Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Cargo in the blood

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just had mine delivered to work, will wait until I get home to unpack.

Edit:

in a similar condition to Callahan's, it's a bit marked in places. The ribbon has marked the book at the front by the looks. Ah well, still happy with it overall.
    Last edited by nufan; 01-25-2016 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Opened

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Did anyone else notice this on Russell's website?

http://russellmills.com/russell_mills/news/

"Cargo In The Blood | The Reverse is also true : Limited Edition Multiple

With his musical collaborator Mike Fearon as assistant, Mills spent most of October in Los Angeles working on two 200′ x 6′ mixed media canvases. These have been cut down into 4000 individual unique artworks, 2000 of which will be included in the limited edition multiple Cargo In The Blood/The Reverse Is Also True, which features all the works made towards use in the Nine Inch Nails Hesitation Marks album of 2013. To be produced in an edition of 2000 copies, the releaae date, price and details of how copies of Cargo In The Blood can be ordered will be announced soon on both www.russellmills.com and www.nin.com

The Art of Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral:Limited Edition Multiple
    The second set of 2000 works may be included in a similar limited edition multiple showcasing the art works that Mills created for Nine Inch Nails’ seminal The Downward Spiral album of 1994.This limited edition has yet be confirmed."

YES. PLEASE.

Cargo was easily the nicest art book I have ever seen, worth every penny, and the thought of them doing something similar for TDS would be amazing. I hope the fact that Cargo hasnt sold out yet doesnt dissuade them from doing it.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I think if this was from The Downward Spiral era I'd want it.
    Looks like you got your wish as per the post above!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I just gave in and got one.

I'm weak.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I just gave in and got one.

I'm weak.

Now you just need to get me one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my copy a few weeks ago. #634. I seen people saying that the cotton/rayon cover was scratched. I didn't notice any markings other than the huge burn on the front. It is very beautiful. I don't have any regrets on that purchase. Then again I love all the NIN stuff I bought except for halo 11. If they release one for TDS that will be awesome. I was just saying how I wished they did that for TDS. But, it will suck that it doesn't include a piece of art from 1994.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Received mine too, and like @Callahan I have some scratches due to the ribbon but I really don't care. The book is just marvelous, I feel almost ashamed to just touch it !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got mine a couple of days ago!
    Really great number!

Last edited by spiralhate; 01-30-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The mixed media art piece is really firmly in place in mine...haven't managed to remove it yet, kinda afraid something will tear. I assume the number is behind this??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo33 View Post
    Did anyone else notice this on Russell's website?

http://russellmills.com/russell_mills/news/

The Art of Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral:Limited Edition Multiple
    The second set of 2000 works may be included in a similar limited edition multiple showcasing the art works that Mills created for Nine Inch Nails’ seminal The Downward Spiral album of 1994.This limited edition has yet be confirmed."

YES. PLEASE.

Cargo was easily the nicest art book I have ever seen, worth every penny, and the thought of them doing something similar for TDS would be amazing. I hope the fact that Cargo hasnt sold out yet doesnt dissuade them from doing it.

i mentioned this a few pages ago, i REALLY hope this happens. I feel like there's a lot of art we haven't seen from TDS, seeing as there's very few listed in the Art on RM's website and the two that were showed in the little video thing they did for CITB. I'd love a matching TDS one to go with CITB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    The mixed media art piece is really firmly in place in mine...haven't managed to remove it yet, kinda afraid something will tear. I assume the number is behind this??
    Yes, The numbered card is behind it. You can use something like a plastic knife to lift the frame out from the top where the indentation is. It is in there firmly, but can come out with out damage.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just been looking at this before bed, it is beautiful. I was worried I would feel guilty after buying it or that i shouldn't have spent the money, but I dont at all and after reading Russel Mills' introduction, I feel even better about buying it. His circumstances seem to have made it a real labour of love. I actually consider this an investment for my kids.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I would masturbate all over a TDS one. Goodness.

Mine should be here Thursday. <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That book would be far to precious for such an act of defecation. I seriously hope that book comes signed by the Mills and Trent.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seed_0 View Post
    That book would be far to precious for such an act of defecation.
    I don't think that word means what you think it means

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I'd imagine so, if they're talking of a TDS companion piece.

Oh please, let it be so. I'd jump on a TDS art book the likes of the CITB package, even if that shit was on fire. That would make for a top-dollar TDS 25th anniversary boxset to end all boxsets: remastered album on 180gr vinyl and blu-ray HD, a blu-ray of the Self Destruct tour footage and a TDS artbook. I'd pay any amount for that shit..
    I bet that comes out before The Fragile deluxe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I don't think that word means what you think it means
    I know what it means, I was just saying that is a shitty thing to do. It was a joke.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I bet you're right.

At this point, I just take solace in the fact that unless something completely unforseen goes down, Fragile Deluxe will eventually see the light of day. It's been talked about for years, it's always "being worked on", there's loads of stuff in the vaults from that time, etc.

I'm honestly not anticipating anything on the Fragile Deluxe front until at least 2019. And hopefully by then, we've gotten two new NIN records, a new HTDA album and some film score stuff in the interim. That will keep me happy and patient
    I just wish 2010 would roll around soon so we can finally see what we have in store!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I know what it means, I was just saying that is a shitty thing to do. It was a joke.
    Pretty sure he's trying to say you meant "desecration"...cause if he's defecating out his wanger.... that's just not good. Then again, maybe it was just a fun autocorrect.

I finally got my replacement. It's still over-glued on a few sheets, but at least the traycase isn't busted and there's no dents in the pages like someone had already flipped through it in the magazine section a few times.

Got a different number and different art.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Clearly misunderstood, but anyways your number is not to far from mine (634). My pages had some dents which I thought was kind of shitty, but was not complaining. I didn't notice any problems with glue. Maybe that's why they were thumbs through.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Clearly misunderstood, but anyways your number is not to far from mine (634). My pages had some dents which I thought was kind of shitty, but was not complaining. I didn't notice any problems with glue. Maybe that's why they were thumbs through.
    My original number was 1529. Post 174 is where I posted pictures of how shitty my first copy was....really bad.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Congrats @kargath ; this was spit-my-coffee-back-in-the-mug type LOL shit right here

Most respect.
    Thanks! You just made my night.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    So, I got it yesterday.

My art piece and the number plate thing were both loose in the box, so there are a ton of scratches from that and the ribbon. Also a couple of small chunks torn in the area surrounding where the art goes.

Haven't had a chance to look through the book yet. So hopefully my pages are okay!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So, I got it yesterday.

My art piece and the number plate thing were both loose in the box, so there are a ton of scratches from that and the ribbon. Also a couple of small chunks torn in the area surrounding where the art goes.

Haven't had a chance to look through the book yet. So hopefully my pages are okay!
    Exchange that shit for a new one!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So, I got it yesterday.

Definitely contact them if you're unhappy. They were pretty quick to get back to me and they'll pay for all of the shipping back and forth. And you won't end up with a weird 0000 serial like with ghosts...you'll get a real number.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @NYRexall , have you decided when you're going to have sex with it yet?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Decided?

I've had it for over three weeks now. What do you think I've been doing with it all this time?
    So your burn hole on the cover has turned into a glory hole?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Cargo up the butt...

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Cargo up the butt...
    Given the sheer size of that book, it's gonna be Cargo in the Blood one way or the other.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    MY PECIOUS

1645/2000

I have no idea that it will be so big !!