Thread: Patriots Day (2016)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    On another note, looking at the detail of the tracks downloaded from Amazon - the bitrate varies between 182 and 262. I presumed I was buying CD quality from them, but apparently not. Slightly vexed by that. On speaking to Amazon they confirm that everything is encoded at 256 variable bit rate - 182 is pretty damn variable. Asked them if they'd be able to re-do it but setting file at a standard 256, no dice. So they've refunded and I'll buy a high quality digital offering instead when it's made available.
    FYI, all music downloads from Amazon are MP3, never CD quality. I used to buy digital there fairly regularly, but now if i'm buying lossy downloads I get from google play, as they are 320kbps MP3 instead of VBR. I still buy a lot of CDs, usually when I want lossless and an artifact, something to collect.
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Over on amazon, it says track 8, "The Night Drive," is only available on "album only."
    That just means that you can't buy that particular track a la carte, you still get it if you buy the whole album. Wasn't sure from your post if you knew that.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    FYI, all music downloads from Amazon are MP3, never CD quality. I used to buy digital there fairly regularly, but now if i'm buying lossy downloads I get from google play, as they are 320kbps MP3 instead of VBR. I still buy a lot of CDs, usually when I want lossless and an artifact, something to collect.

That just means that you can't buy that particular track a la carte, you still get it if you buy the whole album. Wasn't sure from your post if you knew that.
    No. I thought it meant it didn't come with the download. I'l hold off on buying this, wait for the CD. If this will be another no CD release I'll just go with the download.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    No. I thought it meant it didn't come with the download. I'l hold off on buying this, wait for the CD. If this will be another no CD release I'll just go with the download.
    It did come with my download of the album from Amazon.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    It did come with my download of the album from Amazon.
    Yeah, that's what I figured after reading the responces. Thanks. Looking forward to hearing this.