Some favourites that haven't been mentioned yet:

Primal Scream - Live in Japan
    Bjork - Homogenic Live
    Miles Davis - Black Beauty; Agharta; Dark Magus
    Spiritualized - Fucked Up Inside
    The Velvet Underground - 1969 Live; Live at Max's Kansas City

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Have a few new additions to this list, opposite ends of the spectrum...

Daft Punk - Alive 2007 I got into this in the last two years and it has completely changed my opinion on ways to present electronic music live, the way they blend the songs together, drop stuff out to bring it back again. The constant ascending and descending melodies. The way the energy of the set ebbs and flows. Just awesome, I paid big on discogs for a French limited edition CD version.

Iron Maiden - Live After Death I have never been a Maiden fan until a few months ago when I had General Admission tickets for their show here in Sioux Falls, and it was the song Revelations in particular, especially the second instrumental section. Bah God, I was always" too cool for this old stuff", couldn't be more wrong. I wish someone would have said, "Scott, you like Rush, you should check out Iron Maiden" years ago. This album is peak Maiden and the video version is even better, difficult to believe it's nearly 40 years old. And it has some of the best album artwork ever. Awesome to know that this performance is the same band (plus one) that I saw in my hometown. They have also inspired me to get serious about learning my guitar. I love techno and beats, but I really want to ROCK
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 01-21-2023 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Dire Straits - Alchemy

LCD Soundsystem - The Final Show

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense

Japan - Oil On Canvas
    Last edited by r_z; 01-22-2023 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    This one hasn't been mentioned:
    Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Live Seeds

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    This one hasn't been mentioned:
    Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Live Seeds
    I mentioned it on the first page, but i agree with you 1000%

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I mentioned it on the first page, but i agree with you 1000%
    sorry i missed that. i've been ill, more than a little fuzzy.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just discovered this:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A few others I don't think have come up yet:

Front 242 - Re:boot; I assume there are fans from the early days that wince at the mention of this one, but this is probably the only 242 release that I unequivocally love. The build on opener Happiness is transcendent. Caught the tour live in Chicago, and it was madness.

Erasure - The Tank, the Swan and the Balloon - Live!; bit of a cheat as (to the best of my knowledge) this was only ever released as VHS/DVD, but just an epic set from the Phantasmagorical (Chorus) tour in 1992, including the entire Abba-Esque EP. Andy Bell at the peak of his vocal powers, aided by excellent backing vocalist harmonizing.

Bowie - Look at the Moon! (Live Phoenix Festival 97); an officially-released complete nin+Bowie set would almost certainly bump this one off my list of favorite DB live releases, but for now this ranks very highly thanks to the Earthling-heavy set and the Gail Ann Dorsey-fronted O Superman cover that just kills...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Hot Water Music- Live At The Hardback [1999]

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I just discovered this album and it's fantastic. Page's playing is crazy good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I love A Perfect Circle - Stone and Echo: Live at Red Rocks. The songs The Package and Counting Bodies are phenomenal!

Radiohead - Live Recording has great versions of Like Spinning Plates and Idioteque.

Archive - Live at the Zénith is great (if anybody knows the band Archive)

Tesseract - PORTALS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I love A Perfect Circle - Stone and Echo: Live at Red Rocks. The songs The Package and Counting Bodies are phenomenal!

Radiohead - Live Recording has great versions of Like Spinning Plates and Idioteque.

Archive - Live at the Zénith is great (if anybody knows the band Archive)

Tesseract - PORTALS
    Is there an official way to purchase Stone and Echo that isn't the 300 oop box set?

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I generally don't get as much into live albums, but,

Neil Young - Live Rust
    Spiritualized - Live at the Royal Albert Hall
    Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong
    Underworld - Everything / Everything
    Portishead - NYC Live
    Unwound - Live Leaves

My favorite live concert video is probably The Other Side of the Mirror by Bob Dylan.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Is there an official way to purchase Stone and Echo that isn't the 300 oop box set?
    Just download-only, like on iTunes and other MP3 stores. I don't think they put it on a standalone disc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    most of my absolute faves have been listed already but a couple i haven't seen:
    Wilco - Kicking Television
    Bowie - BBC Radio Theatre 2000, although it's great to have the full set from the recent box, my heart is with the single disc that was a bonus in some bowie at the beeb sets
    Faces - pretty much any good audio quality bootleg from 70-72. i have been patiently waiting many years for them to put out an official Faces BBC set with everything they have in good quality. a few tracks trickle out on the various boxes, but man would i love it all. they were such a force of rock and roll in those years. a good live release from them would knock my number 2 below down to 3.

my top 2 though have already been mentioned:
    Dylan - bootleg series 4, the "royal albert hall" - love both halves but even if you aren't a fan of acoustic Dylan, you gotta check out the electric half. from the first cry of TELL ME MAMAAAAAAAA! ..... spine tingling.
    the Who - Live at Leeds - like the bowie disc, i'll always go back to the cd copy i bought in the 90s, more tracks than the original vinyl release but not the full concert that would come with 40th anniversary set.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    lots of good ones here. ill add these two:

Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Weld - Peak NY&CH.
    The Cure - Show - Peak Cure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Been meaning to post here for a bit! Huge lover of live music, may even prefer it to most studio recordings, honestly. So anyway, in no particular order...

Swans - Swans Are Dead (1998)
    David Bowie - Stage (1978) {Latest reissue that has all of the songs in the proper running order; not the original version}
    Robert Rich - Live (1984)
    16 Horsepower - Live March 2001 (2008)
    Nisennenmondai - Nisennenmondai Live!!! (2011)
    The Revolting Cocks - You Goddamned Son of a Bitch: Live at the Metro Chicago 1987 (1988)
    Skinny Puppy - Doomsday: Live in Dresden (2001)
    Chris & Cosey - Union (1999)
    Dead Can Dance - Toward the Within (1994)
    Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York (1994)
    Gary Numan - Live Dark Light (1995)
    Killing Joke - Down by the River (2012)
    Ministry - In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up (1990)
    Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been (2002) {DVD version with all of the songs included}
    Ryo Fukui - Ryo Fukui in New York (1999)
    A Perfect Circle - Live: Stone & Echo (2013)
    S.P.K. - Paradiso (2014)
    Depeche Mode - Devotional (1993) {I know it's technically a concert film but I'm counting it here as it's a pretty incredible set recorded during my all-time favorite period for this particular band)
    Heilung - Lifa (2017)
    Carter Tutti - Live: LEM Festival - October 04, 2003 (2004) {Technically a different project, at least I'm counting it as such even if it's still Chris & Cosey)

I could name a number of additional albums by a lot of these artists (Gary Numan, Swans, Skinny Puppy, etc.) but I tried to just include my absolute favorites for the sake of brevity.
    Last edited by AVirtualMemoryOfficial; 02-18-2023 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Stupid spelling errors.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The Orb- Live 93
    Oophoi- The Spirals of Time

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Dredg - Live at the Fillmore.

Recorded about a month after we saw them at Taste of Chaos of all shows. "Bug Eyes", just "Bug Eyes."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Beside You in Time (I know not an album, but a dvd. Still listen to the audio fairly regularly)
    Linkin Park - Live in Texas (Chester was on fire and it has some of my favorite early LP tracks on it)
    Slipknot - Download 2009
    Avenged Sevenfold - Live in the LBC (bite me. Saw them on this tour back in high school so it’s super nostalgic, plus their late drummer is one of my all time favorite drummers ever)
    Metallica - S&M (every track on here rips and the orchestra really adds a cool layer to tracks like Battery and Until it Sleeps)
    Greg Puciato - Fuck Content