Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carina Round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Happy to see this thread here. My girlfriend grew up with Carina, they are very good friends. Just saw the "Pick Up The Phone" video, very cool indeed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I made the mistake of not READING all the purchasing options and somehow missed the LP version. Love the album, but want the live tracks. in the worst way.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrannus View Post
    I made the mistake of not READING all the purchasing options and somehow missed the LP version. Love the album, but want the live tracks. in the worst way.
    I aaalways have to argue against myself when it comes to things like that :P "SAVE THE MONEY. THE SONGS WILL BE UP FOR FREE SOMEWHERE EVENTUALLY. Just buy the CD!" Sometimes it works, sometimes I cave in. But in Carina's case, I figure if I save some money now and stash it away, I might be able to spend a bit extra on her merch when I'm at the AZ show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I HATE that marketing direction. It's almost like saying, you aren't a good enough fan for buying one certain media, you must buy a CD and an LP to get the full effect. I'm fine with different packages (autographed cover, t-shirt, poster, etc) but I feel that if you buy the music whether it's digital iTunes, Amazon or Topspin, CD or LP it should all be the same. Fuck trying to take all my money! I refuse to buy multiples of the same damn thing. RANT OFF. I'm more than willing to buy those individual live tracks if she wants my money.

On a side note, I'm really envious of all those people getting to attend those release party shows. Carina is best in a small venue.

jaimie Guest
    Last night was one of the biggest headlining shows Ive ever seen her do. Last time I saw her at that venue in 07 there were approximately 8 of us so this was great to see! So so happy for her.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Outstanding album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone get the vinyl with the Puscifer remix of "The Last Time"?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Not yet. Topspin tells me they haven't received it yet.

She also has a new Pledgemusic for a Tigermending Tour. http://t.co/2tF18nyt
    Last edited by RJK; 05-14-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tigermending is AMAZING. on par with Slow Motion Addict for me right now.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So, I came up with an idea while looking through Carina's pledge music rewards. The top reward is for $2,000, you can arrange with Carina to play a private gig at your house. It's just an idea right now, and there would be a lot of details to work out, but would anybody in the area surrounding Lawrence, KS be up for helping pool money together to bring her to town for a show? I've still gotta figure out exactly where I'd have it, and talk to some friends I have up there, maybe see if I can start a facebook group page or something. (And of course, I'd have to move first, and see what my roomie would think of the idea.) But as far as just the idea goes, would anyone be interested on working out details?

Sure, it's $2,000, but that number would just get smaller and smaller the more people we have on board.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    She just asked on Facebook if anyone would come see her play if she did a random bookstore gig in Lawrence tonight. I'm so there!

And she got a $3 parking ticket. Welcome to Lawrence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have the digital booklet for Tigermending that they could share? I just got the lossless version of the album from her store, but it doesn't seem to come with a PDF or a Jpeg for the cover art.

jaimie Guest

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Playing with my buddies battle tapes. I'll be there.

jaimie Guest
    I KNEW I recognized that band name! See you there

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    they really are fantastic. you oughta check em out.
    cant wait to see ya!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Carina Round

I have a ticket to the Carina show in NYC for October 22nd that I can't use.

It is FREE to a good home. I just need to change the name on the will call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone happen to "record" the last StageIt show (Oct 6)? I purchased a ticket but ended up having to go out of town and was on the road and StageIt doesn't do mobile! If you did and would be so gracious to PM in the right direction I would be eternally grateful. I can provide proof that I purchased a ticket!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    For those who missed it - Carina will be playing her record The Disconnection in Los Angeles on January 18. Presale starts today and the code is DISCO20

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    First Carina show sold out so another show has been added on January 19

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Hi, all, one of my plus ones just dropped out for the LA show on Thursday (1/18). Let me know if you need a ticket!