Thread: Borderlands!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Hmm, doesn't really jump out at me, plus I'm past the days of needing a special edition anything (BioShock notwithstanding) unless the actual game content is exclusive. Just another bobblehead for a shelf doesn't cut it for me. NOT digging on anyone's enthusiasm for it at all, it's pretty choice no doubt. It does look like preordering the standard version, which I have, still gets you some in game content which is the biggest thing for me. The 'unspecified DLC' in this edition may be worth scouring eBay to find however. This and Dishonored will be the only 2 games I probably have time for playing this fall. All the video previews of this look beyond awesome.
    Pretty much agreeing with all of this. I'd been wondering how much of my Paris funds I could set aside for the ultimate edition of this but now that I've seen what's going to be included, I'm not too fussed. I had to get the collectors' edition of Mass Effect 3 because that game will never stop emotionally moving me but with this... I dunno. I feel like it's a lot of parade over stuff that's pretty standard to get with a game's LE—only difference being the huge freaking price tag. I'd probably get the loot chest itself if it were thirty bucks or whatever but eh.

That said, I do suddenly feel the urge to preorder the standard edition now that I'm not holding out for the holy grail. I just want this game to be out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agreed. In no way did I say all that as a way to bag on the game, I'm pumped as hell for it. Just the game though, there's only a few series I'll fork out the extra few bucks for the special edition...not because the stuff isn't neat, just because how much do I really need a bobblehead, ya know?