Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: What weird habit/OCD shit do you do for no reason?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

What weird habit/OCD shit do you do for no reason?

Whenever I drive out of the local area I go under a bridge that's called CARTER ROAD. Out of habit, I always look up at the street sign, half because it reminds me of Chris Carter, X-Files creator, and partly out of OCD. I do this every single time without fail.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Maaan, I can't speak for you, but that sure doesn't seem like OCD to me (and I think the term "OCD shit" is super dumb).

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Maaan, I can't speak for you, but that sure doesn't seem like OCD to me (and I think the term "OCD shit" is super dumb).
    I've had chronic actual OCD for years, so I guess I'm not talking about that. More something that you do regularly for no apparent reason and doesn't make sense, but you still do it anyway, like what I mentioned above.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    when i first light my smoke, i have to look at the tip and blow the first exhale on the cherry

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I catch myself counting things in my head all the time, for no apparent reason.

The number of stairs I've climbed, blocks I've walked, how many minutes and seconds it's been since the last time I looked at a clock and noticed the time, etc.

Hilariously, I frequently lose count because I'm not really paying attention and don't even really give a shit...and then keep counting anyway, lol.