07-06-2015 at 02:00 AM.