Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: nine inch nails 2016 speculation (fat lady singing edition)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    It went down for ~3 hours on 5/11.
    5/11 was an inside job.

investigate 5/11.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    It went down for ~3 hours on 5/11. Only reason I know the date is because I searched for an old iMessage with some friends about it.
    Now, was the logo up too, or was it just blank page? I knew I remembered something like this happening earlier in the year, because everyone freaked out thinking it was a site revamp for the new album.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I think I'm on something

Don't tell anyone

http://www.nin.com/wp-content/plugin...rounds/bg1.jpg

edit: I did a reverse image search, it might probably be just a stock image from some wordpress template
    Last edited by arsenic; 12-15-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Just realized after all these years, whenever Trent did this type of thing.. He was trolling us. I mean sometimes it paid off - but it's still trolling, lol. Still, that logo on the site takes me back to the VMA teaser in '99. That shit blew my mind. I must of watched it a million times on VHS. So stoked right now. Could be for nothing.

Is that a different vocal take? It sounds like it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Now, was the logo up too, or was it just blank page? I knew I remembered something like this happening earlier in the year, because everyone freaked out thinking it was a site revamp for the new album.
    I can't remember exactly. But I'm 90% sure it was just totally down.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It was blank then, no logo.
    Last edited by magnolia; 12-15-2016 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm excited. And tired. I will sleep now and when I wake up I would like to see a couple of thousand new posts and threads. Kthxbye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    I think I'm on something

Don't tell anyone

edit: I did a reverse image search, it might probably be just a stock image from some wordpress template
    Bam: http://www.nin.com/wp-content/plugin...rounds/nin.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looks like an announcement is on its way to me. Dont wanna get to far ahead of myself here. I predict a new single before the end of the year and an album following next year

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I just hope whatever we get is really loud and weird as shit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Seems like the site reverted back to what it was before

Edit: Never mind, seems as though it's something to do with my cookies or something causing me to revert back to the original. Uuugggghhhh
    Last edited by Shipley; 12-15-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    It's still the black logo on white for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipley View Post
    Seems like the site reverted back to what it was before
    Still just the NIN logo for me

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    I think I'm on something

Don't tell anyone

Probably just stock pictures I think. You linked bg1.jpg but there are pictures all the way through bg11.jpg if anybody else want to check em out.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Those bg image links, as well as the site itself now, all send me to the same old site again. Which is weird, I had the white page w/black logo earlier. Mobile now loads a blank page, no logo, no anything.
    Has anyone called ARG yet?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Those bg image links, as well as the site itself now, all send me to the same old site again. Which is weird, I had the white page w/black logo earlier. Mobile now loads a blank page, no logo, no anything.
    Has anyone called ARG yet?
    I've been calling ARG for the past 3 years.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Good.

That forum was.... "odd". Felt like you were interacting with robots or something. One nice ting was TR chiming in from time to time, telling Bill to go to hell or whatever, lol.
    Nothing beats The Spiral. "You: go fuck yourself. Now." He even brought back the "go fuck yourself" thing in a reddit AMA.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm in an 80s mood so I'm hoping it's just a whole album of more Falco covers, one is just not enough

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Nothing beats The Spiral. "You: go fuck yourself. Now." He even brought back the "go fuck yourself" thing in a reddit AMA.
    I'll never forget when Josh opened the floodgates and let everyone open chat in the pre-show chat with the band that one night, Rob yelled at him to behave and go play the drums, and Josh didn't want to because he was having fun with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    why the trolling?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Oh, you've not met?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Figured he was trolling. Still didn't stop me from scouring the damn page. Not cool and somewhat cringeworthy

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Trent is a certified grade A troll. He is so damn good at it, and he knows it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I still regret that day. I've never revealed this but I sent a PM to Trent shortly after I made that comment. I basically apologized and tried to, desperatly, explain myself. At that time I was a dumb college student madly obsessed with NIN and the ARG... I was probably just over stimulated.

Anyways we all knew that Trents inbox was bombarded everyday so I didn't expect anything. I think the next day he replied saying it was okay and to forget about it, TR.

You gotta respect him for that.

Another funny story... a year later Trent and Rob were in the nin chat room. I caught wind and joined the room. Rob (who I assume recognized me as being a remix mod) gave me +voice (meaning I could chat with Trent while the other 100 fans watched) - well I froze... couldn't think of a damn thing to say or ask. Then Trent spoke up and said "didn't i yell at you once"

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    I still regret that day. I've never revealed this but I sent a PM to Trent shortly after I made that comment. I basically apologized and tried to, desperatly, explain myself. At that time I was a dumb college student madly obsessed with NIN and the ARG... I was probably just over stimulated.

Anyways we all knew that Trents inbox was bombarded everyday so I didn't expect anything. I think the next day he replied saying it was okay and to forget about it, TR.

Another funny story... a year later Trent and Rob were in the nin chat room. I caught wind and joined the room. Rob (who I assume recognized me as being a remix mod) gave me +voice (meaning I could chat with Trent while the other 100 fans watched) - well I froze... couldn't think of a damn thing to say or ask. Then Trent spoke up and said "didn't i yell at you once"
    I kinda miss being a remix mod, it felt so good thinking I was doing something to help Trent and Rob. Don't know if what we did really helped them, but I know we helped a lot of fans who had questions/problems with the site.

See, this is what happens when a small "we don't know if it was even a real change or not" thing happens to the site.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My man Trent in the fucking clutch!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Anyone got that screenshot of Trent telling Bill to go fuck himself?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post

Hahaha!!! That was you that made the KMFDM statement!?

To be fair, they do sound similar.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Dammit, I'm moving tomorrow and my internet is being disconnected, not sure when it'll be back up and running at the new place quite yet.
    Knowing me, something will happen while I don't have access to using the internet.

Same thing happened in 2008. I moved, and when I reconnected my internet There was a surprise NIN release out of the blue called "Ghosts I-IV"

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    He called us worse, here. He once told @Jinsai to go rub some Vagisil in his ears.