Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: PIG - and Other Raymond Watts Projects

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    They've been performing Arbor Vitate! Never knew.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Little UK tour in the first week of February, with another band 3teeth.

https://myticket.co.uk/artists/3teeth

Catch Babymetal* in the UK 3 weeks later, thru the same ticket vendor...

Last edited by blassster; 01-11-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Anyone interested in this shirt? XL in really good condition

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    New EP - Sex & Death. 1 new song, a killer-sounding Situation (from Pigmata/Pigmartyr) remix, and 2 others by KMFDM and FLA. Comes with a signed tarot/download card, of which there were small 2-sets available but are now sold out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I really wanted to buy that, but the cost with shipping to Canada is so completely ludicrous for a 5 song EP I had to opt out. $75 is insane.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The band camp won't let me preview tracks. after these last couple of releases, im not interested in shelling out cash for his stuff when I cant preview it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well damn. That's a pretty strong return to form!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ...here is one i did of the album Sinsation by PIG. i made a bootleg version that includes the early version of My Sanctuary and the Osaka 1999 live performance (something you'd expect from the 90's era of bootlegs.) i also wanted the cover art to be the similar to the original but with more gritty, worn textures and colours.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ...here is the hi-res cover for the bootleg and other hi-res covers from the Sinsation/Wrecked era. some of these i had to re-create and re-colour because you cant find hi-res version anywhere on the web (like Painiac, for instance.) i think i got the colours right on these, but you be the judge. enjoy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Sex and Death EP is great, especially Situation.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    New album in November: Pain is God

Looks to be about halfway comprised of new tracks and mixes of older ones. Plus what I assume is a remake of the KMFDM classic "Kickin' Ass."

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This guy, I donno how he does it... disappears from the music scene for like 12 years and then he pumps out a new record every 6 months lol.
    I mean... great time to be a PIG fan.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    [...]Plus what I assume is a remake of the KMFDM classic "Kickin' Ass."

It is, performed with En Esch and Sasha Grey. Vinyl with bonus tracks to come as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Vinyl version available for preorder. It's $130 CAD shipped... Skipping this one for once!

https://pigindustries.bandcamp.com/a...-vinyl-edition

Also on that page, the digital album price is in error I think, hahaa!

PS, Raymond is a champ
    https://twitter.com/raymondwatts/sta...62116693209089

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I captured a promotional VHS containing 11 videos from various Int*rscope bands, dated 1996-10-10. Painiac (Nothing Touches Me) is among them, though the listing says "Nothing Hurts Me".

Here's Painiac if anyone wants it, as I don't know if there's a better copy that's widely available. The only version I've seen is on YT and looks terrible, which is often YTs fault. I never had a copy of that weird official bootleg DVD they sold in the 00s (anyone gave an iso and willing to DM?), so maybe the version on there is better, if this was there. One could improve this by merging the CD's audio.

Example screencaps, not really chosen to showcase quality but just action shots

The full VHS listing:

MARILYN MANSON "The Beautiful People" 3:44

PIG "Painiac (Nothing Hurts Me)" 3:50

POSSUM DIXON "Crashing Your Planet" 3:01

NO DOUBT "Don't Speak" 5:02

LINDA PERRY "Fill Me Up" 4:44

LOW & SWEET ORCHESTRA "Sometimes The Truth Is All You Get" 4:26

RED FIVE "Space" 2:50

LIFTER "Headshot" 3:12

REACHAROUND "Big Chair" 4:09

PHIL CODY "House Of Lust" 3:21

BRIAN SETZER ORCHESTRA "Guitar Slinger Promo" 6:26
    Last edited by blassster; 10-25-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So what's everyone think about Pain is God? I can't stop listening to it, Suffer No More is quickly becoming one of my favorite PIG songs. Love to see a female singer back on some songs and a couple quirky-ish songs that remind me of some stuff on Genuine American Monster.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    So what's everyone think about Pain is God? I can't stop listening to it, Suffer No More is quickly becoming one of my favorite PIG songs. Love to see a female singer back on some songs and a couple quirky-ish songs that remind me of some stuff on Genuine American Monster.
    Due to life distractions, I'm still trying to get my arms around it as an album - a task somewhat complicated by so many of the tracks having been released in largely similar mixes over the tour CDs, etc. That said, the incremental tracks are pretty great, so I'm not regretting throwing down for another pricey LP.

I've always loved Raymond paired with a female vocalist (The Sick is a personal favorite and a huge treat to see on the last tour), so Suffer No More and the title track certainly stand out in that regard. Not sure anything supplants The Revelation as my personal high water mark in the post-resurgence Pig catalog, but it's early days yet...

Getting way ahead of things, I'm crossing fingers for another robust set of remixes like we got for Risen. Or barring that, just give a couple tracks each to En Esch and Marc Heal and I'll be a happy hog lover!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Its a great album, I really like it.

I think its probably my favourite out of the 3 comeback albums, The Gospel/Risen/Pain Is God.

The production is a step up and the songs are great.

I'm as happy as a pig in shit.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Still playing it every few days, but my initial feeling is that it's really, really good. I shelled out for the LP, so it feels somewhat padded out with extra tracks, but there's nothing to snore at on here.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Imo, he's just getting better and better now since returning. He's in full form here. Good shit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Imo, he's just getting better and better now since returning. He's in full form here. Good shit.
    100% agree.

I actually went back to Risen during the past week and its a huge album too. Amazing stuff.

PIG is phenomenal.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I was a child in May 1994 and therefore not present, but PIG supported NIN in one of Ireland's greatest venues, the now defunct SFX Theatre.

Embarrassingly, PIG was booed and bottled off the stage. I say embarrassingly because I feel embarrassed that my fellow people would behave in such a manner.

Needless to say, PIG has not returned since and the NIN shows we've got have been half arsed versions of what I have attended in other countries; a support slot to the the fucking Foo Fighters in an outdoor venue and an appearance at the notoriously shite festival, Oxegen.

My copy of Pain Is God arrived today and there was a autographed insert therein. Lovely.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I love Pig. With the passing of the years, I find I can revisit Raymond's material much much more often than KMFDM's. Not sure why that is. Maybe it just never gets old, and I did play the hell out of KMFDM's discography up through 2002.

It's nuts to me there's apparently not a single worthwhile bit of recorded footage out there from when they were opening for NIN. Severed pig heads on sticks

I couldn't for the life of me ever sit down and rank albums and EPs etc. There barely a single damn release I don't think bears revisiting. And I'd need to include Schaft's Switchblade and Schwein in there as those two albums were pretty well halfway PIG albums.

I love The Gospel, Risen and Pain Is God, but in different ways than I do the run of works before the hiatus. I just don't think there's any point comparing them, they're very different beasts.

Been revisiting thesickcity volume one compilation lately (wish I had an original CD). It reminded me of how great Anna Wildsmith (Sow) was.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I had only realized a couple of weeks ago that the percussive burpy sounds in Silt seem to be a slowed down version of the percussive burpy sounds in the start of The Only Good One's a Dead One.
    Last edited by blassster; 03-07-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So I've recently ditched all streaming services, and have been relying on my vast iTunes library. Re repping things in lossless that were just MP3's before.

This has caused me to go through the entire PIG discography. from the beginning to the end. And man, is this guy prolific. I was not a fan of the comeback records until now. I may have just been in a bad mood. Theyre good. Granted they arent as good as the earlier work. Not as experimental. But good nonetheless.

have not listened to the new album yet. that will probably happen this afternoon. Im hopeful seeing some of the comments here.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I recently watched three lengthy (video!) interviews with Watts from 4 months ago. They're all from around the new album's release, so there are some shared topics, but was worth it for me to see it all. One of them was with someone he knew, so they were a bit cozier at times. Anyway, here's all three if anyone has 2.5 hours to burn.

20m:
    33m:
    1h20:

He got super personal in the last two especially, which was nice to get to hear (but the decades of substance abuse up to 2015 is awful, obviously).

I don't know how I missed these. If you only get to watch one, watch the longest. He's truly blessed to be alive and well.
    Last edited by blassster; 04-13-2021 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Pain is God remix album Pain Killer goes up for pre-order tomorrow, it's also Bandcamp Friday.

Releases on September 3rd.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Symphony for the devil from the swining is epic. Somehow this flew under my radar until recently. I thought i was well versed in Raymond watts' output but for whatever reason, had missed most of this album.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orson thrust View Post
    Symphony for the devil from the swining is epic. Somehow this flew under my radar until recently. I thought i was well versed in Raymond watts' output but for whatever reason, had missed most of this album.
    This album is among his best. And sounds really good.