Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: PIG - and Other Raymond Watts Projects

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    North American tour this fall, according to Raymond's Instagram! Dates out soon.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebek View Post
    North American tour this fall, according to Raymond's Instagram! Dates out soon.
    https://www.songkick.com/concerts/41...g-at-catch-one

This LA show popped up on my Songkick a couple months ago.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ah, thank you for posting this! I've been sweating ever since the tour teaser surfaced, fearing that Raymond would show up in the NYC area on one of a few weekends I know I have to be out of town. If he's in LA on October 19, this bodes well.

Very interested to see who's rounding out the band, too...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

PIG - and Other Raymond Watts Projects

Dates are up on his Instagram, I tried posting a screenshot but it looked like shit.

My wife and I were talking about how we’d travel to catch a show and turns out he’s playing fucking Millersville, PA. It's like 15 minutes from my house. Amazing. We’ll be taking off the next day for that Sunday show.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 06-14-2024 at 07:08 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Dates are up on his Instagram, I tried posting a screenshot but it looked like shit.

My wife and I were talking about how we’d travel to catch a show and turns out he’s playing fucking Millersville, PA. It's like 15 minutes from my house. Amazing. We’ll be taking off the next day for that Sunday show.
    Whoa, I grew up in Manheim Township! Hi, neighbor in space if not time!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/C8LC8Rrq8n3/?hl=en

Yes, that is a very ugly and hard to read annoucement.

And looks like that 10/19 date was correct, which means I'll have to miss it, as I plan on crossing seeing Joni Mitchell off my bucket list that night.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ah, that’s a bummer - but Joni definitely seems like one to prioritize considering her age/health.

NYC is the day before a family b-day, but I should still be able to make it. Here’s hoping for a lot of newer stuff in the setlist!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    When I saw him in NJ, I think it was two tours ago, he was playing mostly newer stuff. I'd like to catch this tour but it's harder these days with young kids... might possibly be able to make the NYC date.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    VIP packages are up on the main site. Seriously considering it, even if just for the exclusive CD with unreleased tracks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I’ve booked VIP for NYC, and I wholeheartedly recommend it based on the prior four tours - though I guess that stat alone underscores my strong positive bias, LOL.

Raymond is an incredibly gracious and entertaining host, and the CD/swag tends to be great. Not every track from the prior tour discs has remained exclusive, but there’s still a good percentage (perhaps a majority) of the content that hasn’t yet appeared elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    I’ve booked VIP for NYC, and I wholeheartedly recommend it based on the prior four tours - though I guess that stat alone underscores my strong positive bias, LOL.

Raymond is an incredibly gracious and entertaining host, and the CD/swag tends to be great. Not every track from the prior tour discs has remained exclusive, but there’s still a good percentage (perhaps a majority) of the content that hasn’t yet appeared elsewhere.
    Seconded. The VIP experience is awesome.

I won’t be attending the tour this year. And possibly never again. I’ll just buy the VIP CD on eBay for 200 dollars. I’m okay with that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Bought VIP for my wife and I. Those of you that have done it before, do they mail some kind of credential or are we just on a list the night of show?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The routine has been pretty consistent over the past few tours - nothing is physically mailed, but you should receive an email a few days before confirming the details (generally requests that you arrive one hour before doors).

If you don’t see something, Raymond or someone on his team should respond to emailed inquiries or social media outreach.

Hope that helps. I’m sure you’ll have a great time!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info! I got a few words in with Raymond as he was coming off stage when I saw them on The Gospel tour, really looking forward to another chance to chat with him for a minute or two.

Now we just need to see what kind/number of members we're getting for the band. I'm selfishly and most likely unrealistically hoping that Michelle Martinez is on the tour. I absolutely love her voice and wish she appeared on more Red Room songs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yes, it would be terrific if the band included someone this time around who could contribute contrasting vocals. I love En Esch and hope he’s in the fold, but he wouldn’t exactly be my first choice to handle some of the belting on a track like Pain Is God, for example!