Thread: Rank NIN Albums

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm...OK.

The Downward Spiral – Just an incredible album from start to finish. I listen to it all of the time and am still amazed by it.

Pretty Hate Machine – First listened to this album in 1991 when I was 10 years old. It was drastically different than anything I was listening to at the time. Harder than Depeche Mode and the collage of sounds surpassed any hair metal band of that time, it sounds dated today, but at the time it was revolutionary. Sadly, I don’t listen to it much anymore, but it’s definitely my second favorite, maybe because of nostalgia. Another thing I really love about this album, TR vocals and writting is very unique to this album. The passion is extremely apparent on this album.

The Fragile – At the time, never have I seen a package done so elaborately. First album, where I could finally get hyped about. I remember I just had gotten a computer with internet, 1999, and the first place I went to was nin.com., the second mtv.com (haha). MTV.com had a 30 second teaser of TDTWA, which is funny now, because if you listen to the first 30 seconds of TDTWA, it’s just noise and no song. I remember buying the album from CD Warehouse and going straight home and putting the CD in the stereo, playing it as loud as I could. The opening song blew me away. I must admit though,it took several years to appreciate the whole album. The B-sides from this era are the best.

Broken – This album was the hardest for me to get into. I would listen to PHM everyday and I think I had one of those mail-in CD subscriptions (the best way to steal CDs at the time) and this was mailed to my house. I popped it in, and was it was too much noise for me at the time. Not until TDS was released and digested was I able to go back and listen to Broken. I would like a re-master of Broken before a re-master of TF. Random memory: Playing Broken while playing Road Rash II on mute.

The Social Network – Great music I can listen to at work without offending anyone.

Year Zero – Good album, I don’t like every song off the album, but the ones I do, I REALLY like them. The Great Destroyer’s ending, mind-blowing.

The Slip – Very good album, I like most of the songs from this album. The only fault for me was that it seemed like leftover tracks from WT, YZ and Ghosts.

With Teeth – Again, probably the weakest album out of the bunch, but compared to all other albums out there, this is strong album. Probably, first album where I didn’t like every single song.

The Girl with Dragon Tattoo – Just started listening today.

Ghosts I-IV – When I first listened to this I was kinda bored by the first track, then the second track came on, bored again. Freaking finally, third track had some guts to it. I was alright, I am going to hear some Driver Down type songs. Well, that didn’t exactly happen, but I do like the album. Some songs took longer to like than others.
    Last edited by somewhatdamaged; 12-09-2011 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Quick reply messed up my editting.