Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)

JESUS CHIST, how about the new one?! It was SO cinematic, SO tense, and, good god, those twists!

I wanna talk about Gabriel. In the comic, he dies hanging from the water tower, right? Beta kills him. It's insanely graphic.
    They mention the water tower a few times in the episode, and, in the last shot, they're fucking HEADED for it.
    Is Gabriel going to finally get his past due comic death, courtesy or one of those "reapers?" I hope not.

OR, is this all a symbol of the "death" of Gabriel as we know him? Maybe it's just symbolic of everything, and especially the whisperer war, turning him into a different person. Maybe going forward, this just means that Gabriel is going to be a stone cold killer. MAYBE, he'd even betray someone in the group. One thing's for certain: he sure doesn't see "the possibility of goodness in everyone" anymore or whatever.

There was a LOT of symbolism of inevitability and futility and beautiful things going bad in the beginning, with the blood on the flowers, and the skeletons holding each other, and the SAVE US on top of the building. Maybe that's all about the goodness of Gabriel unavoidably ending.

This episode was DEEP. It's one of my favorites ever.

And how about that whiskey? It was Duane Jones brand, which is Morgan's son's name.
    I know the chance is slim, and it's probably just an Easter egg, but what if he's at the Commonwealth? What if he didn't really die? There's supposed to be a fear crossover, and there's been a LOT of rumors of Madison returning. People have been theorizing that Duane didn't really die for years, but, it seemed outlandish. NOW, though, the show is ending and they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Anyway, what did you guys think?

Edit:sorry for those lines at the top. I was trying to make spoiler tags, because of the bit about the comic, so I went into advanced editing mode and...yeah. Eight years on this iteration of the board, 7000 posts, and I still can't remember how to do it. :/
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-17-2021 at 10:04 AM.